Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

The Batman - the new movies

Chickenman

Angelina Jolie is a great actress.

Although I'm not sure Catwoman would really bring much to the table in the Nolanverse.

Mara

No, I'm not denying her talent...

I just don't think she'd be the best choice to play Catwoman.

I really hope in the third, Two-Face is back. I think we need to explore that character more, especially with his seemingly rapid transformation.

Maybe with the Riddler... I'm hearing a lot of talk about that pairing elsewhere, as well.

Drake

Helena Bonham Carter.

She makes a good villain/scary lady.

Chickenman

I think Angelina would be perfect as Catwoman. She may be a bit too high profile for the role, but you can't deny the woman is catlike.

Mara

Maybe... Maybe it's the high-profile thing.

She's certainly be better than Halle Berry. :p

Andy

I really hope we can leave Catwoman out of it... it's been done to death and I think a love interest for Batman is the last thing the Nolanverse needs right now.

Chickenman

Yeah.

Mara

Yeah,

hopefully he'll just be depressed for the next film or two, with Rachel gone.

CorSec

Angelina Jolie is a great actress.

Sorry, I misread that as 'Angelina Jolie has great assets'.

I think mine is more accurate.

Uncle Du

Yea, so I finally saw The Dark Knight.

Holy s***.

That is all.

Chickenman

Finally found someone who thought I was enough of a decent human being to see it with me, and I gotta say....whoa. I knew it was going to be better than the first, I knew it was going to be incredible, I knew it was even going to top the first, but wow.

There were about eight times in the movie where I thought it was going to wrap up, and it just kept going. It really did operate at a constant climax.

I loved how much it drew from "The Long Halloween," my favorite Batman story.

Now to backtrack through this thread...

Anyway... the whole continuity thing made me remember something I noticed from The Dark Knight--

I noticed that Gordon called his wife Barbara... and I thought in other media forms, his daughter was Barbara (Batgirl)... so either his daughter has the same name or... something else was screwed with.

Gordon's wife was named Barbara. She left him shortly after he became Commisioner. He also had a niece named Barbara, who may have actually been his daughter from an affair with his sister-in-law. She became Batgirl/Oracle. Thinking back on it now,

it was cool that Batman saved Gordon's son's life, as in the comics, Batman leapt off a bridge to save the kid. Nice touch.

What about Harley Quinn? If they do bring in Joker again, or even if they don't---she could theoretically already have associations to him that could lead to bringing the psychotic woman into the playing field.

Harley Quinn's great, but I don't think she's a strong enough villain on her own. She always has to be teamed up with the Joker or Poison Ivy. Her and the Joker do present an interesting abusive relationship, with her dependency on him and his uncaring towards her, which Nolan could do an interesting job exploring. But again, she's nothing without the Joker. You also can't team her up with Ivy without establishing her Joker relationship first. She also seems to me to be a better cartoon character than anything. (Mostly because she was created specifically for the cartoon :p)

Oh, and was it just me or did Gotham City not look the same in this film? It had the same feel to it, sure, but it didn't look the same as we saw it in Batman Begins. Was abit weird, I thought.

"'I've tried to unclutter the Gotham we created on the last film," said Crowley. "Gotham is in chaos. We keep blowing up stuff, so we can keep our images clean.'"

Although I did like being able to say to myself, in the middle of a chase scene, "those are the same train tracks the Blues Brothers chase went under!" :p

Hugo Strange? There would be an easy way to introduce him, in that Bruce Wayne probably needs a psychiatrist by now, lol.

Could make for an interesting plot, but I've always found Hugo Strange to be pretty useless. The only real contributions he's made to the batverse is being one of Batman's first villains and auctioning off Batman's true identity to the other villains.

Radioactive Isotope

Harvey Dent's fate confirmed

i'm still not convinced. a lot could change between now and the next movie.

Chickenman

I'd say

he's dead. I don't really think there's much more that needs to be told about him, really.

Plus, they turned his head over and checked his pulse and such. If he had a broken neck, turning his head, symbolic as it is, probably did him if there was any hope of recovery.

:p

Drake

Meow...

anne-hathaway_batm_1355384a.jpg

Mara

SHE IS VIOLATING THE BATPOD.

But anyway... I cannot wait for next summer.

Drake

She's Catwoman and Anne Hathaway. She can violate whatever she wants...be it the Batpod...or me. :shifty:

• Upvote 1

Mara

Pfft. Men. :p

Pandora

She's Catwoman and Anne Hathaway. She can violate whatever she wants...be it the Batpod...or me. :shifty:

:lol: Frankly, I could probably play for the other team long enough... lol :p

Drake

I just hope she's not wearing those nerdy goggles the whole movie.

Unless they were like the Arkham City Catwoman goggles...

Catwoman_Risky_f3.jpg

Radioactive Isotope

So......

Anyone else see The Dark Knight Rises yet? Thoughts?

Ayingel

Of course :) I liked it...and I like how it was left a little open at the end to possibly lead into a Nightwing movie...

Radioactive Isotope

No, because Nightwing is Dick Grayson. :p

All in all I think TDK was better. This movie seemed like nearly 3 hours of "beat up Bruce Wayne." But I did love all the little mythology gags they threw in.

Bad furday

I noticed you had a practical geekgasm on Facebook. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.