Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Flag Burning Amendment

Radioactive Isotope

that's why i go up there. i got a free army hat. :D

Chickenman

But I actually intend to join one day, so I try to stay away from the stand, because something they say might seal the deal for me, or I might be stupid and sign something so that they now have me on record, or just...I dunno...I just probably shouldn't go up there.

This year, they brought a rockwall to school, so I raced two of my friends, and won a DVD. Twas fun.

Drake

You won a DVD from them? You DO realize that they're tracking you now. ;)

GI_Admiral

Yeah...if they even THINK you're looking at them, they'll hunt you down

Tsl

They used to set up right accross from my locker... I swore the government was stalking me...

Uncle Du

Just keep in mind that these recruiters are out to do one thing: make their quota. And don't ever let them tell you that they don't have quota's, because they do. If you really wanna hear the truth, the recruiter isn't going to give it to you. It's going to be sugar-coated and PC. If you ever hear a recruiter talk about how much he hates "this sith", consider yourself lucky, cause you might actually have met a truthful one. It's all about numbers. Just remember that.

And I'm still against flag burning. :p Except when they lay a flag to rest. So there.

Ayingel

you mean PG right?

Chickenman

PC...politically correct.

Edited by Chickenman

Ayingel

ah...i've got it!

Chickenman

*Smacks the stupid out of you*

That was fun.

*Does it again*

Ayingel

yay! I'll be smart now when Sentrosi and Victor and Leda visit me!

Radioactive Isotope

i hate the PC-ness of the world these days....

Chickenman

Indeed...racism, when taken in small doses, is quite possibly the funniest thing there is.

Radioactive Isotope

i'm all for respecting everyone, but when studies show that one race has lower test scores than another, how the flip do you sugar coat that? it's rediculous.

Xanthic

the problem with the whole thing is that its lost its own representation by congress stepping on it and the constitution.

If i feel the need to burn the flag in protest against the idiots we elect into office that is my right as an american. but in the same breath it is my duty to my fellow american to allow him to tell me im wrong.

That is freedom, that is what this nation is about... alas, no longer do we follow what the founders have wrought, if they were alive they would weep outwardly, and wail, what a miserable thing has been created, a bloated gov't bent on world domination under a banner of Freedom and peace. something the man surely knows nothing about because to truly know what freedom is, you have to lose it. Americans all over the world have lost those freedoms we hold so dear, in the name of others getting basic freedoms, bush promotes democracy while trying to control iraq, its absurd.

they all tarnish the good name that america had, its pathetic

Radioactive Isotope

welcome to the Last Days

GI_Admiral

Mmm...Manifest Destiny....

Radioactive Isotope

ok, that was back in the day. i forget who it was. Madison maybe?

GI_Admiral

Mmm...we are destined to control all of the land from the east coast to the west...because we'll bring civilization to the savage indians...

Mmm...sound familiar?

Edited by GI_Admiral

Tsl

welcome to the Last Days

It's been the Last Days for centuries now...:p

Radioactive Isotope

indeed. but now it's the Last Last days. :p

Uncle Du

If i feel the need to burn the flag in protest against the idiots we elect into office that is my right as an american. but in the same breath it is my duty to my fellow american to allow him to tell me im wrong.

Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You think you should have the right to burn an American flag to protest against the idiots we elect into office? When you say we, you include yourself. So what you're telling me, is that you would vote for someone you thought was an idiot. So if you burnt a flag in prtoest of this person, you are, in essence, burning that flag because you're an idiot for voting for them in the first place. You know, with this kind of stupid ass thinking around, it's no wonder the government wants to step in on everything, and make laws that they see fit.

Everyone wants to run around, blaming the government, and blaming everyone else, when it's the citizens of this country's own goddamned fault that sith is so ewoked up. The only thing burning an American flag symbolizes is hatred for America. There's no other reason to desecrate the symbol of our freedom. To say otherwise is to be hypocritical in the purest sense.

Radioactive Isotope

well said

GI_Admiral

Anything can symbol of freedom. A flag is a flag. And wait. No...not everyone voted for the same person. The electoral college votes for the President. You obviously choose to ignore the fact that it was almost 50-50 in 2004 and Bush didnt even have popular favor in 2000. Furthermore, the people in government are responsible for the people. They are supposed to represent the people that have voted them in. When things go wrong, we blame the government. We say we should blame ourselves, well we are. We're blaming the people who we have represent us.

Your thinking is "We blame the government, but we're the ones who screw things up!" What is the government supposed to do Du?

Uncle Du

I don't choose to ignore anything. I was trying to figure out why someone would vote an idiot into office, then want to burn a flag to protest that persons decisions. I didn't say, "GI is the one that voted for this idiot." I was quoting someone else. So if you want to run around burning flags because you think the President's an idiot, go right ahead. [sarcastic]It's just a flag.[/sarcastic] You know, if people still think this way, then America is even more far gone that anyone could hope. It's not just a ewokin flag. I would be really curious to know what your idea of a symbol of freedom is. McDonalds? That's a pretty American thing. Baseball? Yeehaw, a bunch of overpaid babies.

Do you have any idea how much time the Continental Congress spent on determining the design of the flag? Probably not. Have they been raising the Golden Arches over the battlements for the past 200 years? Er, not the last time I checked. So the next time you want to defend the burning of our flag, think of all the people who have died to raise that flag, and keep us free. I'm sure they would be real happy to see their fellow Americans treating the freedom they have with such disrespect.

And the government is going to continue to do what it's been doing. The one thing you need to remember is, while a person may be smart, people are dumb, panicky animals. I wouldn't trust most of the idiots around here to make decisions for this country. Everyone has there opinions about the way things should be run, and I'm sure it makes some people feel really good to think that their bad mouthing the government and the way it's run will actually have an affect. If you want to change the way things are, it takes a lot more than words against the people you dislike in the government. You need to get off your ass and go do something about it. But, Americans are also lazy, and the work that you would have to do to be in a postion to do something would be hard. Most people lack the drive to take something like that all the way, which is why sith won't change.

Edited by Du

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.