Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mickey

Kotor II, The Sith Lords (Possible Spoilers)

Mickey

just got it today, had to wait for them to get it out of the back. I'm only 3 hours into it so far, but I got to say wow!!!!!!! No, double wow!!

GI_Admiral

damn you xbox people...i ahve to wait till february 2005 :(

Drake

I'm getting it for X-Mas.

Ender

So am I...

*Pointlaughs at GI*

Andy

I'll wait for teh PC. Who wants a brilliant game on a butt-ugly box thingy. :p

Ender

Wow, who would ever want to go out with Beeurd? :p

Andy

good question.

GI_Admiral

I agree with Beeurd....Who would want an XboX? I wouldnt buy one....even if it was free....or best offer!!! :p

CorSec

Don't be unreasonable. Any true gamer would never turn down a free console.

Andy

Nah. But i'd sell it on eBay. :p

Mickey

I'm ten hours into it, and things are still not becoming clear.

Gameplay though is splendid, more behaviours, plus forms and two weapon configs, and influence points ... wow.

More species, bigger maps, more music, cameos ... won't mention who, you meatbags. Got a free strategy guide when I bought with a huge poster of the 1st desktop bg they released, but I haven't looked at the guide yet, tryin to stay spoiler free like I did for the first one. And the breif demo for Republic Commando is sick! Just the title music makes me want to buy it.

Edited by Mickey

Andy

is there more than three NPC models? :p

lol, the most annoying thing about KotOR (besides the insane continuity errors) was the fact that nearly everyone you talked to looked or sounded liek the guy you talked to about 100 yards away.

Chickenman

I just disregarded the continuity errors with a wave of my hand and a witty comment.

Or I would have, if I had found them before Beeurd pointed them out to me.

Mickey

yeah he appearances aren't as noticeable ... except the aliens, but they all look alike anyways ;)

got a good quote from it "Pulling a Bindo" lol long story, bald guy, bad joke

now 17+ hours and still haven't realized what happened to my character

Mickey

I think I'm at about 34 hours now ... things are starting to get much, much more interesting. Force sense rules btw, and Korriban holds some most intriguing mysteries ...

TheUnknown

I want it, but I better get a non-Star Wars game before I get it or else I risk having three SW games to one non-SW game, which would make me even more pathetic. :nutty:

Mickey

lol, all 4 of my xbox games are star wars ... the majority of all my games are starwars, except my atari and sega genesis games ... but for obvious reasons. They're pretty much the only games I buy anymore. But another update: The ending is near for me, and so far its really, really sad and depressing. Not so uplifting for a lightside ending

Drake

4 of my 12 X-Box games are SW...and those don't include my demo discs.

Andy

out of all of my games, i have about 16 SW games. that's out of just over 100 (been a while since i counted)

Mickey

wow 100 is a lot of games ... if I count everything from my atari, sega genesis, GBA, N64, PS, PS2, XBOX, and the two actual games I have for my Mac (not counting all the mini games and such) I'm not even near there.

Finished KOTOR II and eagerly await KOTOR III. Final thoughts, ending wasn't as spectacular as you may anticipate. Although if I remember correctly when I finished the first one I sat there saying, "that's it?" But this game puts the first to shame, so many more items and upgrade/breakdown/create options make it an amazing game without it being overwhelming. Also the multitude of new force powers and behaviors and fighting forms are great. Influencing other characters through your actions and words are awesome, even in battle you can say things that will decrease your opponents will. In the first, the revelation was your destination. But now the journey is a destination of its own. The path is very much entirely up to you. You can make many decision affecting your allignment and path, and even members of your party. A truly excellent game with no equal ... until the next one comes out. (hope that last bit didn't spoil the ending at all)

Edited by Mickey

TheUnknown

)

wow 100 is a lot of games ... if I count everything from my atari, sega genesis, GBA, N64, PS, PS2, XBOX, and the two actual games I have for my Mac (not counting all the mini games and such) I'm not even near there.

Damn you people with more than one game system. :mad: I've had the original Nintendo, Super NES, PSX, and XBox (and my PC that I think will explode any minute).

Although if I remember correctly when I finished the first one I sat there saying, "that's it." 

LOL. Sounds like me after I beat Clone Wars.

(hope that last bit didn't spoil the ending at all

Hmm. I'm gonna edit the topic to include a spoiler warning. Just in case.

Drake

I finished a couple days ago on light side. Playing it on dark side now. It's so much more fun. :twisted:

It was an awesome game. Better than the first. Some likes and dislikes...SPOILERS AHEAD!!

- They didn't just create a whole story line and tack on a little bit at the beginning about the events of the previous game. Events that took place from the first game have effects on the sequel. For example, at the beginning of the game you're asked if Revan (your character from the 1st game) was light side/dark side, male/female, what colour saber you had, etc. All through the game these answers will effect what people say when they talk to you.

- I liked how they brought back some of the original characters for cameos (Carth Onasi, Bastila) and a few even join your party (T3-M4, HK-47, Canderous/Mandalore).

- The mystery behind your character and members of your party are mostly kept unknown throughout the game. It's only until the end that you truely understand what's going on. It's good because it drives you to finish the game. Annoying sometimes, though, lol.

- More than 3 NPC models! (just for you, Beeurd) :p

- The game does a better job of tying in the story so that it could actually be a part of canon. (another for you, B, lol)

- Your party is now more than just along for the ride. They actually do stuff! Throughout the game the story will call for other members of the party to work and fight independantly, without the aid of your main character. That means you now have to pay extra attention to what skills/feats/powers your party gets because they'll have to stand on their own at some point.

Dislikes:

- Darth Nihilus (the masked dude on the cover) was the one of the main points of the story. He was set up as a really cool and powerful villain and it made me wonder how I would beat him when it came time to fight him. When it did come time to fight him, he was a push-over. Hardly a challenge. Such a disappointment. Thankfully the story didn't finish when he died and there were bigger fish to fry...

- Kreia annoyed the hell out of me. I wanted to kill her off right away. Too bad she's a part of the main storyline. She was hard to kill at the end but her death was worth the wait. :p

Chickenman

KOTOR 2 for pc shipped today! :D

Mickey

Yeah, I would have liked to see the Sith Lords be more engaged in the story. And what's up with the poster of Nihilus and Atris fighting?! They never even know about ech other in the game.

Andy

I got KotOR2 this morning, but when I tried to install it I got an unsufficient space message. Observation: It doesn't say on the case how much disk space it needs. How odd.

Anyways, I guess I'll have to uninstal some more games. lol

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.