Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Your Story: Revenge of the Sith

Drake

:lol:

I think that was Lucas' idea. :p

Uncle Du

Heh, I'm sure it was.

I could hear my Mom's eyes rolling in that dark theater. :p

Radioactive Isotope

somehow killing children and the Christ child theory don't quite go together. :p

Skywalker

My exact thoughts. lol

Ayingel

no, but if you take that and Hitler, it does.

TheUnknown

*Grovels in front of George Lucas.* Forgive me for doubting you (although TESB and RotJ are still better than ANH, AotC, and TPM). I'm definitely gonna see this again, ASAP.

Kidding aside this movie is no less than ewoking amazing. I hesitate to say it's the best because I've only seen it once (that will change.) For one thing, the special effects were more realistic. I had so much trouble during TPM and AotC with some of the CGI. It looked amazing, but it looked a little unrealistic in those movies. I could buy everything in RotS. The duels were awesome, well coreographed. I am a little upset that more of the battles on Kashyyyk and that other planet weren't shown.

The whole dramatic feel was very well done. The actors catch hell for being wooden in the other prequels, but they were awesome here. I mean, to see even Yoda choking back tears, to hear Obi-Wan screaming, "You were like a brother to me!" Anakin's character was great. I could so understand his fears, his conflict between ambition and control, his conflict between dark and light. I could see how Sidious twisted Anakin's love and idealism. The music was awesome, too. "Across the Stars" finally sounded like the ode to doomed love instead of the rehash of "Binary Sunset." I also loved how the songs had vocals, giving them a surreal mood. I'm only pissed that more of "The Imperial March" and "Duel of the Fates" weren't played.

I wish Organa, Chewie, Grievious, R2, 3PO, and Dooku had bigger roles. Also, I wish the mystery of Syfo-Dias would have been revealed (I had thought that when Obi-Wan went back to check the security systems, he would have found out it was Qui-Gon). Finally, I wish Neeson was there.

As an aside, anyone else notice that several Jedi were not shown getting killed? What a way to leave the door open for books, TV shows, movies (!), and video games.

Edited by TheUnknown

Radioactive Isotope

well, we all know not all of the Jedi were killed during the Purges. and how do you figure Qui-Gon is Syfo-Dias?

Andy

Syfo-Dyas was good friend of Dooku's before he fell to the dark side. I think Dooku killed him though when he wouldn't join him. I could have that slightly confused though.

SoftballJedi

Hey, does anyone have any idea on how Padme died? Some say Anakin, and others say childbirth. But I don't understand how childbirth could have taken her because her medical droid said that they didn't know why she was dying.

Does anyone think that Palpatine could have killed her? He said that his master knew how to influence midi-cholorians to save a life and defeat death, so do you think Palpatine could influenced midi-cholorians to destroy a life?

Drake

The med droid said Padme lost the will to live. That's what killed her.

I saw the movie for a third time today. It's still as awesome as the first time around. :D

Andy

As corny as it sounds, she died of a broken heart.

Tsl

I have seen children, especially babies and young toddlers, do poorly for no other reason than a lack of bond with parents. It can happen.

Happy people live longer for a reason :p

Ender

Being happy is always good... which is why I very rarely am serious about anything. :D

Uncle Du

And oddly enough, according to the "feelings" quiz, I'm the only happy one around here!! :p

Andy

Show off. :p

Uncle Du

:D

TheUnknown

and how do you figure Qui-Gon is Syfo-Dias?

I don't. But it would have been a Helluva plot twist.

And yes, Padme died of a broken heart.

TheUnknown

Other observations/questions/topics of discussion:

1. Aayla Secura is killed on Haruun Kal.

2. What planet is Ki-Adi-Mundi killed on? Is that Malastare?

3. I don't recall seeing the following Jedi die: Luminary Unduli, Barriss Offee, Bultar Swan, Shaak ti, Even Piell, Oppo Racissis, Stass Allie, Adi Gallia.

4. Palpatine is a bad ass. Taking on four Jedi Masters at once and killing them all, three of them within a minute...damn.

5. Did Mon Mothma play any role. I don't recall her anywhere.

6. Does it seem Anakin didn't want children?

7. Why is Grievous coughing? Does he have a four pack a day habit or something?

Ayingel

1. Aayla Secura is killed on Haruun Kal.

3. I don't recall seeing the following Jedi die: Luminary Unduli, Barriss Offee, Bultar Swan, Shaak ti, Even Piell, Oppo Racissis, Stass Allie, Adi Gallia.

1. yeah? your point?

3. killed in clone wars. watch the cartoon.

5. in the book. she was against the uprising of the chancellor

7. think about it. he is like a pre-vader. he has stuff going into his lungs, and he is mechanical. it's like vader...but a little different

Drake

Wasn't Unduli on Kashyyyk? I think I saw her on the ground, directing troops in the opening shot on Kashyyyk. Anyway...Shaak Tii get killed, I believe, in a deleted scene. Also, I think Adi Gallia was the one killed by the troopers on the speeder bikes.

Her scenes were cut, I believe.

Watch the Clone Wars cartoon...season 2. At the very end, when Grievous is escaping Coruscant after kidnapping Palpatine, Mace jumps out of the sky and crushes Grievous' chest in with teh Force. A very badass moment.

TheUnknown

Also, I think Adi Gallia was the one killed by the troopers on the speeder bikes.

Couldn't be. I remember that Jedi being white..and one I don't recall from anywhere else.

Ayingel

no...i don't think that's her...

and Luminara was on Kashyyyk

Drake

From the script, still containing the un-cut stuff:

133 EXT. MYGEETO-DAWN

The sky slowly awakens on the crystal world of Mygeeto. A battle rages. Clone troops battle the droid armies across a long bridge. KI-ADI-MUNDi uses his light saber to deflect enemy fire. CLONE COMMANDER BACARA (1138) exits a Gunship near the entrance to the city. He rallies his TROOPS to attack the city, then gets a message on his comlink. He stops and moves to one side as a HOLOGRAM OF DARTH SIDIOUS appears on the comlink in the palm of his hand. He moves further into the shadows.

DARTH SlDIOUS: Commander 1138 . . .

CLONE COMMANDER BACARA: Yes, sir.

DARTH SlDIOUS: The time has come. Execute Order Sixty-Six.

CLONE COMMANDER BACARA: It will be done, My Lord.

DARTH SIDIOUS fades, and the CLONE COMMANDER snaps the comlink closed and looks to the main plaza of the city, where KI-ADI-MUNDI is leading the charge. The clones stop. KI-ADI-MUNDI turns around and is blasted by clone fire. He's killed before he can defend himself.

134 EXT. FELUCIA-FOREST-DAY

A column of CLONE WALKERS marches across the forest floor. The STRANGE CALLS of the alien forest creatures of FELUCIA suddenly stop. The Jedi AAYLA SECURA and her CLONE TROOPS brace for an ambush.

AAYLA: Steady. . . . steady . . .

They all look around for signs of the enemy. CLONE COMMANDER BLY moves up behind the Jedi.

AAYLA: (continuing) Bly, do you think they're Droids?

BLY: No.

BLY blasts AAYLA in the back. The OTHER CLONES fire on her as she hits the ground.

Another Jedi, BARRISS OFFEE, is cutting down a patrol of DROIDS when a CLONE WALKING TANK and SEVEN CLONE TROOPERS round a corner and blast the Jedi away.

135 EXT. KASHYYYK-MEETING HALL-DAY

YODA drops his gimer stick, clutches his chest, and rests against a wall.

136 EXT. KASHYYYK-EDGE OF VILIAGE-DAY

The battle appears to be over. WOOKIEES stack destroyed Droids while CLONES assess the damage to their equipment. A Jedi, LUMINARA UNDULI, talks with EIGHT CLONE OFFICERS standing in a circle around her. Suddenly they reveal their hidden pistols and blast her before she can react.

The Jedi QUINLAN VOS is riding on top of a CLONE TURBO TANK. The main cannon of a second tank slowly swings to point right at him and a COUPLE OF CLONES.

The cannon fires, and QUINLAN VOS and the CLONES disappear in a huge EXPLOSION.

137 INT. CATO NEIMOIDIA-COCKPIT CLONE FIGHTER-DAY

The CLONE PILOT watches a hologram of DARTH SIDIOUS.

DARTH SIDIOUS: Execute Order Sixty-Six.

CLONE PILOT: It will be done, My Lord.

138 INT. CATO NEIMOIDIA-JEDI STARFIGHTER-DAY

PLO KOON heads his ship toward a battle on a landing platform.

PLO KOON: There they are. Land on the nearest platform.

139 EXT. CATO XEIMOIDIA-JEDI STARFIGHTER-DAY

The FOUR CLONE PILOTS with PLO KOON drop back and blast him out of the sky.

140 EXT. SALEUCAMI-FOREST

Three Speeder Bikes race through the forest. A Jedi, STASS ALLIE is in the lead. The TWO CLONES following her drop back and blast her, causing her to crash in a huge EXPLOSION.

141 INT. CORUSCANT-CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE-NIGHT

DARTH SIDIOUS stands alone in his private office, illuminated only from a hologram projector beam from above. A small HOLOGRAM OF COMMANDER GREE stands in front of him.

CLONE COMMANDER GREE: Yes, My Lord.

DABTH SIDIOUS: The time has come. Execute Order Sixty-Six.

142 EXT. KASHYYYK-MEETING HALL BALCONY-DAY

A vista of waterways, high green mesas, and giant tree cities serves as a backdrop for the fierce battle, CLONES AND WOOKIEES against TRADE FEDERATION DROID ARMIES, with treaded tank-like vehicles. CLONE COMMANDER GREE holds his comlink.

CLONE COMMANDER GREE: It will be done, My Lord.

CLONE COMMANDER GREE snaps his comlink shut.

YODA watches from the balcony. The battle rages as CLONES and WOOKIEES attack DROIDS coming across the water on CORPORATE ALLIANCE TANK DROIDS. CHEWBACCA and TARFFUL stand on either side of the Jedi Master as he watches the battle below. CLONE COMMANDER GREE and ONE OFFICER walk onto the balcony toward YODA. YODA stands looking over the battlefield below. When they are close enough, the CLONES reveal their weapons and fire.

But faster than the CLONES can reveal their weapons, YODA ignites his lightsaber, leaps in the air, and beheads both CLONES. CHEWBACCA and TARFFUL fire their weapons as more CLONES enter the hall. The Wookiees call out to YODA to follow them. CHEWBACCA picks YODA up and carries him away.

So, most of the Jedi you listed were actually killed...we just didn't see them die, lol.

Here's the script by the by: http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Wars-Rev...f-the-Sith.html

TheUnknown

Shaak Ti had two death scenes filmed. One where General Grievous kills her aboard the Federation Cruiser and another where Anakin Skywalker kills her during the raid of The Jedi Temple. Both scenes were cut from the film.

I certainly hope they add the deleted scenes for the VHS/DVD release.

Andy

Yeah, I'm hoping that they add someof the scenes back into the movie, like they did with a few minor scenes on the TPM DVD.

Mon Mothma was cut from the movie, but she can still be seen in the part where Anakin and Palpatine meet all the senators after the Invisible Hand crash.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.