Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Doc Ani Jade

How did you get started?

How did you become a star wars person?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Link

apologies

Jake Durron

Jeez Link!

I remember when you first came here and you knew practically nothing about SW and now you are the top poster and a very avid fan!

Corran_Horn2

1994(yes, that much)

Dad brought home this comp game called :star-wars:X-wing, ever heard of it? well, i liked it a lot, and we played it ,but it was just like a normal pc game i played.

January 1995

An uncle came home from CA and he stayed in my house some time. One day ,I was bored, so I went to see what he was doing.Surprisingly, he was watching ANH, i asked, he explained, then i saw this scene with X-wings blowing up the DS, and that reminded me of the game, i got into it more and more.

The Wis

Ok, I feel old...

I can't remember my first time seeing Star Wars. I was born the year before RotJ came out. Star Wars has just always been there. I had the movies memorized by the time I was 8...

Master MJade

*jaw drops*

we have an old one on our hands

Hayes Old

I'm going to date myself here. but oh well. I saw RotJ in the Theater when it was originally released.(1983 I think) My parents took me to see it. I remember watch on commercial TV the broadcasts of SW that happend once or twice a year. So you can say I've been a fan since I was about 8 or 9. My first SW book was a copy of RotJ, I got it in the 4th grade. Then SW kinda died down for a while and then in 1993 I found my first EU book and have been reading them as they come out ever since. :D

CorSec

Rented and watched the SW movies ((in reverse order for some reason)) when I was younger..didnt remember much. I was a casual fan for a while and watched the movies at my friends house. But at SE I really went all out and its bin up hill from there. Saw RotJ first for the SE..

Sticks

I'm writing a paper right now on SW and my life...I'll put it here as soon as I get done revising it and stuff.

Wyld_Knight

Gahhhhh. I should stop looking up all the nostalgic threads, i'm just going to get homesick...

I remember when i first saw starwars, It was the network tv premiere of A new Hope on the BBC when I was maybe about 4/5. It was on christmas day, and all the kids got papped into the den to watch this movie whilst the parents had a grown up conversation in the lounge. My most vivid memory was of the two droids. I subsequently saw the other two on video from the video shop. Does anyone remember the old space lego you used to get? Me and my brothers used to build space stations for the millenium falcon and hoth medical transport, which my mother cruelly gave to my aunt for a charity car boot sale at some point in the early 90s :evil:

Then one day in the library in 1993 (the summer between primary and high school) i found Zahn's trilogy and i remember thinking, ah! Starwars! That was a cool movie. So i borrowed that and got hooked. Then it was the Academy trilogy and COPL etc. I literally bought them as they came out. You should see my bookcase, an entire shelf dedicated to the GFFA! Then they rereleased the original trilogy on VHS for the last time in their original form in 1995, i bought them all and wore them out practically! And i remember begging my local safeway if i could have the cut out 3PO they used to promote it! It's still up the loft somewhere...

After the special editions came out, there was a lull in the book front, and I forgot about the SW novels. The prequels followed, and renewed my interest in the SW universe. Imagine my surprise when I go to my local Borders and see this new series the NJO (it was on the Dark Tide Duology by the time i realised it existed), and lo and behold, I was off again...

And i'm STILL bloody waiting on Remnant!!!! Stupid stupid Amazon...

Admiral Daala

I remember when I was younger my older brother was watching ROTJ, I was really young and I remember seeing Yoda and I got hooked. After I saw Yoda. I was about 1/2, Really young

TheUnknown

I first saw it when the twentieth anniversary edition came out. I kept seeing the commercials and got really interested in it. But, when I saw them, I hated them. But for some strange reason, I kept watching them and eventually became a fanatic.

Ayingel

[glow=green:231d6eea2b]my father really got me interested when the movies were rereleased sometime ago. tho a lot of interest came on my own and now i like it even more because i know a lot of starwars fans like me

chozen

What got me intrested in SW was the Special Editions

what got me intrested in EU was Jedi Academy

Mickey

when I was but a toddler, I got my brother's hand-me-down star wars toys, and my mom would watch empire and jedi when they were on STARZ with me. It wasn't until 7th grade that I really got hooked though *cough* obsessed *cough* that is. Move to a new city in Minnesota away from all my friends, that also happened to be the year I got glasses and for some reason I was a little pudgy looking in the face, needless to say Luke, Han and company became my only friends :cry: The OT SE came out that year though and I started building Star Wars ships out of LEGOs , and writing Fan Fic. That was a long year...

GreenEagle2005

i got started with the movies with SE, however they didn't interest me until i started reading EU, which happened about a year later with....the New Rebellion i think

GI_Admiral

Good book New Rebellion is

starwarsperson

I loved Star Wars when I first seen "Episode IV" (I was about 12). My father couldn't stand it because he's a "Star Trek" person. :D

Just the sabers, ships, costume designs, colors, story really amazed me. Loved it ever since. :)

Chickenman

I was 4-ish.

My dad bought ANH and ROTJ. I watched them both, but you know, didn't understand them. One of my earliest memories was of 3P0 walking into Jabba's palace. I didn't see ESB in it's entirety until I was 6ish, but by then I kinda sorta figured out what happened in it. I still have only seen it 2 or 3 times from beginning to end (I need those damn DVDs!) My cousins were fans of it too, and I collected all the micro machines and kenner action figures. I always sat on my dad's lap as he played dark forces, tie fighter, and jedi knight. My dad kept falling off of cliffs in JK, which I believe is why I'm afraid of heights today. With those kenner action figures in my hand, I dreamt up what were quite possibly the stupidest stories ever conceived by man. That was the beginning of my writing career. I kept trying to read the books, but I'd get halfway in, then begin another and forget it (I still kinda do that, lol) the first adult book I ever finished was Vector Prime, in 5th grade.

Yep...been a nerd my whole life. :p

Ayingel

I began to like star wars when I saw the specail edition...5 1/2 years ago...

I saw those...in theatres...so cool...and to think that it was only 8+ years ago...doesn't feel like that short of a time...but I guess I pushed previous years out of my head...so it makes sense

Guest _biohazard

My parents plunked me down in front of the TV at the age of 5, put on the entire Original Trilogy and I've been hooked ever since.

Andy

The only movie I haven't seen on the big screen now is A New Hope

Uncle Du

Sheesh, I think the first time I saw the originals was when I was too young to remember. I remember watching them all through my childhood. And of course, I saw all the SE's in the theater when they were re-released.

Drake

I saw all the SE's on the same day with my dad. We just stayed in the theatre and went from one showing to the next. It was awesome.

Queso

i did that too.

Uncle Du

Nothing beats sitting in a theater for nine hours watching SW. How sweet would that be if they re-released every single one of them for one big viewing? I would so be there.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.