Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Durron

Monthly Debate #2

Pandora

I couldn't help but to notice, Pod, that you didn't answer any of the things I said, your only defence being essentially, "Shut up, you shouldn't say that."

Our leaders have to be questioned, especially when the health, education, economic livelihoods, and lives of millions are at stake.

Oh, and about Ender, check out what he got in the "What is your political persuasion" quiz.

Tell you what, when it isn't three am, I'll go back and nitpick through everthing for you, if that will make you happy.

I never said our leaders shouldn't be questioned, I said trust that our system is basically good and respect our leaders. Even in when Clinton was in office, my dad (who is more libertarian than I) was very clear on several basic principles, one of them being that you don't have to like the president, and you don't have to agree with him, but you do have to respect him. And when your side loses, don't cry that the winner cheated, just concede the defeat, shake hands like grown ups and friggin campaign harder the next time.

If you want to know the real reason I think Bush is too liberal... he doesn't try hard enough. He doesn't just do whatever it takes. He's too worried about how history will remember him. He won his reelection, he's got a year left in office, and then he's financially set for the rest of his life, and so are all his children. Stop trying to please EVERYONE and just get the job done already, whatever that may entail. If our economy really is as terrible as the left seems to think, then there's no hope of fixing it anyway and we should just concentrate on protecting America, which is by NOT letting the war follow our troops home. If he could do that, he'd either be remembered as the one that got impeached, or the one that risked it all for his love of country. (NOT oil, and if you so much as mention that so help me God I will friggin lose it. I am not paying over $3 for kriffing regular unleaded because Bush took over oil fields in Iraq, although at this point it seems like a really good idea, and I might change my mind about him if he seriously did!)

I'm not a warmonger, but there are somethings that just make good historical sense. Like keeping your military well-funded and ACTIVE. Hitler had some really good ideas, though that does not excuse him from his many many horrific deeds. One of those ideas was that beefing up the military would take Germany out of the Depression, which it did. Germany was the only major power that excaped it early. The other was not to mess with America because he knew the retaliation would be catestrophic for him and the Axis. Thank God Japan didn't listen or we'd all be speaking in German and not about how we should question our leaders. That would have gotten us killed.

Tell me you would rather be quietly taken over by a foreign genocidal organization hellbent on destroying all this freedom and democracy you can't deny loving. A man is best judged by what he would sacrafice the most for. Tell me, what would you sacrafice the most for? Be honest.

Chickenman

We don't whine about how the other side cheated either...except when there's a sithload of evidence that they cheated both times. And then we don't do anything about it. We kinda suck in that regard.

"Fighting the terrorists there so we don't have to fight them here" is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard in regards to this war. (And that's saying a lot!) First of all, in Iraq we're fighting insurgents, who hate America because we're in Iraq. I'm not for leaving Iraq, but if we did, the insurgents would not follow us. The insurgents care about Iraq, not taking down America. That would be the terrorists. Though they use the same methods, the terrorists are the ones who hate America. And being in Iraq is not stopping them from making terrorist attacks. That's not how terrorism works. Terrorists don't get pinned down in an area because they're not a uniform army. They have cells across the world. Just because we're fighting some in Iraq, doesn't mean there are none in America. "Fighting them here so we don't have to here." Is ewoking stupid

We're paying $3.00 for gas because the oil CEOs are greedy nerfherders. The fact that Bush hangs around with them so much is not helping him, however. To say Iraq is entirely because of oil is leaving out such things as:

1. Bush hangs around with lunatics who believe that provoking a war in the Middle East will bring about the Battle of Armageddon, and thus, the second coming of Christ.

2. Some other, minor stuff. (Trying to kill Bush's daddy, etc.)

3. See "1."

And I'm in support of a strong military, even in peacetime. But how is sending our men to an unjustified and illegal war, keeping them strong? How is pulling them out of Afghanistan, where they were actually fighting terrorists, where they were actually doing some good and throwing them to get killed somewhere where they have no business, keeping them strong?

HOW?

Princess

So, um, can anyone name one piece of legislation that's done any good that Bush has signed into law?

TheUnknown

*Jeopardy music plays.*

Radioactive Isotope

is it his fault they took our junk food away at school, or was that more local governments?

Andy

At the end of the day, Bush is just a politician... and we all know what they're like. :roll: lol

Drake

But there are MUCH better politicians than him out there.

Ender

No, not really. They're all dirty, lying scumbags who don't care about their constituents, only themselves.

Radioactive Isotope

i'm with Ender.

no need to discriminate; hate all politicians. :D

TheUnknown

No, Drake is right. Bush is different.

Chickenman

I don't see it so much as Bush being different. Just more dirty, lying, scumbaggy. And more controlled by loonies. :nerves:

Princess

No no no. Remember, he's on a Divine Mission from God to bring peace to the Middle East singlehandedly.

And seriously, whatever happened to finding Osama? He's a decripit old man with kidney failure for the love of God and has to be dialyzed 3 times a week!

Chickenman

"I really don't think about him" ~Bush on Osama.

Brumak

I like being anarchist....even if it is massively flawed and it would be extremely short-lived....I don't have to worry about getting into debates like this. Less stressful.

But I will say I'll vote for Gore.

Princess

I like how that months later, no one has answered my question about what ONE good thing that Bush has done while in office.

Drake

That's because he hasn't done anything good.

Mara

Or it's just a matter of opinion.

Ana

Well, that's what this is for, isn't it? I'd also like to know what anyone thinks he's done well in his time in office.

Mara

And I'd rather not get involved in a debate.

I don't have the time or the patience.

Toodles.

Drake

She's got nothin'. Anyone else?

Ana

Toodles.

So... don't get involved then. Don't post in here saying that "it's a matter of opinion", implying that in your opinion he's done good, and then refuse to support your own claim. This thread is for debate. It's in the title. It's not for saying "I like Bush but I'm not going to say why."

Andy
What are you doing in the debate thread then? :p

Brumak

From random talks and such with people out and about...it seems that the one thing well he has done since being in office is piss off a hefty handful of people.

Looks to me like he's best at screwing sith up and pressing everyone's buttons.

Mara

Toodles.

So... don't get involved then. Don't post in here saying that "it's a matter of opinion", implying that in your opinion he's done good, and then refuse to support your own claim. This thread is for debate. It's in the title. It's not for saying "I like Bush but I'm not going to say why."

When did I say I liked him?

Drake

If you don't like him, why even waste the time posting to say you don't want to get involved in a debate in which you would be arguing with the majority of people here? It doesn't make any sense.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.