Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Discussion: A GB Meet

Andy

England :p

Link

I'm all for it, but I am NOT making the 12 hour Euro flight. SORRY! Did that the last three years and I hate flying!

Drake

Preferably, it would need to be within stumbling distance of someone's house so we can get our drink on.

I volunteer Niagara Falls and my apartment. The only problem is that it's smallish. Depending on when we do this meet, I might be out and in a house, who knows, lol.

Ayingel

we have a big apartment and a bunch of bars and liquor stores nearby...

Mara

Not me. I still live with my parents. :p

Ender

Lower East Side. In terms of quality bars and restaurants, I win.

Drake

A central location would also be preferred.

Ayingel

i say we all just go to disney world. :p

Radioactive Isotope

that works for me. :D

Mara

How about Universal instead? :p

Drake

It's all in the same neighbourhood anyway. You can go to Universal and be a loner. The rest of us will go to Disney World. :p

Ayingel

or mgm...and then we can do what i did on my trip alone down there...and ride the star wars ride ten times in a row.

Andy

If it's this year then I can't go.

I'm already goingto Florida for a week in June... can't afford two big trips. lol

Mara

It's all in the same neighbourhood anyway. You can go to Universal and be a loner. The rest of us will go to Disney World. :p

Universal is cooler, so I don't care. :p

If it's this year then I can't go.

I'm already goingto Florida for a week in June... can't afford two big trips. lol

Perfect! Maybe we could meet you there. :p

Edited by Mara

Ayingel

lol! that's what i was thinking!

Princess

Guys, this is probably a romantic week away for B and his b/f. He doesn't want us horndogs around making all sorts of comments.

Bad furday

Makes.....highly inappropriate comments :p ;)

Andy

Yeas, it will be a HIGHLY romantic 1 year anniversary holiday. :p

Mara

Is that the same one that was in Chicago?

Ayingel

prolly

Radioactive Isotope

i saw that in Chicago. the awesomeness cannot be described.

Mara

Ah, okay. I didn't get a chance to see it in Chicago.

I didn't realize it was a traveling exhibit.

Ana

Preferably, it would need to be within stumbling distance of someone's house so we can get our drink on.

A central location would also be preferred.

The problem I see is that the more central the location is, the more people will end up coming, the larger space we'd end up needing. If seven of us end up going, crashing on someone's couch isn't going to be an option; although in those numbers we could share hotel rooms and split the costs for pretty cheap.

So, as very convenient as it would be, in each individual case, to have the meetup in your own hometown, let's try and get down some criteria as to what we're looking for, so we can decide on a place as a group.

central-ish location

things to do

good food

ease of getting around (public transportation, or walking, or does someone have a car?)

cheap, if possible

We can bring/buy alcohol.

As fun as Disney World/Universal would be, it would also be way expensive. Park passes, park food, and park souvenirs will equal the cost of your plane ticket.

I think our best bet would be some big city, with a wide range of stuff to do, and plenty of tricks to go easier on your wallet if you know where to look for them.

A few cities I've heard mentioned so far:

Toronto: Not quite central, but close enough. Lots to do, and has the added coolness factor of being outside the US.

Minneapolis/St. Paul: Not one, but two cities! Albeit minus one bridge now. Not central, but going truly central would land us somewhere in central-eastern Ohio, and I'd really rather not. Lots to do.

Chicago: No one lives near there, but it seems to be accessible to both Michiganders and Kentuckians. Again, lots of stuff to do. Public transportation.

NYC: Not central, but really really cool. Good public transportation. If you run out of stuff to do in New York, you're freaking insane.

Also, what time would work best for everyone? I'm assuming summer is still okay for most, because the ones it really matters to are the students--the old farts can use vacation time any time. :p So, specific month-ranges anyone?

Ayingel

any time in the summer...just tell me and i'll ask for it off