Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

What are you taking?

TheUnknown

Forgot to mention that I'm also leading one or two discussion sections of an Intro to American Government class. Don't know what that entails (i.e., reviewing material or teaching new material).

TheUnknown

Showed this in my class:

Ayingel

Well I didn't vote for 'im.

Winters

Gen Chem I

Introduction to Latin America

Texas & American Politics (BS class honestly)

Greek IV (gonna rape me)

Senior Seminar on the Late Roman Empire (History class, not Classics. Being taught by a Medievalist, meaning that he's going to be pro-Barbarian...)

Princess

Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration

Pandora

A shot of tequila.

Princess

And I guess I'll find out tonight if I have class this week, teachers are on strike

Ayingel

Geeze

Pandora

Freaking unions.

Ayingel

I'm already not a fan of my classes -_-

Pandora

Apparently I'm also taking Daniel's intro to general psychology class. :roll: He does have his hands full with an accounting class, and in all fairness, this is a class that I not only spent the last two years teaching while still an undergrad, I also designed discussions and assignments for a version of this class. I am also smarter than his moron teacher. Hells yeah for the UofM psychology department.

Ana

I'll be taking:

Ancient Cities

Modern Britain

Christianity & the Law

Spanish I

...and Intermediate Bowling. Go me!

Ancient Cities is for my major, but it was literally the only course being offered this term that I haven't already taken. Britain and Christian Law are Upper Division fills, with some possible relevancy to life. Spanish is just a plughole fill, lol.

Iiiiiiiii just want to be DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Welllllllll, since then I reevaluated and ended up adding a math minor and thus totally changed my classes around! So instead I have:

Ancient Cities

Greek Art

Formal Logic

Statistics

....and Intermediate Bowling. :D

Pandora

Stats. Bleh. I have to take stats 1 in the spring. I may not be taking stats 2. Bowling sounds fun lol. My idiot brother in law who is literally a ninth semester senior is taking padded weapons. Which sounds fun if you were actually going to ever get a degree. :roll:

Jake Durron

I'm trying to figure my sith out. I know what I want to take but it's all revolving around work and my plans. I want to get my degree in culinary arts and entrepreneurship and I'm going to go to the embassy school to learn French and Arabic. Then, if/after I lose to 150 I'm going to enlist and get the forces (I want marines or army I think.) to whip me into final shape needed to meet qualifications. I need to lose 196 pounds to make maximum weight for me height for army regs but they might make an exception for weight if my body fat is low... *sighs* I'm hoping it'll be all done or on it's way by my 25th birthday.

Princess

Don't say if for your goals. Make it happen

TheUnknown

Government and Interest Groups

Judicial Politics

Spatial Data Analysis (which might as well be in Swahili)

Pandora

My Multivariate Analysis class last semester was like that. I actually understood it better when the instructor lapsed into German.

This (my last semester!!!) all I'm taking is a truckload of research/thesis hours and Clinical Neuropsychopharmacology. It's fun :D

Radioactive Isotope

I downloaded an app to teach myself Japanese. Because I am determined to learn a foreign language that has no relevancy in my life whatsoever. :p

I have a German one too, but it doesn't seem to be as good.

TheUnknown

I had the problem that I become overconfident in my methodological and statistical skills as I had taken AP Stats in high school, minored in applied stats in college, and worked in survey research. I was okay until I got into Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Time Series Analysis, and now Spatial Data Analysis. And I anticipate that Bayesian Methods will kick my ass.

Pandora

Yeah. I just threw up a little. I'm happy to be only moderately better at stats than people with only a BA.

Princess

Unknown, you just became my best friend.

Also on my last semester: Quantitative Decision Making and Applied Research Project in Administration

Jake Durron

Last semester:

Intermediate Algebra

Trigonometry

English 102

Speech 108

Theatre 108

Spanish 101

Weight Training 178

Principles of Biology 107

This semester

Trigonometry again to get a better grade

Survey of College Math

Political Science

Spanish 102

Microbiology

Yoga

Child Psychology

I'm also in the Student Senate, Phi Theta Kappa, Two Student Newspapers, I volunteer with the Manna Food Program and I'm on the Employee Benefits Council.

Edited by Jake Durron

TheUnknown

Kia/Jake: Which political science class? If you need any help, just ask.

I consider my paper in Spatial Analysis a test run for a possible topic for my dissertation. I may just end up saying "ewok it" and finding something else considering data collection issues and the fact that contains both a time and a spatial element.

Edited by TheUnknown

Princess

Oooh, if you need any help with microbiology, I'm your person!

Radioactive Isotope

A yoga class? I'm super jealous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.