Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Tsl

Harry Potter Theories and Such

Radioactive Isotope

i did hear through the grapevine that eventually she'll be writing a Harry Potter encyclopedia type thing. and i will of course have to buy such a thing. :D

Drake

:lol:

Funny! Yeah...her's was a fluke success.

Not really fair to those writers who actually have talent and work hard only to get creamed like that.

Edited by Drake

Tsl

i did hear through the grapevine that eventually she'll be writing a Harry Potter encyclopedia type thing. and i will of course have to buy such a thing. :D

Encyclopedia Potterica? :p

Radioactive Isotope

:lol: YAR!!

Radioactive Isotope

anyone else becoming increasingly disappointed in the movies? the first two were great! third one was alright, fourth one, not so much, fifth one made me cringe. i know the books are longer as the series goes on, but geez. they're cutting out all but the bare bones of the story and leaving out so much that made the series great.

Andy

It's been a while since I watched them, but I thought the 1st one was good, the second one was okay, 3rd one was great, the 4th one was alright, and the 5th one is my favourite so far. lol :p

Bad furday

At least they're sort of doing it right and making the final book a two part movie.

Winters

Yeah... Well, it's so massive...

But returning to the third... IT WAS THE BEST OF THE MOVIES! Although the Fifth was very good. Alfonso did a very good job and he hopes to get the last movie(s).

Andy

At least they're sort of doing it right and making the final book a two part movie.

They are? How annoying...

Drake

Never having read the books and not caring about it, my perspective is purely based on the movies. That said, the first movie was lame. Second was only slightly better. The third was great and they've gotten better from there.

The saving grace for the first two movies was Dumbledore. It's a shame that Richard Harris passed away after CoS. He made a much better Dumbledore than the guy they have now.

Winters

It's because it's so massive, they realized the commercial potential over making the movie actually true to the book for once!

Tsl

I kind of wish they'd have done two movies for book 4 and on, because they were all so long to be crammed into a couple hours. They're doing right by book 7, but it was the worst book by far :p

Winters

WORST!?... WORST?!...

*gasps for air...*

WORST!?

ARRRRGGG!!!

'Twas the best of them!

The movie will be just as good... because it'll have the best composer of the series (Good ol' Johnny), the best directory of the seires (Alfonso Currion, however you spell it), and I'm sure it'll have the best writters of the series... IT HAS TO BE THE BEST!

Tsl

i just felt like she kind of started rushing things at the end. it was going alright and then she started doing one of these.

*begin exaggerated example*

And so Harry ran down some steps.

Oh and by the way this main character died.

Then Harry fell over his shoe lace.

Meanwhile this, this, this, this, and this main character died.

Moving on...

It was like she didn't want to bother spending the time (or pages) to wrap things up for all the various main characters she'd created. She just sort of threw things in as an afterthought here and there and focused on Harry and even a few chars who were really never that main before. I dunno. I'm not saying it was a bad book. I just felt she put more effort into her other books. I'm wondering if she was pressured by her publishers to hurry the hell up and get book 7 on the shelves before she was quite ready.

Drake

I'm wondering if she was pressured by her publishers to hurry the hell up and get book 7 on the shelves before she was quite ready.

That's probably the exact reason. :p

CorSec

Re-read this thread today. TSL was correct with pretty much all her predictions. This leads me to believe she is actually Rowling in disguise, or a robot with complex logic algorithms.

Been feeling a surge of HP fandom for the past few days for unexplained reasons. New movie in the fall I guess?

Andy

Mmm movienesssss. :D

I'm quite looking forward to it... I haven't read the books yet so I'm pretty much unspoilt, yay!

Drake

Yeah, same here.

Radioactive Isotope

the books are better. :p

Andy

But they require more effort. Laziness for teh win!

Radioactive Isotope

not if you get the audiobooks :p

Andy

I'd fall asleep. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i've started the series again. my goal is to be at least through book 6 in time for the movie. also, the hubster has been on a Harry Potter movie binge the past few days and something has been bothering me.

in Chamber of Secrets, we learn that Salezar Slytherin wanted only pure-bloods to be allowed into Hogwarts and left the Basilisk as a means to get rid of Muggle-born students. we also learn that only his heir can control the Basilisk and that Tom Riddle (Voldemort) was Slytherin's heir. what bothers me is: Riddle wasn't a pure-blood. his dad was a Muggle, so how can he be heir to someone who hates Muggle-borns? best guess i have is that he inherited his Parcelmouth ability through the Slytherin line and that's what allowed him to control the Basilisk. thoughts?

Drake

Just like Hitler wanted a pure race of blonde-haired, blue-eyed, tall, fit Aryans and he was black-haired, grey-eyed, short and average man.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.