Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
MsSolo

Warning System

chozen

I'm leaving that decision up to Beeurd. It's his call.

Chozen: I don't care if Moo does have a meaning. If I went around posting CBC all day, I'd expect to get warned/banned for it

Sorry, we didn't realise you couldn't read the normal size text.

Negative. It wasn't the only thing i was posting.

I can. Bushy, GI, and Mirax can't.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Pandora

I think that at this point consequences should be dealt out on the grounds of failure to cooperate with the staff.

But that's just my non-mod opinion.

Guest GI_Admiral

Too lazy to really log in But:

1) TSL, yours really wasnt a warning...and even if you meant for it to be serious...just the way you said/typed it made it really weak. You can go ahead and think I'm lying but I would never see that as a warning any day...You should be serious if you want to be taken seriously

2) Choz has a point that Mirax was a mod..

3) I like Choz's idea about warnings...except maybe a bit smaller...that warning would take a lot of space...

4) Beeurd, Chozen cant :p

5) CHOZEN, just say somethign then put moo at the end and they'll stop. As long as you dont put 'moo' by itself they have no case against you cause then it would be the same as 'lol' or the late Dark|ighters *sip*

6)

As for the overkill part, I don't think so since I counted multiple distinct warnings to stop, but that's just me

But we've gone over this...I only looked at your "3 warnings" as one since the other 2 I didnt consider as warnings.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Drake

The correct meaning of 'CBC' is Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. :p

Radioactive Isotope

The correct meaning of 'CBC' is Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. :p

har har :roll:

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Bushy

I think that at this point consequences should be dealt out on the grounds of failure to cooperate with the staff.

Hmm, in that case, I don't see why I was banned at all. I stopped before Princess posted her "Down Children!" bit. I said I was done with the arguement, and actually went somewhere else on the internet for a while. I come back a half hour later and find out I'm banned. Not that it matters a whole lot, since I can post again in about 4 hours... Just figured I'd say that I think my ban was unjustified.

I didn't even post anything after Princess's warning...

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Radioactive Isotope

so, what's to become of the Notable Quotables thread? leave it locked, start a new one, or just let it die?

Princess

I'm planning on reopening it, it's a good thread. In fact, I did reopen it again last night right before I went to bed but when I woke up this morning I found that people weren't listening to my whole "This issue is closed" spiel so I locked it again. It will be reopened though

Radioactive Isotope

that's good to hear.

Mirax

GI: Nobody believes you didn't know you were being warned.? I've learned now, however, that friendly warnings are a waste of time and I'll have to be all mean and serious right off.? Fun times.? I'm not going to argue on it anymore, as my part in this has already been explained.

See where friendly warnings end up. ;)

2) Choz has a point that Mirax was a mod..

Was? Did I miss something?

I can. Bushy, GI, and Mirax can't.

I'd say that Bushy can see warnings really well. Although he does over-react to them just a bit.

GI, I don't agree with his banning at all. He was not contributing. Might as well ban Drake for his comments correcting Bushy as well. But what the hell. A threesome can be better than two.

And as for me. I didn't see the warnings or that the thread was locked, because I was busy typing responses and doing silly quote coding. But oh well. I agree with my ban. I was completely uncalled for to ask a fellow poster to try to be a bit more thoughtful in his posting.

Mir, you'll be unbanned on July 8th

I think I should be banned much longer. What I posted was completely inappropriate and an abuse of power since it was after warnings and lockings.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Mirax

I think that if what I said bothered Chozen, then he should be the one to tell me, not someone else. 

I agree. And no it didn't offend me in the slightest. What offends me is the deleting my posts for no reason and without a proper reason... And every time I?ve asked for a reason I haven?t got a response, just more about how I?m going to be banned.

I didn't think it would. I was not using any mod powers or giving any "reprimands" or warnings on your behalf or on anyone's behalf. I had to read that comment. And found it "a bit inappropriate." But I guess you missed that part out.

Ender

Now, THAT'S where I'm confused. I know I'm just a bystander, but how is a line from a children's storybook offensive or inappropriate? Last I checked, we were all over 7 years old, and wouldnt have a chance of being offended by something like that.

Mirax

Indeed. However, that particular line from a children's story book is about the killing of an Englishman. I found it to be along the same lines as when we had a poster post a sniper shooting an American. At which point I made my original comment. Not an official reprimand. Not a warning. Just a friendly that's "a bit inappropriate."

Edited by Mirax

GI_Admiral

Most children limricks are about bad things. Like Ring around teh Rosey.

Mirax: You still are a mod I Think, that was my fault, screwed up the tense.

I dont think that the bannings were necessary so I dont think that you "deserve" a longer banning period. Also if you had one, in the "process of being equal" we should all get a longer banning period

Also, Menage a trois(sp...im not french!) anyone? ;) :p

Bushy

I really don't want to do this, but I am compelled to point this out real quick...

I found it to be along the same lines as when we had a poster post a sniper shooting an American.

How dare you compare a real life tragedy to a FICTICIOUS FAIRY TALE? I am outraged that you should do that. That is why all of this is so wrong, you are taking offense because of a reference to an "Englishman" from a fairy tale, and you compare it to an American being sniped in real life. Mmm, that's just a little extreme don't you think? And you don't even live in the UK...

Your logic... ^

Go ahead, I know you're going to do your silly setence-by-sentence quoting now, go ahead, I don't care. I'm just very upset that you should stoop so low as to compare a fairy tale to a real life incident.

Now, the real reason why I came in here to post. Yeah, I'm unbanned now, so I had a chance to visit the "Notable Quotables" thread. Like I said before, I had stopped before Princess even gave her first warning. I didn't even know that Mirax had gone and posted even after it was locked. So what I still don't get is why I was banned and along with her, if I had stopped arguing, and she kept going...

Bushy

Another thing I just noticed...

Differing opinions on small matters.

Perhaps, but I'm sure that many other ladies will agree with me...

What is that? I suppose she thinks she's being cute or something, but I sure as hell don't appreciate that. I don't recal attacking her in a personal way... Yet her final post is littered with personal attacks.

Well, the only thing that you have made clear is that nature has both physically and mentally denied you of suitable instruments. Beyond that, I don't know much about you I agree.

Yes, very cute.

Ironic, isn't it, that she gets so worked up over something that doesn't even remotely apply to her, then she turns around and directly offends me.

Anyone have any (serious, not sarcastic) answers for me here?

Tsl

If you'll read back, you'll find that she admitted (in this thread) that she was wrong to post those things. I realize you just got a chance to read that last bit, but the issue needs to be dropped now.

Bushy

Admitting wrongness doesn't settle anything with me at all... She can't just brush aside the fact that she insulted me multiple times, when she was so adamantly against a post that she deemed insulting (which was completely rediculous to begin with).

That is why I am still upset.

Edited by Bushy

chozen

Quit moaning and get over it. Let it die. I'm sure they'll be many more arguments between you, GI and Mirax.

GI_Admiral

Alright Bushy, calm down...

1st) Geez Bushy "Dont get upset over little things" Americans are being sniped almost every day in Iraq...Besides Fairy Tales are stories and are comparable with any other news/story. So anyone can dare to do it because it's possible. "Hey you see that guy fall...it was just like Jack and Jill" OMG How Dare I relate that to Jack and Jill!?

2nd) Mirax admitted she was wrong, In war you don't go shooting your prisoners ((Well some countries do...but you usually hide the fact AKA dont continue to attack them in a thread that the admins watch 24/7)) so why not let it drop? if you want to take it up again, pm me and we'll take this to the discussion thread.

3rd) I got too lazy to do sentence by sentence.

4th)

Differing opinions on small matters.

Perhaps, but I'm sure that many other ladies will agree with me...

That's not a personal insult that is her stating that she thinks her friends on GBs ((Those damn Yaya sisters ;))) would agree with the side she chose to argue for. In a matter of fact, you're overexaggerating all of these "Personal attacks" Take it from the guy who probaby gets the most insulted here ((me btw :roll: )) her insults were:

Personally, I think it's the other way around: it's fitting that you're a joke.

Story of your life, eh?

Padded walls?

Well, the only thing that you have made clear is that nature has both physically and mentally denied you of suitable instruments

I mean c'mon if you feel insulted with those...you're in for a tough time...padded walls says your a psycho congrats people here love psychos.

Remember, don't shoot the surrendered opponent. If you want to keep going PM me :p

Bushy

1st) Geez Bushy "Dont get upset over little things"

Hmm, tell that to Mirax. Isn't that what startet this whole thing?

That's not a personal insult that is her stating that she thinks her friends on GBs ((Those damn Yaya sisters )) would agree with the side she chose to argue for. In a matter of fact, you're overexaggerating all of these "Personal attacks" Take it from the guy who probaby gets the most insulted here ((me btw  )) her insults were:

Personally, I think it's the other way around: it's fitting that you're a joke.

Story of your life, eh?

Padded walls?

Well, the only thing that you have made clear is that nature has both physically and mentally denied you of suitable instruments

I mean c'mon if you feel insulted with those...you're in for a tough time...padded walls says your a psycho congrats people here love psychos.

Do you realize what you're saying? That's exactly what I said to Mirax regarding my "fe fi fo fum" line.

You see my point now?

Lil favoritism here maybe?

Mirax

:lol:

If you would like to discuss this further, you know the avenue that was requested by staff. Now before we all get a nice vacation from the boards once again for not listening to TSL regarding her request to drop the matter, lets drop it.

Radioactive Isotope

yes yes, to Mirax you listen, hmm? ;)

GI_Admiral

This is kinda random, but what do the warning %'s do again? Im at 10% and i can do everything i could at 0%

chozen

It does nothing.. Just shows you your level of "warn".

Edited by chozen

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.