Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Cantina at the End of the Universe

CorSec

I've been Admin'ing our Microsoft IIS websites at work a little bit. Obviously you don't need my recommendation not to use IIS as your web host. =P

Andy

Why would anyone use IIS? :???:

Tsl

My brother had an Apache server for a while... I think he ended up springing for paid hosting instead because it was such a pain in the ass and slow. That stupid JPL forum was hosted on it :p

Edited by Tsukikage

Andy

Apache is the best. Over 50% of websites in the world are hosted on Apache servers. If the server was slow it was probably his computer or internet connection. :p

Bad furday

*lounges in a booth, watching everyone*

Chickenman

That's a tad creepy, Furdaddy.

Ender

But no different from any other time.

Radioactive Isotope

*flops down in booth* long day.

Chickenman

*Hands her a BE*

Do tell.

Radioactive Isotope

i'm scheduled from 8-4:30 at the hospital for my clinic rotation and almost went the full time. i usually finish around 2:30 or 3 because there's not much to do after that. one of the techs wouldn't sign me off on a procedure because i wasn't "confident enough." even though i've mixed up that kit a dozen times already, the one time i need to sign it off, the blood sprays out of the vial. it is of course radioactive, so it was a bit of a mess to clean up. and she didn't even tell me she wanted me to do one more before she signed me off until she was getting ready to leave for the day. i was a bit peeved.

Tsl

lol, I don't think I'd check you off if you spattered radioactive blood all over either :p

Andy

Shoulda sprayed it in her face. :p

Radioactive Isotope

pfft! it was a few drops that i promptly cleaned up. most of the spray ended up on my glove. of course some of it dripped into a box of needles, so i had to toss 4 or 5 of them in the hot box. only time that's ever happened to me, and i've mixed several of those kits. maybe i didn't pull enough air out of the vial.

that part didn't bother me so much. it was the fact that she waited several hours and was walking out the door to leave for vacation to tell me she wasn't going to sign me off that annoyed me.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Mara

I've never seen the gas station by my house so packed. Price goes down 4 cents (to $3.99) and you would have thought it was $2 by the way people were crowding into that place. :p

Andy

lol, and then because everyone has panic-bought the price will go back up now due to the limited supply! :p

Radioactive Isotope

i filled up this morning and the pump didn't shut off automatically when the tank was full. so i had a gasoline waterfall coming from my car for about 5 seconds. the day just got worse from there. >.<

Princess

Wasted money!

Bad furday

This one time, at the gas station...

heh... it was when gas was a dollar or less. I remember the mother letting the girl put gas in their car. The girl apparently didn't know the pump

would shut off when it reached the fill mark, as she panicked and pulled out the gas nozzle. The pair of them were sprayed with gasoline.

It was like a dark comedy...:p :shifty:

CorSec

2:00am. 6 users logged in. Go to bed lurkers.

Drake

Lurkers? Half of us are posting on RPs. :p

Ana

Besides, it's 11pm for some of us. :p

Andy

i filled up this morning and the pump didn't shut off automatically when the tank was full. so i had a gasoline waterfall coming from my car for about 5 seconds. the day just got worse from there. >.<

lol, that's funny. :p

Radioactive Isotope

not really. :p

Bad furday

You....shrieked and ran around in a panic? :p

Andy

*images JM running around screaming "OMG it's overflowing", while more petrol pours out over the floor* :p