Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

The Batman - the new movies

Andy

I'm seeing Dark Knight tonight! :D

Radioactive Isotope

about time :p

i'd like to see Catwoman in a future Nolan Batmovie. if he chooses her as a villain, he will make her threatening enough.

Rogue

Agreed. I think she and the Riddler would definatly work.

What about Harley Quinn? If they do bring in Joker again, or even if they don't---she could theoretically already have associations to him that could lead to bringing the psychotic woman into the playing field.

Radioactive Isotope

i wouldn't mind seeing Harley Quinn. i think she'd be a fun one to add in.

Andy

about time :p

It had only been out a day. :p

It was so much better than Batman Begins, with the late Heath Ledger giving an incredible performance as the Joker. This version of the Joker puts previous versions to shame, and portrays the character as an architect of chaos.

Rachel was a necessary sacrifice in the film, to enable Bruce to move on and become fully immersed in his alter-ego's role as the Dark Knight.

People may be upset of the changes to the character of Harvey Dent; but I found those changes to be welcome ones and although probably rushed (even though the film was so long!) I felt the transformation from Dent into Two-Face was well done.

Will there be a sequel? The ending was ambiguous, so maybe, although after the success of this film I can't see them shelving the franchise just yet.

Apparently

Eckhart has let slip that he'll be the a sequel

but is this just classic deliberate misinformation?

Even if Ledger was still around I don't think they should bring back the Joker. It'd be extremely hard to top that performance.

Oh, and was it just me or did Gotham City not look the same in this film? It had the same feel to it, sure, but it didn't look the same as we saw it in Batman Begins. Was abit weird, I thought.

Edited by beeurd

Mara

Villains for the third. Theories?

The Joker should die with Heath. It would be unfortunate to recast.

I agree... Plus, if the Joker ever DOES come back... it should be a long time hence.

I mean, like in the comics, the baddies always seem to escape from jail or Arkham to wreak more havoc. :p

As for a third villain, I'm not really sure.

Obviously, Two-Face/Harvey Dent could be back. He could still be alive... but if he does come back, I would want a secondary villain alongside.

Why don't you think the Penguin would work in Nolan's Gotham?

Oh, and was it just me or did Gotham City not look the same in this film? It had the same feel to it, sure, but it didn't look the same as we saw it in Batman Begins. Was abit weird, I thought.

I agree with this... And maybe it was just because this film had more daylight scenes and we were away from the Narrows, but Gotham seemed too... light and cheery and sunny, to me.

Edited by Mara

Drake

They seemed to spend a lot less time in the dark alleys and the underworld of Gotham. I like to think that it's because Batman came along in the first movie and put the criminals back in their place. Now that the corruption is dying, so to speak, the good and "sunny" of Gotham is returning.

It could also be to show that the Joker is able to hurt anyone any time. Maybe making Gotham brighter made the Joker seem darker?

Mara

Well, it couldn't have hurt.

I preferred the darker Gotham, though. Less able to tell it is really Chicago. :p

CorSec

The Penguin loves birds and is known for using his 'high-tech umbrellas'. The deformed, waddling Penguin we're used to seeing is more comical than scary.

Its not impossible, but there are more accessible villains

Andy

Hugo Strange? There would be an easy way to introduce him, in that Bruce Wayne probably needs a psychiatrist by now, lol.

Ayingel

Yeah, I loved those, too.

And I watched an animinated Batman series in the mid '90s or something. On kids WB, maybe?

batman forever. it was on after roughnecks. and during the week it was after hysteria

Drake

I don't think it was called that.

Either it was Batman: The Animated Series, which ran from '92 to '95 or The New Batman Adventures that ran from '97 to '99.

Rogue

Batman Forever was one of the movies.

Andy

Yeah, the one with the Riddler, overly shiny Batsuit, and the ridiculous version of Two-Face. But thankfully no Batnipples.

Mara

Yeah, I loved those, too.

And I watched an animinated Batman series in the mid '90s or something. On kids WB, maybe?

batman forever. it was on after roughnecks. and during the week it was after hysteria

No... I think it was on before or after Power Rangers or something....

Andy

Is it really that relevant? lol

Radioactive Isotope

Animated Series FTW! i'm so buying seasons on DVD if i ever get money again. :(

Chickenman

I had the entirety of it and New Batman Adventures on torrent and then had to get rid of it. :cry:

Edited by Chickenman

Radioactive Isotope

now that's tragic.

Chickenman

Very. :cry:

Mara

The Penguin loves birds and is known for using his 'high-tech umbrellas'. The deformed, waddling Penguin we're used to seeing is more comical than scary.

Its not impossible, but there are more accessible villains

Okay, I see where you're coming from now.

At first I thought maybe you thought it wouldn't be as believable to have a deformed child in Nolan's Gotham.

But, yes, the Penguin doesn't seem very... intimidating.

What about Mr Freeze? :p

Chickenman

Yeah, the Penguin sucks.

Mr. Freeze is actually one of the best Batman villains of all time, right up there with the Joker and Two Face. Arnie's version is nothing like the tragic comic version. Though at the moment I don't know if the Nolanverse is ready for somebody so outlandish just yet.

Mara

Hmm... that is true...

You'd think the next film would still have to have a "darker" villain, to encompass the fact that Gotham still isn't entirely cleaned up (well, it will never be, but should at least be getting safer as time goes by...)

Maybe it will just be Batman vs GPD. :p

Radioactive Isotope

Though at the moment I don't know if the Nolanverse is ready for somebody so outlandish just yet.

so that Maximillion guy who thinks he's Zeus probably wouldn't work either, right? :p

Mara

Apparently there is a rumor going around that Angelina Jolie wants to play Catwoman in the third movie.

Ugh... I really hope not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.