Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Bushy

Happy Blow-your-arm-off-with-illegal-mexican-

Bushy

Otherwise known as Independince Day.

YAR!!

*sets off an ungodly ammount of fireworks, blowing off his right arm*

YAR!!

Edited by Bushy

Princess

w00t!

We had our big display last night. It started at 10:01pm with 2 F-18 hornets flying overhead, 500 ft above our heads, with their afterburners going before they went vertical into the sky, then we had an Army General read the names of all fallen Michigan troops, then we had a 1,000 mortar salute (in less than 60 seconds) for the troops, and then we had a 45 minute firework display after 2 previous nights of 15 minute shows. I've got about 8 minutes of video on my digital camera from last night, unfortunately I didn't get the Hornets

Bushy

Awesome. I wish they'd do that around here. We get a very nice fireworks display, but that's all.

Princess

Well if you're ever in Michigan. Don't go to Detroit's display and get shot at, go to Bay City. It's the best show in the state besides Detroit. I'm downloading video right now and then I'll figure out how to get it on the web

Andy

Oooooh, that could have been what those fireworks we heard last night were for... Even though then it was the 3rd July...

Me and my g/f were walking along and we heard these fireworks and were like "what crazy person is letting off fireworks in the middle of summer for?"

Radioactive Isotope

people on my street have been letting them off all week. it's annoying when you're just about to fall asleep and this huge crack wakes you up. grr....

chozen

Greece are Champions of Europe.. Bookies placed them at 150/1 to win it. And we did it! :D

I'm going to set my cat on fire in celebration. This is far better than some stupid yank holiday.

Bushy

C-H-O-Z-E-N is how I spell "bitter".

GI_Admiral

Chozen = fair weather fan :p

We're gonna have a fireworks display...I dunno...maybe for a few minutes i'll get over my laziness and go outside to see...*shudder* freshair....

Chickenman

The AAA team in my state has a fireworks display every year after their game. I didn't enjoy it...I watched it with my grandpa and he's dying...he used to be so full of life...but now he just hung his head in tiredness. I can't even hold a conversation with him. :cry:

Sticks

Woohoo! I'm in Texas right now where you can actually buy fireworks and set them off yourself...ya can't do that in Iowa...tis kinda illegal

...I, however, have had enough of my little brother setting off fireworks the last couple of nights, and didnt want to go to a fireworks show...so I'm sitting at where we're staying right now perfectly content and with a house to myself :p

Tsl

I got to see two fireworks thingies this year. Go me!

Bushy

Fireworks thingies. Mm mm, those thingies. :p

It sounds like a warzone here... You got the big fireworks display over in the next town accross the river, booming and blaming, and then you got the pop-popping of the firecrackers around the neighborhood, and then the yells. It's almost surreal. Ok, maybe not. But this is the first year I didn't see the fireworks display in my entire life. I was at a barbecue for quite a while. And I have a new life goal. To learn Spanish, go to Madrid, and find Ana, the foriegn exchange student who I met tonight. ;) She didn't speak much english... But she's a real nice girl. Ok, probably the wrong topic. Yeah...

Drake

Happy America Day!

Tsl

I liked Canada Day better ;)

Drake

Oh yeah. :D

Andy

Hmm... We should have our own patriotic celebration over here... :(

CorSec

You can call it: England Day! w00t :p

Ender

We had an amazing display by the Blue Angels down here... I will never get over how good they are... it was just freaking amazing.

Princess

If anyone would like to see our 1,000 mortar salute, it's here It'll take a bit to download because my camera makes huge files for some reason. Oh and it's sideways too because I had to turn my camera to get it all

chozen

C-H-O-Z-E-N is how I spell "bitter".

No. I just rate Greece winning Euro 2004 higher than July the 4th, a holiday i've never, ever celebrated.. and would never, ever want to.

chozen

Wondered what that silly old Saint George's day was about.

Drake

I was suprised at how little America Day programming was on TV yesterday. Usually it's all full of patriotic crap, thus causing me to skip a day of television, but this year, all I saw were a few slightly patriotic movies (Independance Day was one, of course) and a couple channels had the fireworks at night.

Andy

Wondered what that silly old Saint George's day was about.

Oh yeah, St Georges day... that day that is just like any other day because you still have to work or whatever.

So... We still should have some kind of patriotic celebration that is a national holiday.

Tsl

I was suprised at how little America Day programming was on TV yesterday. Usually it's all full of patriotic crap, thus causing me to skip a day of television, but this year, all I saw were a few slightly patriotic movies (Independance Day was one, of course) and a couple channels had the fireworks at night.

The Patriot was on while we were in Niagara Falls :p

We watched the Birdcage instead...hehe.