Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mickey

Kotor II, The Sith Lords (Possible Spoilers)

Sam

I liked KOTOR II but for me it had way to many mess up and the end was just blah! I did like it though but it froze on me soooooooooooo many times

MH

Original KOTOR was a lot better but II stood pretty well. Storyline was too dark no matter what alignment you chose and could have used a little more work.

The graphics took a step down at least on the Xbox too. :|

Chickenman

Almost done. I love it.

[Master_Revan]

The storyline for KOTORII was really quite appalling compared to the first, which is why i prefer the first so much more, despite the upgrades with weapons and items. You know, a trailing cape on your robes is only fun for about ten minutes, but a good story line allows for replay value, and the story for KOTORII was pretty awful. The endings, both of them, were truly crap. I mean, there are cliff hangers, yes, but even they have some conclusive content, but all these have is that one:

Kreia dies and two : exile survives, either for good or evil, and if he is evil the crew go down with the ebon hawk. But so many things are left unresolved, not even hinted at:

GO-TO and the remote's face off, in which, HK-47 was supposed to come and kill GO-TO if you were lightside, but this was one of the things cut for the final game because of the rushed release for x-mas. Mira fights hanharr, but what happens after you win the fight? It's all up in the air, and the cut material made the storyline suffer, which, IMO, wasn't as rich or intrigueing as the first, not nearly, and big suprise, kreia was evil, like you didn't realise that 10 minutes in.

Rogue9

okay kotorII beat it 6 times every quest sub quest pazaak game completed absolutely amazing no doubt one of the most fun times ive ever had playing a game alone for 42hours in 48hours the first time through. but i have a major issue im a big sissy i cant go pure dark i cannot and theres no getting around it just because in this game when your bad they let you know for sure that your bad lioke the whole killing poor people and then there children nar shadaa turns me light every time someone just tell me the other ending which im sure is completely devoid of closure

Edited by Rogue9

Chickenman

*brain fries*

Grammar makes the world go around, Rogue.

Andy

I thought that was gravity and magnetism. Oh well. *shrugs*

Chickenman

Nope. Grammar.

Strike

I thought it was weak compared to the first one. Too glitchy, unfinished stories (HK-50 factory, G0-T0 why exactly was here there? And why did he hate Boa Dur's little remote?) No Revan (BOOOO) Exile's little revalation was nothing compaired to the "shocker" you get in the first one. Oh and why was there such a big deal made about the clown mask sith when he really didn't have anything to do with the story?

There were some good points though... Kreia was an alright character same with the other two sith who's names have escaped me at the moment. Also Atton.

Andy

Kriea and Atton helped prop the game up a bit, otherwise it was a pretty dull experience, as far as SW games go.

Strike

The only reason I kept playing it was the hope of seeing Bastilla and hearing about Revan.

Chickenman

I really liked it, actually. The ending was way to rushed, and an unholy amount of content was cut. It also did have its share of glitches. If they had taken their time to finish the cut content and fix the glitches, it would have been one of the better games LA has produced.

Chickenman

So on my second playthrough, I realized that what had been a disappointing game was really a fantastic game that had been gutted by executive meddling. It truly has some great writing, the very nature of the Force is reexamined, it turns some RPG cliches on its head, yada yada. Basically I've come to realize not only how great the game could have been, but how great the game actually was, and that that greatness was overshadowed by disappointment of the cut content. (Type "cut content" into google and see what comes up.)

Anyway, cut to a week ago when I found this website, where nerds play through video games and document it, and other nerds (read: me) read it. The players detail their experiences, either making humorous commentary or reviewing the game in the most detailed and time-consuming way possible, or making a fanfic out of the game. The playthrough for KOTOR 2 (scroll down to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. For some reason it's not letting me link the actual KOTOR 2 page) is absolutely excellent. Not only is it hilarious, but the guy knows what he's talking about. He explains how Asimov's works influence the character of G0-T0, how HK-47 actually becomes Revan's mouthpiece and why Kreia is possibly the best-written female character of any RPG around, to name just a small portion of his revelations (Revan-lations? No. Not at all.). He also restores the cut content, including the droid factory sequence that showcases HK-47 at his awesomest, and an entire planet.

I give this all to you because I'm a loser trying to defend a game that was actually god-damned amazing. Seriously, when this guy lays it all out for you, it reads like a damned Matthew Stover novel.

It also took me a few days to get through. So...there's that.

Andy

Hmm, my last post was probably overly harsh. I don't remember it being as "dull" as I said. But it was still ruined by cutting a lot of content, which was really a shame.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.