Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Favourite Sports

What sport do you like most?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TheUnknown

So stripping is a sport?

Not unless it's done competitively.

What about dog racing.. Is that a sport?

Nope, nor are cock fighting and dog fighting.

Mara

Physical activity DURING the actual event. With auto racing, they drive around. With horse racing, the horses do most of the work.

Yes, but you also mentioned endurance. I think auto racing takes a whole lot of endurance.

chozen

Nope, nor are cock fighting and dog fighting.

For the reason?

What about.. Polo?

TheUnknown

But how often does the outcome of a race rely on whether or not the driver can endure the race?

And how much of an auto race do you think hinges on engine quality, aerodynamics, and other MECHICAL issues.

chozen

And how much of an auto race do you think hinges on engine quality, aerodynamics, and other MECHICAL issues.

Little really. It depends mostly on the drivers skill. Look at the ferrari F1 racing car. it sells off many of it's parts to other cars, but ferrari always wins.

The cars have little difference between them.

Mara

But how often does the outcome of a race rely on whether or not the driver can endure the race?

Quite often.

Yes, mechanical things help, but it's not just that. If it was, we'd be watching automated car racing, with no drivers.

Bad furday

I agree with what Mara said. However, upon reading her previous posts, she appears to be talking mostly about Nascar.

There are other series out there, that require the driver to turn both left and right continually, while continuously accelerating, braking, and shifting at high speed. Having to do this for 2 hours or more is quite a strenuous activity, so endurance and stamina is needed, as is a great deal of upper body strength.

Drake

what kind of mascot is a leaf? :p now a Wlidcat is a mascot. :D

We have a polar bear...which could crush your pitiful wildcat. :twisted:

Mara

I agree with what Mara said. However, upon reading her previous posts, she appears to be talking mostly about Nascar.

There are other series out there, that require the driver to turn both left and right continually, while continuously accelerating, braking, and shifting at high speed. Having to do this for 2 hours or more is quite a strenuous activity, so endurance and stamina is needed, as is a great deal of upper body strength.

Yes, because that's the only one I really I know anything about. I wouldn't talk about something I'm not educated about. ; )

(Btw, NASCAR does have two road course races. ; ) )

And thanks, Furrie. ; )

Andy

They wouldn't be racing if they couldn't endure it.

Same as I don't play football because I can't. :p

Pandora

(oh well, I won't feel so alone when I'm surrounded by 18,999 other crazed fans watching the Grizzlies win their first play-off game...)

Uh...pod...I think you might want to check that...Spurs are leading the Grizzlies 2-0...

What can you POSSIBLY expect from a three-year-old team in their first playoffs? I don't expect them to get out of round one, but I DO expect things to change on the home court tonight. The fact they made it at all is friggin awesome.

And we've got Coach of the Year. (Hubie is the COOLEST)

And we beat the Spurs three of four games in the reg season, which probably pissed them off. Twice in the Pyramid, and once at the SBC Center (even though Duncan was out, but it's still a win nonetheless.) And that one without Duncan... I find it rather annoying that people will say, "Oh they only wone because Tim Duncan was out." But when the grizz get beat because Bonzie Wells, Pau Gasol, Jason Williams, Mike Miller AND Lorenzen Wright are ALL out at the same time and we have like a seven-man rotation instead of our ten-man rotation, it was a real loss. (That was the ugliest game ever... Our bench started and the third-string bodies were the bench... it was just.... bad.)

And oh yeah, we beat the Spurs BEFORE we were a play-off team, and the Spurs are kinda the defending champion. I don't see two straight losses at home for my Grizzlie bears, I simply don't. The support they'll get from the crowd will be unbelievable. The newspapers here distributed fan signs in today's issues. Thought it was kinda cool, considering this is the most negative newspaper in the memphis metropolitan area.

Radioactive Isotope

what kind of mascot is a leaf? :p now a Wlidcat is a mascot. :D

We have a polar bear...which could crush your pitiful wildcat. :twisted:

nu uh! :p it's a biiiiiiiiiig wildcat.... :p

Link

My Spurs are gonna kick Pod's team in the ass!!!

Andy

Now, now, children. Settle down. No fights in here please.

However, the Dueling Arena is still open for business! :D

Link

nothing to fight over. i just feel bad for pod when she loses

GI_Admiral

Actually pod i was just trying to correct your statement. You said that your team won when they didn't...

I see their fate will be the same as another Tennessee based team: The Nashville Predators. First time in playoff, running for coach of the year...lost in first round to #1 ranked team...Detroit Red Wings :D:D:D

Link

oh slam again.

GI_Admiral

Ooooh....She got served :p

Mara

Wings trampled by Flames. ; )

GI_Admiral

:boom:

Trampled...hardly..we'll come back and destroy them....

Link

Told you the Spurs were gonna whoop ass! Ok by one point but MAN that was beautiful...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.