Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Canada 101

Andy

OMG! Mark the calender, Drake practically admited he isn't perfect! :eek: :p

Ender

*Shock*

Radioactive Isotope

if we can mark it for GI learning something, why not for Drake admitting a mistake? :p

GI_Admiral

lol

TheUnknown

*Bumps so future USC members can study up.*

Drake

Funny story...

I was in Current Events class today and we were discussing how much more liberal Canada is becoming compared to the United States.

For example...as you know, we recently decriminalized the possesion of marijuana.

Now...get this...the government is planning on sending a research group to Holland, Belgium and other European countries so that they can "study" their Red Light Districts and how they work. Then this research group will return with their findings so that Canada can make plans to legalize prostitution.

:p

Alexander

Prostitution should be legalized; such a measure would greatly reduce a spread of STDs.

Drake

I actually agree. Government regulations would definately be a help in that area.

Tsl

Works for Nevada

GI_Admiral

Umm....Prostitution is Illegal in Nevada...but ok

Tsl

Nevada has legal, gov't regulated brothels, which is the same damned thing.

Drake

Didn't you have a brothel? :p

Tsl

Yes, but mine isn't legal :p

Drake

Come to Canada and it will be...in like 10 years...or more. :p

Drake

The media is predicting a Spring election for the Federal (aka national) government. The Prime Minister is going to talk live tonight at around 7pm. He says he has something big and important to say but he's not giving any hints. I'll post an update on it after I watch it.

Drake

Alright.

So Paul Martin gave his address and basically told the people that he would call a General Election no longer than 30 days after the release of the final report by Justice Gomery on the Sponsorship Scandal which is to be released this December. He said that it should be up to the people to decide what to do with the final information and whether or not they want to keep the Liberal Party in power.

The Conservatives and the other opposition parties have been planning to call a non-confidence vote in the Liberals which would lead to an election next month. However, the PM's announcement weakens their blow since the people now have a choice: wait and find out the full truth or vote now not knowing much.

As of right now, nothing is getting done in Parliament save for petty bickering over this issue. Hopefully they'll resolve this thing and get on with their petty bickering over the regular issues like trade relations and marijuana. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.