Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Obituaries

Bad furday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_billy_mays

:(

It's been a bad week for icons. :( But...I do want Billy Mays to hawk his coffin ( if that is what they're going to do) from beyond the grave. :p

"Billy Mays here with the Eco-Coffin! It's comfortable! It's affordable!, and best of all, it's good for the environment!"

Drake

What the...

He was just on Conan last week. :(

Princess

I'm betting that he had a subdural hematoma (brain bleed) from hitting his head so hard on the plane.

On the other hand, I'm so freaking sick of Michael Jackson. We were up north this weekend at a family friend's cabin and I was sleeping on the futon in the living room and they got up this morning and put on the news and I swear it was 5 minutes of Farrah, 5 of Ed McMahon and the rest was all MJ. Didn't even hear about Billy.

Drake

You know what I think? Billy Mays was killed by the Shamwow guy.

Chickenman

I can't believe (I can, given America's idiotic interest in celebrities and the resulting fickleness to how said celebrities are perceived) how this has all turned around for Jackson. I mean, the man raped children and was reviled for it, but now America as a collective hole is saying "Yeah, but remember Thriller?" I mean, I know dancing ability is far more important than molestation charges, but whatever.

And I gotta say, Dave Carradine has got to be dancing in his grave at the moment. :p

Radioactive Isotope

I'm betting that he had a subdural hematoma (brain bleed) from hitting his head so hard on the plane.

that's my guess as well. just goes to show that celebrities aren't any smarter than the rest of us and don't learn from other peoples' misfortunes. this is the exact same scenario that happened with Liam Neeson's wife. i don't care if you think you're fine, if you conk your head, GO TO THE HOSPITAL! this senselessness didn't have to happen. :mad:

Tsl

Eh, would you go to the ER if you bonked your head but felt fine? I'd probably be in the ER like once a week or something, lol

I can't believe Billy Mays died! Now I'll never get to see him in a fight to the death with the creepy sham wow guy. My life's ambition is destroyed!

Drake

Shamwow has won. The apocalypse is nigh.

Bad furday

I can't believe (I can, given America's idiotic interest in celebrities and the resulting fickleness to how said celebrities are perceived)

All I want to see are pics of Kim Kardashian in a bikini. Which last month's In Touch had plenty of, which we oogled at work. :D;)

But in theory, everyone on that plane should have been checked out if they were worried about subdural hematomas. In quite a few of the reports I've read, the overhead compartments few open, and things fell from the ceiling. Billy probably wasn't the only one who was hit by something.

Of course, the airline tried to distance itself by saying that Billy wasn't wearing his seatbelt on landing, which I think makes them look stupid. I fail to see how wearing a seatbelt would protect oneself from objects falling from an overhead bin.

And Tsl's got a point about who would actually go to the emergency room. If the pain was severe enough, I think anyone would consider checking themselves in. But, at work a moderately heavy box fell off a cart as I was pushing it and hit me on the head. Subdural hematoma wasn't the first thing I thought of. That was months ago, and I haven't experienced any changes in motor function, dizziness, etc.

James the Defender

This has not been a good month for celebrities...

1: Ed McMahon

2: Farrah Fawcett

3: Michael Jackson

4: Billy Mays

5: Gary Papa (he was a local news anchor here; had a following)

Mara

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090629/ap_on_...v/us_billy_mays

So apparently...no head trauma. Heart disease is the likely cause. :???::(

Before I knew about the incident on the plane, I thought heart attack. I mean, he's always yelling...

This has been a crazy last few days for celebs.

Drake

Like he said on Conan, he's not yelling...he's projecting. :p

Ana

Well he needed to stop projecting. That's what microphones are for. :p

Princess

Like the ShamWow guy's microphone?

Uncle Du

Yeah there are a few people you just don't want to die straight after you... MJ was one of them. Farrah seriously got her thunder stolen.

I'm thinking she doesn't quite care that her thunder got stolen. ;)

I'd be sittin on a cloud, drinkin a martini. :p

Mara

Like he said on Conan, he's not yelling...he's projecting. :p

I don't hear a difference. :p

TheUnknown

You probably don't know this guy (I didn't until I saw this video), but Sky Saxon, who collaborated with the Smashing Pumpkins on this awesome song, has died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U08DD_VgIk

Andy

Geez, will everyone stop dying already? :(

Tsl

Well, as we all know death comes in 3's and 7's. We passed up 3 a while back! Who's next? *brandishes a scythe* :p

Uncle Du

Umm, I have a suggestion....paris hilton....pweeeeease!!!!

Link

I vote Miley Cyrus.

Andy

Umm, I have a suggestion....paris hilton....pweeeeease!!!!

how about Perez Hilton. Can't stand him lol

TheUnknown

How about both, in a steel cage match.

Bad furday

We are thinking of starting a Dead Pool at work. :p :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.