Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Bushy

Happy Blow-your-arm-off-with-illegal-mexican-

Drake

Oh God...The Patriot. I watched a bit of that. That movie....if you can call it that...is so disgustingly biased against the British. It made them look like the spawns of the devil while Mel Gibson and the Yankees were a group of superheroes. :puke:

Tsl

It's kinda funny though...because it's so stupid. Remember when we watched the end of it while we were on the phone? :p

Andy

Oh God...The Patriot. I watched a bit of that. That movie....if you can call it that...is so disgustingly biased against the British. It made them look like the spawns of the devil while Mel Gibson and the Yankees were a group of superheroes. :puke:

Never seen it and don't really care too. Although I wouldn't expect anything less than anti-Britishness to come out of Hollywood.

CorSec

I was suprised at how little America Day programming was on TV yesterday. Usually it's all full of patriotic crap, thus causing me to skip a day of television, but this year, all I saw were a few slightly patriotic movies (Independance Day was one, of course) and a couple channels had the fireworks at night.

I watched Independace Day. Cool effects. Alien invasion. What could be better? :p I have it on VHS so I haven't watched it in ages...

It's pretty Americanized but most of it isn't too obvious, except for the little speech before they go in for the final Death-Star-esque assault.

As for the Patriot...well..it's got guns...and 'splosions...therefore I can ignore the anti-Brit sentiment :p

Ender

I love The Patriot... and it was so anti-British because that was the sentiment shared by most people back then.

I actually watched We Were Soldiers though... Mel Gibson in Nam. Incredible movie.

CorSec

I love The Patriot... and it was so anti-British because that was the sentiment shared by most people back then.

Umm...No. It was the directors/writers portrayal of the Brit characters and their actions.

Yes...they may have had an anti-brit sentiment, but when the era was hollywood-ified, they expanded on that, and showed the Brits to be blood-thirsty barely-human monsters.

Edited by CorSec

Bushy

Not really. Just that one Major. The rest of them fought, or tried to at least, "honorably".

Tsl

No no.... The British fought honourably. :p

Bushy

What has Drake done to you :eek: