Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

An Ancient Greece/Rome RP

Would you be interested?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ender

Even though Titus finished it.

Mara

Anyone have any ideas? I'm drawing a blank.

Except for something with gladiators. :p

Winters

Actually, we could be... you know... cleaning out Germania and revenging Varius?

Mara

Maybe... But I'm not sure which time period I want to go with.

I don't want one of the "famous" caesars like Julius or Augustus...Give us a little more freedom.

Ender

Caligula! Then we'd get Furday in! :p

Mara

Ahahahaha... maybe. :p

Andy

Caligula! Then we'd get Furday in! :p

haha! :p

Chickenman

I'm speaking of the one of the seven wonders of the world

No. You're not.

Mara

Then what am I speaking about?

Chickenman

The Coliseum isn't one of the Wonders of the World. Unless you go by the new improved modern version.

Which sucks.

Mara

*shrug*

I'm going by the list of the seven I learned in sixth grade, lol.

Chickenman

Then they lied to you. :p

Mara

Yes, I must find that at least 15-year-old video our teacher showed us and destroy it! :p

Andy

There are loads of versions of the 7 wonders.

The Colosseum in question was in the 7 wonders of the Medieval world, I think.

Edited by beeurd

Vergere

Aye. THe Colosseum was one of the seven wonders of the medieval world. However, if you simply refer to the 'seven wonders of the world' it's assumed you mean the Ancient world. Therefore, they were both correct. And wrong. At the same time.

^^

Chickenman

I think she was just wrong twice. :p

Mara

:roll:

Anyway.. I need to figure out how to structure this thing. Anyone got any other ideas?

Winters

We could do it in a "Rome" style...?

Mara

Elaboration...?

Chickenman

I don't know, but don't type "Rome Style" in Google image search. :p

I'm not sure if I'd participate, but I think the best idea would be to kind of find a middleground between Greek and Roman. I mean, you could have the gods and epics of Greece with the politics (backstabbing and corruption, the fun kind of politics) with Rome. The two civilizations were very similar in the first place. (In the very general sense)

Edited by Chickenman

Mara

Yeah... but I'd like to pick one, just for historicalness and the like.

Like, we could do politics in Rome, and use the Roman gods. Yeah, probably not as popular as Greek couterparts, but they were still there. Until the Caesar made himself god. :p

I was thinking maybe something with gladiators...

Or something epic, similar to Illiad/Odyssey where the gods might be major players...

Some forum (other kind) fun with senators and stuff...

Focusing on a caesar and his palace (not a pun) and attendants and stuff..

Chickenman

The Roman Gods suuuuuuuck.

Drake

Just from reading the ideas in here, I got one of my own. Disregard it if you wish but it seems that a historical RP would entail a lot of knowledge on the subject. I'm no expert on that era which is part of the reason why I'm still undecided on joining. Also, I would imagine that, if someone were to slip up with some bit of information, they would get yelled at by some of you more zealous Romans.

The idea I had came from a game I played a while back called Gladius by LucasArts. It wasn't a very special game in way of play...however the story and setting were incredibly in-depth. It was set in a land very similar to ancient Greece/Rome. There were 4 countries that you could travel to, fighting in various gladiator arenas to gain skills/powers and build your team and whatnot. The two major forces are Imperia and Nordagh based around Greco-Roman and Nordic culture/mythology respectively. The other two are based on Asian and Egyptian culture.

My idea was to do something like that instead (not exactly Gladius, of course but something similar). Move away from the strictly historical idea and make up a fantasy world based on the same culture/mythos. Perhaps have the characters be involved in a traveling gladiator school?

Just an idea. I don't care if you discard it. :p

Edited by Drake

Mara

The Roman Gods suuuuuuuck.

They're almost exactly the same as the Greek ones. Just with different names. :p

Just from reading the ideas in here, I got one of my own. Disregard it if you wish but it seems that a historical RP would entail a lot of knowledge on the subject. I'm no expert on that era which is part of the reason why I'm still undecided on joining. Also, I would imagine that, if someone were to slip up with some bit of information, they would get yelled at by some of you more zealous Romans.

The idea I had came from a game I played a while back called Gladius by LucasArts. It wasn't a very special game in way of play...however the story and setting were incredibly in-depth. It was set in a land very similar to ancient Greece/Rome. There were 4 countries that you could travel to, fighting in various gladiator arenas to gain skills/powers and build your team and whatnot. The two major forces are Imperia and Nordagh based around Greco-Roman and Nordic culture/mythology respectively. The other two are based on Asian and Egyptian culture.

My idea was to do something like that instead (not exactly Gladius, of course but something similar). Move away from the strictly historical idea and make up a fantasy world based on the same culture/mythos. Perhaps have the characters be involved in a traveling gladiator school?

Just an idea. I don't care if you discard it. :p

Well, I wasn't planning on being wholly and totally adhered to historical accuracy. Just due to the fact that I am rather more lax on my knowledge than I used to be.

Wasn't trying to scare people off. :p

I only mean it to be historical in the sense of the culture and the era the RPG will take place in. And depending on which plot it takes on, would determine on how much we would rely on historical characters. I.e. a Caesar-related one would deal more with history than, say, an adventurey/Odyssey one would.

Chickenman

You forget that Greece....has....SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.