Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Explosions in London

Tsl

These people eat, breathe, and sleep hate from the time they're born. They are raised to hate and it is an honor for them to die killing civillians in sneak attacks. Some honor system they've got there...

GI_Admiral

lol a bunch of propaganda there.

"They only feel hatred"

They're the bad guys to us. We think they only hate.

We're the bad guys to them. They think we only hate.

It's just perspectives. Those terrorists have family, and Im sure most of them have a dead family member who've they've loved and mourned because of the Western world

Tsl

Argh...I should've known you'd say something stupid like that. What I meant was they are raised around fervant hate. Hate is learned, that's just the way it is for them. They are raised around folks who think this is a good way to handle their problems.

I'm not stupid or prejudiced enough to really believe that certain people are bred to hate based on race, give me a freakin' break and be glad I'm not near enough to kick your ass.

Drake

I was watching the news earlier with my dad and they were talking about how everyone is heightening security in and around subway stations. They're talking about putting armed cops on trains and soldiers with machine guns in the stations. My thought is this....WHY?? The terrorists aren't stupid. They're obviously not going to attack subways again. Their past attacks were different pretty much every time. Besides, increasing security and putting men with GUNS on the subway will only create more of what the attackers want...TERROR. Granted, people are paranoid and they want to feel safe but having soldiers in the subways isn't the right way to go about it, IMO.

Tsl

Can't hurt. Wouldn't worry so much about getting mugged either anymore, I guess :p

Drake

This is true, lol.

TheUnknown

I just hope this (along with the Madrid bombings) leads to better security in American subway systems. I've travelled once on the Atlanta subway system and it was remarkable how little security there was. I know Atlanta doesn't seem like the number one terrorist target, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is here as is the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the world's busiest airport. And I know there is a subway station right across from the state capitol.

Andy

Actually the general view of London today is one of "business as usual". Despite the obvious tube closures and transport disruptions, the majority of people seem to be going about their everyday lives.

Of course there is heightened security at rail stations this morning, Liverpool St station has been evacuated because a suspect package, which turned out to be a false alarm. You'd think after yesterday people would be more careful about keeping their belongings with them. :roll:

The police are saying they do not believe suicide bombers were used on the tube, but are keeping an open mind. The death toll will probably be between 50-60, as their are 38 confirmed and there are still bodies trapped in the wreckage of the tube trains, where forensics teams are clearing the areas deep beneath the city.

As to posting armed guards on the tube... ehh, I haven't heard that and I can't see it happening. There is a more visible police presence in the capital, and people are being extra vigilant, but I have yet to see any images of armed police officers.

Radioactive Isotope

a death toll of 50-60 relatively speaking is pretty low. i'm sure i'm not the only one who's glad of that.

Andy

lol, some reporter was commenting that nobody was talking to eachother on the tube this morning... Newsflash: NOBODY EVER TALKS TO EACHOTHER! :p

Chickenman

I just hope this (along with the Madrid bombings) leads to better security in American subway systems.  I've travelled once on the Atlanta subway system and it was remarkable how little security there was.  I know Atlanta doesn't seem like the number one terrorist target, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is here as is the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the world's busiest airport.  And I know there is a subway station right across from the state capitol.

Those were my thoughts too, after hearing about this attack. I was just thinking about the Boston subway system that I go on every once in awhile. There is no security whatsoever. You can get on the train without even paying a token, if you really want to. I think security should be increased in subways. I mean, lots of people really complain about the increased security at the airports, but you've got to admit...it'd have to be some twisted miracle if a terrorist got through. The bombings in Madrid didn't change anything, so unfortunatly, the terrorists decided to do the same thing over again. If we increase security in the subway, and on trains in general, the terrorists probably won't use them for attacks anymore.

Uncle Du

One thing about terrorism is, we will never be able to understand it. We Most of us can't be like they are. It's not even about being a ruthless murderer for all of these suicide bombers, it's the fact that when these guys join al Queda, yea, they know that they're joining a terrorist orginization, but they think it's gonna be all glitz and glamor. Then they get sent to some sith hole in Syria, or Pakistan or somewhere in the Middle East, and when the call comes for them to go somewhere and blow themselves up, they're ecstatic. Not only will their family get a load of cash, death to them is the only escape from the crappy ass world they live in. That seems to be the only way for them to escape. It's a narrowminded view and its one of a coward. It's an easy escape, rather than deal with problems, they'll just kill themselves and take a bunch of "infidels" with them. It takes no skill.

Make no mistake, these people are not brilliant tachticians, nor are they stupid. Will they attack the same place again? If it's not guarded, yes. The best way to defeat terrorism is presence. That's why my ass gets stuck carrying around an M-14 from time to time. If there was a couple F-18's cruising around the WTC on 9/11, I can almost guarantee that a couple of planes wouldn't have crashed into them.

As for our intelligence, we have so many agencies that don't like to talk to eachother and share information that it ends up getting innocent people killed.

Drake

One thing about terrorism is, we will never be able to understand it.  We Most of us can't be like they are.  It's not even about being a ruthless murderer for all of these suicide bombers, it's the fact that when these guys join al Queda, yea, they know that they're joining a terrorist orginization, but they think it's gonna be all glitz and glamor.  Then they get sent to some sith hole in Syria, or Pakistan or somewhere in the Middle East, and when the call comes for them to go somewhere and blow themselves up, they're ecstatic.  Not only will their family get a load of cash, death to them is the only escape from the crappy ass world they live in.  That seems to be the only way for them to escape.  It's a narrowminded view and its one of a coward.  It's an easy escape, rather than deal with problems, they'll just kill themselves and take a bunch of "infidels" with them.  It takes no skill.

Actually...they do it to acheive a higher standing in the afterlife for both themselves and their families. Hardly an act of cowardice. It's still wrong...but that's what their beliefs tell them is right..

Tsl

Yeah, if you think about it, strapping a bomb to yourself and blowing yourself up for your cause is pretty ballsy.

I dunno about you, but besides thinking it's the wrong thing to do, I'd be too chicken to do it!

Chickenman

Yeah, strapping a bomb to yourself takes courage. But they're taking out unarmed civillains. If you want to be courageous, go armed military or police guys, who can fight back, and are trained to fight back.

Edited by Chickenman

GI_Admiral

Argh...I should've known you'd say something stupid like that. What I meant was they are raised around fervant hate. Hate is learned, that's just the way it is for them. They are raised around folks who think this is a good way to handle their problems.

I'm not stupid or prejudiced enough to really believe that certain people are bred to hate based on race, give me a freakin' break and be glad I'm not near enough to kick your ass.

Haha yes, you should have, so why'd you say a stupid thing? i think a stupid comment deserves a stupid response. "They live and breathe and eat hate!" Hate is abstract :p So do you wanna go through their day to day life? Wake up take care of family oh wait...look what we found..."3 minutes of hate" yup...guess you're right TSL. In WW2, we hated the Nazi's. In the Cold War we hated the Commies. People who think violence solves problems are all over the world. Look at many of the shootings. Road Rage is another one. Look at yourself. "be glad I'm not near enough to kick your ass" what good would that do? Beat me to death or enough to make me fear posting a response to your post? Does this mean you eat hate? Must taste bad. Does this mean you breathe hate? must smell bad.

One thing about terrorism is, we will never be able to understand it.  We Most of us can't be like they are.  It's not even about being a ruthless murderer for all of these suicide bombers, it's the fact that when these guys join al Queda, yea, they know that they're joining a terrorist orginization, but they think it's gonna be all glitz and glamor.  Then they get sent to some sith hole in Syria, or Pakistan or somewhere in the Middle East, and when the call comes for them to go somewhere and blow themselves up, they're ecstatic.  Not only will their family get a load of cash, death to them is the only escape from the crappy ass world they live in.  That seems to be the only way for them to escape.  It's a narrowminded view and its one of a coward.  It's an easy escape, rather than deal with problems, they'll just kill themselves and take a bunch of "infidels" with them.  It takes no skill.

I agree that many of us don't know the condition that they live in. We can, however, understand terrorism itself. We choose not to and view it as a foreign thing. Unibomber? Columbine? Maybe not as organized, but terrorism nonetheless. It doesn't take skill, it takes guts and devotion to their cause.

Yeah, strapping a bomb to yourself takes courage. But they're taking out unarmed civillains. If you want to be courageous, go armed military or police guys, who can fight back, and are trained to fight back.

They aren't trying to make us think that they're courageous. It is also the only way to wage war on the US. It's why we should be spending less money on a conventional army and more on Counter intelligence/Counter terrorism. Unless the world powers ally up against us, no single country can take us out. It's either terrorism or MAD.

And TSL, I'm glad that you're not here to pester me :p

Tsl

No, GI, sweetie, dearie, hunny-bun. You simply twisted my words and played up the almighty super intelligent, all knowing teenager thing. I'm really sick of it, and sick of you.

You can twist my words all you want. I'll simply trust that the rest of GB isn't stupid enough to take the sith you try to feed them all the time. And yes, kicking your ass would totally help. Help get you to shut the ewok up.

GB was so much more pleasant when you were gone.

Edited by Tsl

Andy

Come on now, calm down. GI, stop winding Tsl up, and Tsl aren't you used to him by now? You both have your opinions, and last time I checked it was a free world we live in. :)

Tsl

I don't give a crap what his opinions are, I'm just tired of him twisting my words to suit himself and give him something to be self righteous about. He knew exactly what I meant, he's just a dumbass. I take enough sith from people in rl, I'm sure as hell not going to take it online from some moron.

Edited by Tsl

Andy

Alrighty... Getting back on topic a bit.

Bomb scare in Birmingham:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4668313.stm

"Brum" is England's second city, and is about 25 miles away from where I live.

Ayingel

wow...things are getting heated around here...it sounds weird coming from me but everyone needs to breathe and avoid eachother for a while...

and Beeurd, that's crazy...someone is either serious or trying to get publicity by taking advantage of people...

Tsl

*takes a deep breath*

Okay, I apologise for flying off the handle. I know Gi likes to wind people up for fun, he probably doesn't really think I'm a racist or whatever. I still think it's a weird and anti-social hobby he has...

I just have an extremely strong aversion to racism and so when it's insinuated that I myself am racist....well...

You might say I hate racism in all it's forms.

Andy

Well, the police in Birmingham carried out four controlled explosions on buses last night during the evacuation. They have confirmed that there was one false alarm at a hotel, but i don't know much else.

Andy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676577.stm

So they know who the bombers are from CCTV footage, and searching their belongings.

Also, they reckon that all 4 bombers were supposed to go on the Tube. The three Tube bombs that went off were headed east, west and south from Kings Cross station. The fourth bomber was probably supposed to head north, but a problem on that line had delayed service, so he ended up on the bus, and was apparently looking quite agitated when he was seen by someone who got off the bus shortly before the bomb went off.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.