Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

An Ancient Greece/Rome RP

Would you be interested?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mara

You forget that Greece....has....SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

More than enough reason to go with Rome. ;)

Chickenman

*Smack*

Winters

I DEMAND HISTOICAL ACCURACY!

Drake

...like I said...

:p

Chickenman

The Roman Gods suuuuuuuck.

They're almost exactly the same as the Greek ones. Just with different names. :p

I know that. Hence why they suck. They also borrowed gods from Egypt and others, to make the transition easier on the conquered populace. Thieving b******s, those Romans.

I do like Drake's idea. The fantasy world/alternate history thing could work really well. Squashing the two cultures together could also be pretty awesome. Spartans and Gladiators, Minotaurs and Politicians (same thing, but whatever), Quests and Conquests.

If you went that route, I would probably join up, and offer any help I could in shaping that world.

Mara

Hmm... I'll think about it. Kind of like historical fantasy.

Drake

Yeah. Like, in Gladius (using it as an example again) there were various mythological beings that could join your gladiator school, such as minotaurs, satyrs, yeti, shapeshifters, sorcerors, etc. There were also various gods that your characters could draw power from for their big magic attacks. The female main character, Ursula, turns out to be from the Valkries...straight out of Norse mythology.

Chickenman

I'd center on the Greek Gods, but do what the Romans did and steal some gods from other cultures. Keep the Olympians supreme though, and the others as minor deities.

Mara

Hmm...

I wanted to stay more focused on historical Rome or Greece, but since that might be difficult and boring, obviously, lol... this sounds a bit better.

I'll muse on it this weekend.

I'm thinking that perhaps it might be more interesting to involve a quest or adventure, and not just a gladiator school? Maybe. I'm not sure.

Chickenman

Gladiator school was just an example from that game.

Quest though...could work.

Mara

Yeah...

Maybe the gladiators could go on a quest...

Drake

Either would supply a good reason for everyone's characters to be grouped together.

Mara

Yup.

And we wouldn't have to worry about boring politics and palace intrigue. :p

Chickenman

I don't find the gladiator school idea all that great for this. I mean, it's interesting, and probably works really well for the game, but...eh.

Drake

*shrugs* I wasn't really attached to it. :p

Winters

Ok... when I ment in the style of Rome... I ment Rome, the TV show that was on HBO for two seasons but ended because they ran out of money.

Anyone see Rome...?

Drake

Nope. :p

Chickenman

No.

And you probably should have been more specific about what "Rome" you were talking about it. Wikipedia has quite the disambiguation page on it. :p

Ender

I did. It was a fantastic show. You'd enjoy it, Drake, for all the full-frontal nudity.

Drake

Oh, goodie. :p

It also has the actor from Journeyman in it. I loved that show...but it was cancelled far too soon.

Mara

I'm not attached to gladiators, either. :p

Maybe I'll figure out some kind of adventurey quest...or something...

Hercules/Xena style. :p

Kidding.

Ok... when I ment in the style of Rome... I ment Rome, the TV show that was on HBO for two seasons but ended because they ran out of money.

Anyone see Rome...?

No, but I wanted to.

Have to rent it; not HBO at home.

Drake

No need to kid about Herc and Xena. Those shows were epic in their scope of awesomeness.

Winters

Ok, but yes, in the style of Rome... sorry for the misunderstanding... yeah... BUT I have to say that it would be for the best... and I'm sure as the resident Roman, I'll help with the historical accuracy... I want me a gladius hispanolis or a sarissa... but sarissas are HARD to use... (they're giant eighteen foot spears)

*Could go all Morbo about accuracy.... who got that joke?*

Drake

I get the feeling that this wouldn't be about historical accuracy. It would become far too strict and serious for much casual RPing.

Winters

Well, look at the game I've been playing for the past week... I'm a Classics major through and through...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.