Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Radioactive Isotope

The Anime Thread

Sticks

Anyone else here stuck on Saturday night Adult Swim?...they should play some of those anime shows other nights as well...great stuff

Brumak

That would rock...they could cut out Squidbillies and Inuyasha and play some good anime. (sorry Tsl...lol...I just can't stand Inuyasha)

I'd really like to see them start playing Full Metal Panic.

With what their playing on Sat. now though I'm hooked on Samurai Champloo and s-CRY-ed.

Sticks

Same here, as well as Fullmetal Alchemist...

Why'd they stick the Boondocks in there? It's a funny show, but it doesnt belong on Sat night

GI_Admiral

English dubs = sux therefore Adult Swim = teh sux on anime :p

Tsl

Just finished watching all of Fullmetal Alchemist.

It is officially better than Star Wars.

Yes, I'm dead serious.

Radioactive Isotope

blasphemy!

Princess Mononoke was on a few days ago. it's supposed to be the Star Wars of the anime world, but i'm not entirely convinced of that. it is a good movie, though.

GI_Admiral

I agree, Blasphemy!!!! :p

FMA is pretty good.

Princess Mononoke is good too :O ((Dunno if it is called SW of anime either...))

Radioactive Isotope

that's what it says on the case. apparently the New York Post said it. :p

Tsl

I am a heretic, what can I say.

Fma has left me obsessively awaiting a dubbed version of the movie.

SW.....has left me occaisionally remembering that "oh yeah....another book is coming out sometime...may is it? oh well" lol

Radioactive Isotope

*shockgasp* :eek:

i blame my forgetting when books come out on school :p

GI_Admiral

I still need to see all the episodes, but I refuse Dubbed ones. Subtitles ftw

Strike

:eek: How did I miss this topic!?

I love anime/manga Subtitles and Scanlations only! Official licensed stuff is horrible.

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed Destiny

Gundam Wing

Hellsing

Mai-HiME

Fullmetal Alchemist

Tenjou Tenge

Gantz

Death Note

Samurai Champloo

Air Gear

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Bleach

- Naruto is worth mentioning too I suppose, though I'm not really into it anymore.

Those are just the ones that I enjoy the most I've seen loads of others.

Tsl

I still need to see all the episodes, but I refuse Dubbed ones. Subtitles ftw

I might go back and watch the subs sometime. I like the dubs because it's sometimes hard to read and watch the actions at the same time when there's alot of long monologues and stuff, lol. The FMA dubs are well done, and the versions I watched had spliced in the scenes from the japanese language versions that the english versions had cut out. Yay!

Tsl

Now I've started on Kenshin. Watched the prequel movie-thing and the first couple of the tv series. The movie was pretty intense and the show is nice and silly so far, lol

GI_Admiral

lol Kenshin is good. Though its a lot of fillers. (I like it more than Bebop)

Trigun is also very good lol. Still hvae to get into bleach >.< Have the episodes just havent gotten around to watching it (have to watch all the sg1 ep first lol)

I used to watch Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 when they were free downloads, but now that they're "official" they're harder to get free :(

Radioactive Isotope

has anyone else seen Slayers?

Tsl

lol Kenshin is good. Though its a lot of fillers. (I like it more than Bebop)

Trigun is also very good lol. Still hvae to get into bleach >.< Have the episodes just havent gotten around to watching it (have to watch all the sg1 ep first lol)

I used to watch Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 when they were free downloads, but now that they're "official" they're harder to get free :(

I'll probably start on Trigun when I'm finished with Kenshin....which will probably be awhile from now (that it will) :p

GI_Admiral

lol @_@ oro :p

Chickenman

I'm going to move this topic to the general sci-fi/fantasy section.

Tsl

It moved!!!

Almost done with what I'm told is the good part of the tv series of Kenshin. Only 5 episodes left! *cry* I'm going to watch the crappy ones anyways before doing the final OVAs, because I'm cool like that.

MsSolo

FMA left me cold. The boys just seemed too dense. I never took to Kenshin either, though I don't mind watching it. Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy didn't particularly appeal, but I can cope in small doses. I love both Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, along with Fruits Basket and Azumanga Daioh. Elven Lied is a great headf***, and beautfil too, but not something you can watch straight through (same for FoolyCooly, actually). We have an AnimeSoc at uni, so my tastes are being broadened, but I don't tend to sit through all six hours a sunday night any more, unless I really like all three animes.

I've still got that special place in my heart for Weiss Kreuz. Florists by Day, Assassins by night, and everyone owns strangely rare cars (the boss has a Welsh car! Welsh! Only a hundred made. In Wales!)

My current fave is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's got the elements of a good cop show, plus cyberpunk plot arcs and the beauty of the films. Togasu is the anime character currently in possession of my soul. The films are cool, though the second one strikes me as seeing how far it can push the pretension boundaries. I prefer them to Akira, and not just for the animation (as some people assume).

The Cat Returns is brilliant. I highly reccommend that. I like Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away a lot as well, and I keep meaning to get hold of Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbour Totoro.

Hey, has anyone here heard of Cat Soup?

I'll never be the same again after seeing that.

Radioactive Isotope

yay! another Fruits Basket fan. :D

anyone else read/seen Wolf's Rain?

GI_Admiral

I finished FMA, was good I thought. Interesting to see the twists inside the Army division. And funny at times too!

Trigun is awesome! Cowboy Bebop was good (I don't know why its most peoples #1 Favorite though) I still need to see FoolyCooly. And Weiss Kreuz....but more importantly Bleach lol.

JM, I've heard of Wolfs Rain, but never saw it (looked very interesting). Also Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo and Peacemaker are all good (haven't seen all 3 fully yet)

Radioactive Isotope

Wolf's Rain is pretty cool. i've read the first two mangas. very bloody and violent, and the story's good too. :D

GI_Admiral

Cool cool, I think I got my friend to get it [the anime] (I had no money :p), ill see what he said about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.