Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What book are you reading right now?

Princess

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Jake Durron

My book I wrote for nano... SCARY EDITING PROCESS!!! AAAAAHHHHH

Ana

Wow, major kudos for completing NaNo! What's it about?

I'm reading "The Star Trek Reader: Twenty-one Novelized Episodes Based on the Exciting Television Series Created by Gene Roddenberry" by James Blish. GIANT DORK AM I.

Bad furday

The Making of Star Wars by J.W. Rinzler -

Reading it has made me realize that the movie we all know and love- the reason we're all together on this forum- might have ended up looking very different had there been more money, and more time for filming. Also, in a sort of paradox, I realised that if Fox had decided that "That Star Wars movie" was costing too much money to make and shelved the project, I would not be reading a book called The Making of Star Wars, and would not be looking up at my SW collectables shelf next to the bed I was reading in. :p :???:

Ana

If there was no Star Wars the entire bookshelf in my room would be empty, and I'd have no tattoo, and I have no idea what I would've done with myself for all of high school.

Bad furday

And I would never have spent 4 wonderfully geeky days in Orlando this summer.

And Jon Stewart would be right...we'd all be Star Trek fans right now. :p

Princess

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Pandora

If there was no Star Wars the entire bookshelf in my room would be empty, and I'd have no tattoo, and I have no idea what I would've done with myself for all of high school.

Same here, but I'd probably have the same tattoo... seeing as it's Captain Morgan's Tattoo rum I'm drinking...

Man, I probably wouldn't been a whore and a druggie in high school without Star Wars. There was TOTALLY nothing to do in that little cotton town I grew up in except read dorky stuff.

TheUnknown

Reading Congress: The Electoral Connection by David Mayhew and Epic Journey: The 2008 Elections and American Politics by James Caesar, Andrew Busch, and John Piney for class.

Mara

Tears of Pearl, Tasha Alexander.

Jake Durron

Wow, major kudos for completing NaNo! What's it about?

Well I actually wrote three *it was my first nano!* because I figured I'd get writer's block at 40k and be screwed so this way I could balance myself out and not get burnt out so bad news not a single one made 50k but together they made 111,111 words!

So I have two fanfictions and one original work... I'm proud of two of the stories, the third is a piece of garbage because my character couldn't do what I freaking asked of him!!! *EVIL SNARLS OF DOOM AT CHARACTER* asshole...

So summaries!

Synopsis: Angel's Hell/Phoenix Reborn book 1/I Want Candy

Angel's Hell (I suck at titles ok? This is something I'm actually kinda proud of, despite how weird it sounds)

When Harry Potter was growing up he couldn't understand why his cousin got the hugs and he got the paddle. But as the angry words of his Aunt and Uncle washed over him, he slowly began to draw into himself, into the voices that whispered in his head and the madness that begged to creep over and take hold. When he was eleven and introduced into the lost world of wizards he hoped desperately to find the love he saw others receive only to find empty adoration and sympathy but never a family. Until he met the Dark Lord, who offered him his wildest dreams and turned a hatred into an obsession.

So basically... Take Rowlings world, toss in a dash of abuse, a bit of schizophrenia, a drop or two of unhealthy obsession, and some unforeseen circumstances and voila!

Synopsis for Phoenix Reborn (Original Work)

When a young girl's parents die only a few short weeks after she was brought into their family, she is torn away from her newly found brothers and thrust into a world of torment and fear. Over a decade later, she is finally given the opportunity to grow beyond the pain of her past, to look forward to the future and to find herself. Through a dizzying series of events, great obstacles and greater triumphs, Cheyenne Bradley is finally given the opportunity to reach beyond her circumstances and find the phoenix within.

Yes Yes its a craptastic synopsis, it sounds worse than twilight I promise it reads better (IMHO) than the summary. It's basically following her life from the time she's four onward... but this is the first book so it ends at age 16.

Synopsis for I Want Candy (CURSE YOU SAM FOR F-ING MY STORY UP!!!!! Alas this is the one that will forever bring me shame)

Gabriel, archangel to heaven, beloved brother to many, self proclaimed trickster god, and confection connoisseur has a bone to pick with the Winchester brothers. They have denied him his fun, ruined his jokes, and spoiled his good time. Not to mention exposed his secret identity to the forces of Heaven and Hell alike. Aching for a fun joke and some good old fashioned revenge, he sets out to get the brothers back, in a way that leaves everyone horrified.

Can the brothers survive their dreams... and each other?

If you're a supernatural fan this will make sense otherwise... hehe sorry...

But this is a story basically mocking the wincest fans for spn... or it was supposed to be, until I got into a heated word war with an impossible word goal and Sam decided he WANTED to give into the dream and oy vey! I'm hoping to put it back to its former glory though...

Anyway there ya have it!

Mara

Son of a Witch, Gregory Maguire

Princess

Oh that's a bad one

Pandora

All my Jim Butcher books (mostly) are packed. It's academia only until we get moved, I'm afraid. :-(

Princess

Awwwww :(

I started reading Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher this morning

Pandora

I'm interested in trying the Codex Alera. Maybe someday I'll have free time again.

Princess

It's interesting. Lots of Butcheresque intrigue. Took me a while to get into Furies of Calderon but now I love em

Mara

Oh that's a bad one

*shrug* I'm enjoying it so far.

Plus, I learned there's a third book after this one. :p

Princess

There is.

A Lion Among Men. My mom said it was hard to read (to get into it) and it sets up for a 4th one

Ana

All Gregory Maguire's books, for me, have a great storyline, but his style does not draw me in at ALL. I adore the stories of Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, but actually reading them is like wading through mud.

Princess

Exactly.

Readign First Lord's Fury book 6 of the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher

Mara

Dog On It, Spencer Quinn.

Mara

Grave Secrets, Kathy Reichs

Princess

Only 1 S separates what I'm reading from what you're reading.

Grave Secret, Charlaine Harris

Jake Durron

I'm rereading The Losers tpb... research for a fanfiction series!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.