Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

never thought it would come to this...

Doc Ani Jade

Hey I'll miss you Pod...You were really kind and helpful getting me inducted...All the while I acted like an idiot

Good luck on calc, and rememeber starwars is't something that ust have much time to it...it stays with you..im still into it after 6 years...you were one of the best internet people I've ever met...

Sorry i took to page 5 i missed two days with my finals

Doc Ani Jade

One of?

Sorry, my finger slipped last post.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

We all must move on in life but no one who met you will ever forget you, and you can know you have started something great.

sarah

Jeez.. You people all work too hard. Your lives seem way too complicated. And you have loads of different Maths classes. That's weird. In England there's just Maths and Further Maths, and you cover everything in them.

At my school we are required(sp) to pass (advanced) Algebra and Geometry....that's all. However most kids continue on. I finished my math requirements last year (10th grade) and am now taking a math course called FST (functions, satistics, and trigonometry). It's basically adavanced Algerbra, the only reason I took it was to prepare me for the math section of the SAT's. After this year I won't be taking math until I'm in college. :) :)

I pity all my friends at my school who decided to take calc and are taking advance senior math next year.....*shakes head sadly* all that work.

^Hal^

We ahve to do all that stuff from a younger age, but then, If we do "Maths," we cover verything there is to do (except calculus and matrices and some other really complicated stuff). Trigonometry is part of compulsary Maths, which you have to study until you're 16. Functions and statistics are on it too.

When you say functions, what sorta stuff do you mean. Do you mean like the sigma function and gradient function etc.

Master MJade

(but if it works out right, I'll have half a semester when I start college!)

so will i :D

but the thing with advanced courses is that you have to make time for yourself and it will be a bit easier

Link

I want to knock some college courses out before I graduate

Doc Ani Jade

Yeah at my school if you take calc in 11th then you can take AP statistics (boring but ap credit) or college semester calculus.

Link

Sound like a barrel of fun and monkeys

sarah

When you say functions, what sorta stuff do you mean. Do you mean like the sigma function and gradient function etc.

Yep. Sigma, polynomials (which I utterly hate with a passion),series and sequences, interest formulas, etc.

Link

Oh my gosh this sounds scary! Calculus???

Master MJade

i take that in the 12th grade. :x

Link

It would be nice if my counselor would tell me what's going on but she never tells the students anything.

Master MJade

you hafta go and ask ding-dong

Link

ok twinkie

Doc Ani Jade

Hmmmm...do I really want to take AP statistics in my senior year...I think not...

Pandora

Now I feel stupid! The highest I plan to get is trig/pre-cal (yes, it's one whole course, and not AP grr!!!)

Doc Ani Jade

We have a number of realativley useless AP classes...statistics, music appreciation, and native american studies...won't help too much in college...

No offense meant to anyone, btw...

Link

I don't have the first clue as to what we have in that.

Doc Ani Jade

*rantin now*

And if we're totally insnae we can take college semester 1 f calc in senior year...

I think I'll pass...