Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Star Wars: Battlefront

Bushy

It's most likely going to use the same engine, or one similar to, the Battlefield 1942 game engine, no? From the video clips I saw, it looked a lot like BF, or even BFV...

CorSec

I dunno if the BF series will retain it's charm as a Star Wars-esque game. The guns in JO/JA didn't really have me drooling. Futuristic gun-fights always seemed so...un-appealing to me. Dunno why *shrug*

GI_Admiral

Heretic!

CorSec

Everythings just too advanced. I like the simple World War II era weapons.

Andy

So, reviews, opinions?

I just heard that it sucks, so speak to me peoples! :p

chozen

"retarded" from what i've been hearing.. but.. I don't own the game.. so.. eh.. baron?

CorSec

Demo'd it. Graphics are worse than JA. Dissapointing considering the age of the Quake III engine.

Gameplay is moderately fun. Not something to buy though. Not in my mind.

Mickey

just picked it up last weekend ... ridiculously fun and addicting, and all I've been playing is single-player. I yearned to play the battle of Hoth, but it wasn't the best map in my opinion. I love the two Rhen Var maps and Theed is sweet too, Kashyyk docks is awesome if ya wanna practice your sniping, and the Bespin Platforms is fun if ya wanna be a fighter ace. I just wish I had high speed so I could play on Live. But I dig this game, a great pick-up and kill some time game. As far as graphics go, the Demo on the OT DVDs didn't seem too great, but I think the full version is very awesome graphics on par with The Sith Lords ... I love the flying leaves when you blast trees. Its keeping my from completing my 2nd play through of Sith Lords though.

CorSec

I did end up playing a full-version eventually, but my point stands.

The SP offers a mild experience. Graphics were better, but not a sterling example of Star Warsy excellence.

Flight seems dull to me. You can't replace a dedicated flight arcade experience like Rogue Leader (But it's teh thought that counts)

Andy

Wow, that has to be the first good review i've ever seen... :eek:

still prolly won't buy it though. not sure about KotOR2 yet either.

CorSec

RPGs? Pfft...come to teh dark side beeurd.

*a faint ghostly voice whispers "BfME running on a familiar c&c style engine..."*

Ender

Battlefront is not a bad game, but Lucasarts could have done so much more with it. It's fun, definitely, but there's a lot missing that could have made it a great game. Hoth rules, though. :D

GI_Admiral

"BfME running on a familiar c&c style engine..."

Ok, now im never getting that game :p

Chickenman

I got Battlefront for Christmas. Havn't played it too much yet. It looks both bad and good. I'll have to play more for me to make a final verdict. Though in the end, no one will really care.

:cry:

CorSec

Ermm...no *shifty eyes*

[emptyconsolement]....[/emptyconsolement]

Battlefront is not a bad game, but Lucasarts could have done so much more with it. It's fun, definitely, but there's a lot missing that could have made it a great game. Hoth rules, though. :D

I'd tend to agree. I do have fun playing it, but I feel it's an EtM-game. I'd have fun for the first run-through...and be moderately obsessed, but it's not something that I'd touch afterwards. Too many flaws.

Andy

i've never played a game as bad as EtM... :p

Mickey

y'all need to stop using all the abbreviations, or else I'll have to BaCiYA, but seriously I don't know what you're talking about.

Battlefront: sweet Battlefront on a LAN or multiplayer: ubersweet ... wish it had one on one mode though and pick-up weapons ... but I think that's more for republic commando (aka Halo for Star Wars). And that demo is sweet.

Andy

EtM = Enter the Matrix... *shudder*

SoftballJedi

I got this game for Christmas and I love it! It's the only video game I really play (I've tried others) and it's great. I just can't fly and shoot at the same time.

Drake

They're making a RotS expansion for this game.

SoftballJedi

Yeah, the new game comes out this November.

Jediwan

NIce, can't wait until it comes out.

Andy

I still haven't got it. lol.

SoftballJedi

Does anyone know how to play Battlefront online? I don't really understand that concept.. :???:

GI_Admiral

just like single player =/

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.