Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 1: Baptism By Fire

Radioactive Isotope

She sat down, carefully ensuring she would not sit on her tail and regarded the two officers.

"So, what is is I can do for you?"

Rogue

"Captain Tunon and I were hoping to get to know you a little better, Officer Atuarre."

A midnight blue lekku lopped itself over Nat's shoulder as he regarded the feline woman.

"It says in your file that you worked for several years as a Sniper for the Trianii Rangers. Is that correct?"

Radioactive Isotope

She couldn't help but grin.

"That is correct, sir." She gave the bag at her feet an affectionate pat. "Saved our tails many times, too."

Chickenman

"Yes, I've seen your records. They're very good. How about your piloting experience?"

Radioactive Isotope

She grimaced. "I've flown a few skyhoppers and other transport type vehicles, but nothing like an X-Wing. But I feel confident that a little time in the sims will take care of that."

Chickenman

"No experience in a snubfighter?" he frowned, confused. "You must be one hell of a sniper then."

Radioactive Isotope

"I never miss, sir."

Rogue

"Never?" Nat asked. Sniper's seldom missed, but never?

"She is going to have to undergo extra training to bring her up to speed with the rest of the unit, as far a piloting skills goes." He remarked to Aeric.

Edited by Rogue

Radioactive Isotope

She turned to Nat. "I'm a quick study, sir. And with due respect, my eyesight is better than most beings. It tends to come in handy sometimes."

Edited by Pirate King

Chickenman

"I can imagine it. Then again, you can already shoot the enemy, now you just need to be able to maneuver. Get some time in the sims, and I'm sure you'll be fine."

Radioactive Isotope

Atuarre nodded. "I plan on heading down there as soon as I can. Anything else you would like to know?"

Rogue

Nat looked to Captain Tunon to see if he had any further questions. "No, I think that's all for now. Thank you for coming down. Please send Flight Officer Nasrin in next."

Radioactive Isotope

"Will do." She stood and shook their hands in turn before heading out the door to look for Nasrin. Once that task was accomplished, she'd head down to the simulators and get a head start on that "extra training" she needed.

Chickenman

Aeric turned to Nat. "What do you think?"

Mara

After hearing that they would indeed be interviewed, albeit informally, Kaden was a little surprised at first, but he felt it made sense. After all, if he was an officer, he'd want to know who he was dealing with as well.

When the young kid headed into to be interviewed, Kaden followed the rest of the recruits into the sim room. Artie followed him in and jacked into the nearest sim, not wasting any time. Kaden cracked his knuckles before gripping the control stick and then firing up the machine. This was good, he thought. He knew how to fly X-wings, but it couldn't help to practice after being in those sluggish Y-wings for so long.

The program started up, and he took his fighter off in a starboard roll, looking for targets.

Rogue

"She seemed very self assured and confident." Nat remarked. "And determined. I'm certain she will be in the Flight Simulators as much as possible."

The door opened a moment later to reveal a Zeltron woman. Her flightsuit indicated that she had just come from the simulators, although the front zipper was down a little lower than was the standard. She stopped inside the door and saluted. "Layla Nasrin, sirs. You wanted to see me?"

Chickenman

Aeric saluted back and asked her to sit down. "How were the sims? What scenario are you guys working on?"

Rogue

"The sims were...very refreshing Captain. It's been about two-months since I've had the pleasure of being in a cockpit--even if it's a simulated one."

She smiled, dropping her salute and holding her hands behind her back.

"We were undergoing the Battle of Dubrillion."

Chickenman

"How were you doing?"

Rogue

"Not so bad." Layla admitted with a helpless shrug. "I took down a couple eyeballs sir, but I had an interceptor on my tail when the Trianii girl---sorry, I didn't catch her name, came to get me."

She bit down on her lip. "It was a little strange flying without my old wingmate though, I must admit."

Chickenman

Aeric nodded. "Well, you'll be getting a new one soon. I'm interested though. Who looks like the best pilot out of you all?"

Rogue

Layla tilted her head to the side thoughtfully. "I'm not sure. I mean...the kill counts were still going up when I left the sim. That Twi'lek officer seemed to have some flight experience though, as well as Flight Officer Staal, the brunette human woman and the other, dark haired male."

"Sorry, I haven't had time to catch everyone's names yet." She smiled appologetically, raising her shoulders in an extended shrug.

Edited by Rogue

Chickenman

"No problem. Anyway, I hate to interrupt this pleasant small talk, but I really need to address your...legal situation."

Rogue

Layla frowned, an unbecoming look on her. "Yes, I had a feeling that was what this was about, sir."

Stiffening in her chair, she ran a nervous hand through her dark red hair as she tried to compose herself. "If I may ask, are we talking about the charges brought up against me by Lieutennant Ruvan, or my permanent record, Captain Tunon?"

Chickenman

"Which one do you want to start with? We're covering both."