Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Welcome Lounge - introduce yourself!

Recommended Posts

Chickenman

With the bird? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queso

I think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Yes. Hey, Birds can cause a lot of problems. Ana killed me over a bird once...((Damn bird...I still think it should die!!!))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

Hey guys... I didn't know where else to turn so I came back to you guys... I'm a little lost... My fiance is "deployed" for 12 days. I'm not permitted to say where, but I'm feeling pretty down and out. You guys were the first ones I thought of to talk to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

Hey girl *sympathetic hugs* what's wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

It's Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*Runs away*

Err...I mean...good to see you Link. ;)

That sucks about deployment, hope you feel better. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

I don't expect you guys to understand, so I'm not gonna hold anything against you. Let's just say being a military wife is going to be really, really hard. Walter is doing a mock deployment, basically it's training for when he goes downrange (Afghanistan) in January. In the seven months we've been together, we haven't been apart more than two or three days... He left at 0400 this morning and I feel like I'm falling apart... It's so strange being here at home without him... He's always joking around with me and he's just... there. And now he isn't...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

It's hard being separated from the one you love. There's not really anything to be done about it, really, except for trying to carry on. It's frustrating and lonely. You can only keep your chin up and keep in mind that you'll be united soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

yeah... at least it's only 12 days this time and again the first week of november... come january, he's gone for four months... hopefully i'll be used to it by then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indie-Girl

WB .... i remember you from when i first joined :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

You're strong... you'll make it through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I don't expect you guys to understand, so I'm not gonna hold anything against you. Let's just say being a military wife is going to be really, really hard.

Yeah, from what I've heard, it is. It's one of the reasons I might not join the military after all. :???:

But I'm sure you'll get through this. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

I know I will... I think I just need a couple of days to just be miserable and then I'll pick back up. I did the same thing when Mom deployed back in 02. Most of my friends have moved on to other bases already so I really have no one here to talk to. I can't get anywhere. I don't test for my Euro license til Monday and even then, I can't drive mine and his car. It's a stick. And Delphra... thanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indie-Girl

what did i do :p

hope you get happier soon :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

i'll be ok once i get used to this. and thanks for the wb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

I'm sure you will adapt. And it is probably harder on him to be away from you than the other way around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

that's got to be awful...just don't give up on it...if you want it to work, it will. everything will be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queso

That sucks...and welcome back I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirax

Welcome back, Link. I know it totally sucks to be away from the one you love. I hope we can be of some comfort. At least we can noisy up the joint for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

*points to Mir*

Watch out Link, she bites :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

I remember her lol and thanks everyone. It was a little rought sleeping here last night, but now that I have done what I needed to get done around here, I can go back to my parents house and stay with them and see my friends. I'm not as upset now that I've had time to settle down. He called me last night when they got to their base, so he's doing good. Thanks again, guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aurelius

Welcome back Link! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Heya!

*whispers*

And I understand completely :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Yup, welcome back, Link!

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Yeah Du has a boyfriend in the AF who's away too dont you :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.