Chickenman 9 Posted September 1, 2005 With the bird? :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 2, 2005 Yes. Hey, Birds can cause a lot of problems. Ana killed me over a bird once...((Damn bird...I still think it should die!!!)) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 7, 2005 Hey guys... I didn't know where else to turn so I came back to you guys... I'm a little lost... My fiance is "deployed" for 12 days. I'm not permitted to say where, but I'm feeling pretty down and out. You guys were the first ones I thought of to talk to... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted September 7, 2005 Hey girl *sympathetic hugs* what's wrong? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 7, 2005 It's Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! *Runs away* Err...I mean...good to see you Link. That sucks about deployment, hope you feel better. :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 7, 2005 I don't expect you guys to understand, so I'm not gonna hold anything against you. Let's just say being a military wife is going to be really, really hard. Walter is doing a mock deployment, basically it's training for when he goes downrange (Afghanistan) in January. In the seven months we've been together, we haven't been apart more than two or three days... He left at 0400 this morning and I feel like I'm falling apart... It's so strange being here at home without him... He's always joking around with me and he's just... there. And now he isn't... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted September 7, 2005 It's hard being separated from the one you love. There's not really anything to be done about it, really, except for trying to carry on. It's frustrating and lonely. You can only keep your chin up and keep in mind that you'll be united soon. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 7, 2005 yeah... at least it's only 12 days this time and again the first week of november... come january, he's gone for four months... hopefully i'll be used to it by then... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Indie-Girl 0 Posted September 7, 2005 WB .... i remember you from when i first joined :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted September 7, 2005 You're strong... you'll make it through. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 7, 2005 I don't expect you guys to understand, so I'm not gonna hold anything against you. Let's just say being a military wife is going to be really, really hard. ← Yeah, from what I've heard, it is. It's one of the reasons I might not join the military after all. But I'm sure you'll get through this. :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 7, 2005 I know I will... I think I just need a couple of days to just be miserable and then I'll pick back up. I did the same thing when Mom deployed back in 02. Most of my friends have moved on to other bases already so I really have no one here to talk to. I can't get anywhere. I don't test for my Euro license til Monday and even then, I can't drive mine and his car. It's a stick. And Delphra... thanks... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Indie-Girl 0 Posted September 7, 2005 what did i do hope you get happier soon :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 7, 2005 i'll be ok once i get used to this. and thanks for the wb Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 7, 2005 I'm sure you will adapt. And it is probably harder on him to be away from you than the other way around Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ayingel 24 Posted September 7, 2005 that's got to be awful...just don't give up on it...if you want it to work, it will. everything will be fine Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Queso 0 Posted September 7, 2005 That sucks...and welcome back I guess. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mirax 3 Posted September 8, 2005 Welcome back, Link. I know it totally sucks to be away from the one you love. I hope we can be of some comfort. At least we can noisy up the joint for you. :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted September 8, 2005 *points to Mir* Watch out Link, she bites :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted September 8, 2005 I remember her lol and thanks everyone. It was a little rought sleeping here last night, but now that I have done what I needed to get done around here, I can go back to my parents house and stay with them and see my friends. I'm not as upset now that I've had time to settle down. He called me last night when they got to their base, so he's doing good. Thanks again, guys... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Aurelius 1 Posted September 8, 2005 Welcome back Link! :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted September 8, 2005 Heya! *whispers* And I understand completely :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted September 8, 2005 Yup, welcome back, Link! Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better now. :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 8, 2005 Yeah Du has a boyfriend in the AF who's away too dont you :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites