Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Master_sith

Star Wars episode III

What did you like about Episode III  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Master_sith

When i saw it, the movie was so awesome i just wanted to see it again.

Andy

Uhh.... All of the above! Yay! :D

Alexander

Music, Obi-Wan, Order 66 and Immolation.

The music especially for the last 10 minutes - why they didn't release the instrumental version of Qui-Gon's funeral on the soundtrack (and why they didn't include the children's choir version of it which played during Padme's funeral) I may never know.

Chickenman

Well, my favorite part was the storyline and everything. The special effects were awesome and everything, as was the music, but in the long run, those things just arn't nearly as important to a movie as storyline.

Alexander

Well in terms of the prequels...a lot of things are more important than the storyline. At least this must have been what GL was thinking when he wrote TPM and AOTC.

Chickenman

True. :p

VelvetGirl

All of those aspects where important. You couldnt have one without the other. I voted all of the above :D

Strike

I thought every single bit of it was terrible.

GI_Admiral

Music was pretty good

Strike

Yeah hearing the Imperial March reminded me it was suppose to be Star Wars not crap.

GI_Admiral

lol I thought it was probably the best of the PT

though some parts were weak

Andy

But then so are parts of the OT, too. I remember the first time I watched ANH, I thought it was so frickin boring. lol. I have since realised the truth that it is awesome though ;)

GI_Admiral

lol ANH = w00t

Strike

Yeah until about 2 years ago I hated watching ANH. Booooring. Now that i'm older I understand it a lot better and it's not so boring (Han's so funny)

RotS was over done IMO. Too much CGI

Radioactive Isotope

massive CG carnage = awesomeness :D

Star of the Jedi

It's great! I loved star wars III. Though I hate it how Anakin turned to the dark side and how he killed all the jedi...

Chickenman

I liked that part most of all. I like tragic charachters. They're the best.

And it's not like we didn't expect him to fall to the dark side. :p

Radioactive Isotope

ROTS and ROTJ are defininetly the most emotional of the films. the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel was the greatest evaa! and i have always loved the Luke/Vader duel because of the emotional aspect. :D

TheUnknown

Did anyone else feel like the ending montage from AotC should have been in RotS instead? It would have made a bit more sense to hear "The Imperial March" extended play with scences of the Clone/Imperial forces.

Darth Paladin

Yeah but in AotC it emphasises Palpetines ebilness for the muppets that havent caught on yet, my dad for example.

"Yeah so you see him, he's Darth Vader." God my family are dense.

Andy

The first time I saw TPM, my cousin ruined it in the first 10 minutes when Palpatine was talking to Padme & Co. "He's the Emperor in the other movies."

I'm like... "Well thanks a bloody lot!" :p

a_jedi_trait

I loved all of it btw can anyone get me any Star Wars Gifs? like clips from the film?

mynorthstar
Uhh.... All of the above! Yay! :D

darthraptor52

I thought that ROTS was as damn near perfect as you were going to get. We all knew what was going to happen, and it happened in the most believable and tagic way;

Anakin just wanted to help. He wanted to save Padme. This is why the prequels were really kinda great, and far smarter than people like to make out. In TPM it would?ve been so easy for Lucas to include a few scenes where Anakin gets really angry quite easily, perhaps steals something- vents pure frustration at the life he leads as a slave. But instead all he wants to do is help, and makes the most out of his limited life. And this is how Anakin turns, he just wants to save Padme, he goes practically insane trying to make everyone happy to the point where he's screwed up big time and there's no way he can go back.

The acting was OCCASIONALLY wooden, but pretty much I thought it was almost flawless, CG was fine- as it always has been in the prequels. I didn't hear anyone complaining about "Where are there so many damn models!?!" in the first trilogy. Star Wars has always been a special effects laden saga, so I wasn't expecting anything different when I first sat down to watch Episode I, or any of the others.

Soooo, there's my opinion. Sorry I turned it into a bit of a 'prequel supporters' thread, but I grew up with the original trilogy, so think that it's good if I can try to sing the praises (as I see them) of the prequels whenever I can, because I think they get a bit of a bad rap.

Andy

Hear, hear! :D

I think I'll stay on standby for the heart attacks caused by you posting ;)

Edited by beeurd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.