Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
MsSolo

Warning System

Ender

*cackles*

Princess

Ok guys, if you don't have feedback, zip it

Bushy

Mmm... Would someone mind explaining what the "Warn" thing under my name means? And why is it even there if it's at 0%. :???:

Princess

It's a function of the boards. We've gone back and forth between turning it on and off. Because of the warn function, mods have a little more power than just editing and deleting posts, it makes them be able to set people to having to have all of their posts approved before they become public and they can also temporarily suspend accounts that way instead of having to deal with idiocy until an admin shows up to ban someone. The warn level doesn't really do anything, it's something that can be used by the mods and admins to remind you not to do things like spam the boards but the warning system has to be enabled in order for mods to be able to suspend accounts as far as I know. Only you and the staff can see your warning bar. So, while I can see everyones, you only see yours. Someone more familiar with IFB may be able to tell you more

GI_Admiral

I was warned once...forgot what about but Prin did it...

Drake

Flaming.

GI_Admiral

Oh...probably...

BTW am I banned? I got the board were i can only see this, C3 and uh...i htink JPL forums. If I was uh...I'd like to know for what so I can "plead" my case :p

Princess

Yes you are banned. You're set to be unbanned tomorrow just like everyone else from last night's "Notable Quotables" fun. I'll let the mod that decided that you needed a banning reply to your post though, I'm just giving you your answer.

chozen

I think that if what I said bothered Chozen, then he should be the one to tell me, not someone else.

I agree. And no it didn't offend me in the slightest. What offends me is the deleting my posts for no reason and without a proper reason... And every time I?ve asked for a reason I haven?t got a response, just more about how I?m going to be banned.

So what?s wrong with the word ?moo??

Edited by Sassy Fairy

GI_Admiral

Damn GB and their going down right as i was about to post...

lol, Well I must say, the banning is a bit better than last time, I dont think I could even go in a thread last time without the message...Im confused as to why the C3 forum though :???:

Uh...let's see...pleading case...hmm....I had uh....no official part in it...they ignored me so it wasn't fuel to a fire....Just some good old GB fun? lol Methinks me need a lawyer :p

But Seriously: You guys need to lighten up just a bit. You guys are getting pissed over a debate and chozen going around saying moo. I think that some ((No names as person(s) control when I can get unbanned)) are letting their mod/admin status/power get to their head(s) and are abusing their power. This is GB, not some governmental forum where you might get 1000000000 dollars for acting official and stuff. Sure we're serious sometimes...but almost none of our threads have stayed on topic 100% of the time, what makes you think that a big thread like Notable Quotables would. The debate was funny and both sides ((actually all 3 cause I was like Nader...the ignored side)) were laughing and enjoying themselves, even though they were laughing at each other. No flames were sent no insults to countries or leaders. Nothing that represented banning material.

In addition: Notable Quotable fun was ~6 posts long not inclding warnings. What about Chozen...he's been mooing for a week with almost all the mods/admins warning and deleting his posts. Chozen gets a week full of warnings...we get 1 serious warning that actually had "This is a warning" and then we get banned. I think that you should have an official way to deal with things if you're gonna start pulling out serious bans so people can't do what I'm doing now Crying out that "This is favoratism because so and so got this many warnings and still hasnt been banned but I got 0 warnings and got banned yadda yadda". ((THis should probably go in Suggestion thread...but im too lazy...))

Third...Sorry Mirax...but in this capitalistic society its every man for themselves :p. You started pulling out bans AFTER Mirax posted after you locked the thread. I was long gone then so I see no reason for me to be banned because I stopped before you started to pull action.

Note: is there anyway to add the thread to the person banned. Because I had to log in and out multiple times to write this and then go to Notables to see if i missed anything.

This all boils down to:

-Get a standard way to deal with things

-Watch out for admin/mod abuse

-Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

-Yay I hope I didnt make any spelling errors...

Princess

The problem with "moo" is that you've been spamming the boards with it, and you've been asked to stop. It's kind of like smiley only posts, when I come to GB, I don't want to see 40 out of 50 new posts being the word "moo." It's spam. And it's not the canned meat processed delicousness.

Tsl

GI-- You, Bushy and Mir were banned mostly for ignoring warnings from mods/admins. I was actually the one who thought you should be banned too because it was only fair to Bushy and Mir who had already been banned, seeing as you were just as much a part of it as they were. Nothing personal, no mod abuse...just trying to keep things fair.

GI_Admiral

lol Not saying it wasn't fair, I was as much part of it like you said...I'm just saying that it could be considered Mod abuse since you took such a drastic action for such a small thing. Its like sending a S.W.A.T team in to shoot down a jaywalker or something. A bit of an Overkill. But my main point was to make a standard procedure thing.

Princess

And now to tackle GI's massive post. First off, I'm glad that you find this method of banning more to your liking. Customer service is our first goal.

Now, to go on from there. I wasn't even originally involved in this whole mess, I was asked to look at it when it started getting out of control. And I know that keeping people on topic here is next to impossible, that wasn't the problem. And I count in the thread 7 posts before the first warning was given out by TSL

Alright folks. It's no biggie. Get over it or take it to IM or something. Sheesh, lol.

That there should have been enough to get the subject dropped, but of course, this being GB, everyone has to keep on going.

The very next post:

I refuse!

That there isn't very good for your case.

Drake's warning

Seriously now...this is an unrelated matter to the origin of this topic. Don't make me modkick you all in the throats...except for GI...he gets one just for being himself.

*modkicks GI in the throat*

Hmm, that's 2 warnings now to stop this bickering.

My warning

Down children! Before I lock the damn thread and ban the lot of you

That's 3.

K, y'all have been warned 3 times by 3 different people. I think I'm quite justified in saying further posts on this issue will be deleted to death. If you MUST continue with this complete and utter nonsense, take it to mMSN or AIM or something.

See where I'm going with this? Y'all were warned plenty of times. 3 warnings withing 20 minutes is a lot of warnings. Yet, you still felt the need to get the last word in. It was getting annoying. I was getting frustrated. All I wanted to do last night was relax because I spent 5 hours up in the hospital, not fun. Dealing with internet drama was not my preferred way to spend an evening. So, I locked the thread because frankly, I was sick of it all. Bushy and Mir were both banned because they were the main culprits, but it was pointed out in the staff forum that you were just as guilty and it was requested that you be given the same treatment. I was more than happy to oblige. It is fair to treat everyone involved the same.

And as much as it'd be nice to have a standard way to deal with things, we deal with each problem separately here and based on it's own issues. That's really the fair way to do something instead of having just blanket rules. We have the 10 Commandments of Posting that serve as the board rules and we have a very capable modstaff who have the job of enforcing the rules. It's all based on judgement of the moderator who is online at the time.

Does that answer your questions?

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Princess

And TSL sums it all up in a few sentences while I write a novel.

Princess

lol Not saying it wasn't fair, I was as much part of it like you said...I'm just saying that it could be considered Mod abuse since you took such a drastic action for such a small thing. Its like sending a S.W.A.T team in to shoot down a jaywalker or something. A bit of an Overkill. But my main point was to make a standard procedure thing.

Ok I adressed the standard procedures thingy in my novel of a post. As for the overkill part, I don't think so since I counted multiple distinct warnings to stop, but that's just me

Edited by Sassy Fairy

chozen

The problem with "moo" is that you've been spamming the boards with it, and you've been asked to stop. It's kind of like smiley only posts, when I come to GB, I don't want to see 40 out of 50 new posts being the word "moo." It's spam. And it's not the canned meat processed delicousness.

I beg to differ. Teh word moo has a meaning. You just have no idea what it means. It would be like posting simply no to a question, and that is not spam.

If you would like to know what moo means. then ask this guy; http://house-of-talent.net/forums/profile....iewprofile&u=12

Or this guy; http://house-of-talent.net/forums/profile....viewprofile&u=4

And I couldn't be bothered to post 5 moos a day. Only when they're needed.

And no Baron. I didn't get a week full of warning. i had a week full of missing posts. At first I though there was something wrong with my computer. Until beeurd told me this afternoon that he was deleting the posts.

I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me. :(

GI_Admiral

Well I actually said one official warning...

TSLs warning was:

Alright folks. It's no biggie. Get over it or take it to IM or something. Sheesh, lol.

That could be anyone saying get over it...My I refuse! comment was just fun but I guess I can see that it was bad...but I didnt take TSLs comment as an official Mod warning...

Drakes warning was:

Seriously now...this is an unrelated matter to the origin of this topic. Don't make me modkick you all in the throats...except for GI...he gets one just for being himself.

Alright...well...that's more of a threat on my life not a warning. This is sort of a warning...didn't count to me as a warning as I was probably preoccupied with the last part about being kicked in the throat ((It's actually not as fun as you might think...))

Prins warning was:

That was the warning...you saw the past after I said you wouldnt but you did. I deserved it but this was the only official warning where "Ban" "Lock" were said...not modkick which i have no idea in hell is ((Deleting posts?))

K, y'all have been warned 3 times by 3 different people. I think I'm quite justified in saying further posts on this issue will be deleted to death. If you MUST continue with this complete and utter nonsense, take it to mMSN or AIM or something.

I stopped after that actually...when I realized that you considered TSLs and Drakes posts as warnings...so it was miscommunications right there. Which also add to what i was saying...maybe an official warning should have in bright red Mod Warning! or something...so idiots like me can understand :p

Edited by Sassy Fairy

GI_Admiral

I also hate this thing cause i cant edit so i double post.

Prin: Why has chozen not been banned....if I recall...you beeurd probably all the mods have warned him...

Tsl

Chozen: I'm pretty sure you'll survive if you don't post "moo" alot.

GI: Nobody believes you didn't know you were being warned. I've learned now, however, that friendly warnings are a waste of time and I'll have to be all mean and serious right off. Fun times. I'm not going to argue on it anymore, as my part in this has already been explained.

Edited by Tsl

Princess

I'm leaving that decision up to Beeurd. It's his call.

Chozen: I don't care if Moo does have a meaning. If I went around posting CBC all day, I'd expect to get warned/banned for it

chozen

No. There was only one warning. And that was by Drake.

This;

...That's just patronizing. You won't get a response if you call anyone your child. You'll be ignored

This;

..Is not a warning. Are you going to MODsmack me or cuddle me.

This;

m'kay?

Now. This is how the situation should have been handled.

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, PREPARE FOR AN OFFICIAL WARNING-

THAT'S ENOUGH! SHUT THE HELL UP THE LOT OF YOU! THIS ARGUMENT ENDS NOW! YOU WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THIS AGAIN! IF YOU PERSIST YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR AN INDEFINENT TIME!

Size, Colour and use of Bold included.

Notice the short sentences and simple words designed not to confuse the patrons of GalacticBasic.

The posts that followed;

Should have been deleted on site, or edited to 'This post holds no relevant information. Please move along.'

Sorted.

Congratulations to Princess for locking the thread, in all other cases it should have ended the petty argument.

Although a mod was involved in the argument so how was anyone supposed to know they were doing wrong?

?

Edited by Sassy Fairy

chozen

I'm leaving that decision up to Beeurd. It's his call.

Chozen: I don't care if Moo does have a meaning. If I went around posting CBC all day, I'd expect to get warned/banned for it

Does CBC mean; Controlled Board err... Control? If so it might be appropriate. And since when did three letter words become spam?

Is the word 'And' spam?

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Princess

Does CBC mean; Controlled Board err... Control? If so it might be appropriate. And since when did three letter words become spam?

Is the word 'And' spam?

Complete Blood Count.

And it's not the fact that it's a three letter word that makes it spam, it's the fact that it's all that you're posting. It's annoying

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Andy

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, PREPARE FOR AN OFFICIAL WARNING-

THAT'S ENOUGH! SHUT THE HELL UP THE LOT OF YOU! THIS ARGUMENT ENDS NOW! YOU WILL NOT TALK ABOUT THIS AGAIN! IF YOU PERSIST YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR AN INDEFINENT TIME!

Sorry, we didn't realise you couldn't read the normal size text.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.