Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Radioactive Isotope

something for this summer then. *sigh*

Roethlisberger

The Truman Show:

Excellent, excellent film! I love this film! Jim Carrey does a great semi-serious performance. The supporting cast is good too, especially Ed Harris as the director who controls Truman's (Jim Carrey) life, and Laura Linney, as Truman's wife who crossed her fingers while getting married to Truman. The film is about a man who's life is a TV show, but he doesn't know it. He slowly begins to figure it out. The screenplay is the strongest part of that film, as well as the directing. (The Director is Peter Weir who also directed Witness, starring Harrison Ford, Dead Poet's Society, starring Robin Williams. He most recently directed Master and Commander.)

Acting: A-

Ed Harris: A

Jim Carrey: A-

Screenplay: A+

Direction: A+

Overall Grade: A+

Edited by Fett

chozen

i enjoyed Master and Commander. now i want to read all the books (yes, it is a series). i also thought the new Peter Pan movie was excellent. but then, i'm just a big kid at heart, and Peter Pan's always been one of my favorites.

quiet you scurvy swashbuckle timberland me hearty..

Andy

lol, I want to see that Peter Pan movie... looks kinda cool.

chozen

I liked hook.. and the disney one. I think i was around ten when they're released that..

Radioactive Isotope

Hook with Robin Williams isn't Disney. the Disney version of Peter Pan is so far off the book, it's not even funny. the new one is much closer, although, Tinkerbell is kindof annoying.

chozen

I liked hook.. and the disney one.

No wonders why Bush is doing the 'no child gets left behind' Idiocy is rife in the states! :roll:

Andy

ROFL

Anyways, Disney have an annoying habit of ruining perfectly good stories... Although I think their version of Aladdin was great :D

Ender

My Game of the Year awards...

Best Driving Game: Project Gotham Racing 2- Xbox

Runner-Up: Need for Speed: Underground: All Systems

Best Fighting Game: Soul Calibur II- All Systems

Runner-Up: Virtua Fighter 4

Best Flying Game: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge- Xbox

Runner-Up- Secret Weapons Over Normandy- Xbox, PS2, PC

Best Action Game: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack- Xbox, PS2

Runner-Up: Rainbow Six 3- Xbox, PC

Best Adventure Game: Beyond Good and Evil- All Systems

Runner-Up: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time- All Systems

Best Sports Game: Top Spin- Xbox

Runner-Up: Madden NFL 2004- All Systems

Best Innovation: Voice Control for Rainbow Six 3- Xbox

Runner-Up: Xbox Live 2.0

Best RPG: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Xbox, PC

Runner-Up: Deus Ex: Invisible War- Xbox

Best Sleeper Hit: Armed and Dangerous- Xbox, PC

Runner-Up: Metal Arms: Glitch in the System- All Systems

Best Publisher: Ubisoft

Runner-Up: Microsoft Game Studios

Best Charachter: Roman from Armed and Dangerous- Xbox, PC

Runner-Up: Vince from Voodoo Vince- Xbox

Best Kept Secret: Halo 2- Xbox

Runner-Up: Advent Rising- Xbox

Biggest Disappointment: Enter the Matrix- All Systems

Runner-Up: True Crime: Streets of L.A.- All Systems

Best Sound: Rainbow Six 3- Xbox, PC

Runner-Up: Armed and Dangerous- Xbox, PC

Best Music: Otogi: Myth of Demons- Xbox

Runner-Up: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time- All Systems

Game of the Year: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Xbox, PC

Runner-Up: GTA: Double Pack- Xbox, PS2

Radioactive Isotope

I liked hook.. and the disney one.

No wonders why Bush is doing the 'no child gets left behind' Idiocy is rife in the states! :roll:

meh... :p that's what happens when you read too fast. or somebody went back and edited it. :p

Andy

Best Innovation: Voice Control for Rainbow Six 3- Xbox

Meh, it's been done before

Ender

Voice Control in RS3 was different from all of them.

Andy

How so?

Roethlisberger

Brazil:

Terry Giliam's Brazil is one of the best movies of the 80's. A sci-fi satire, it mainly preys on 1984. It centers around a man, Sam Lowry (Jonathan Pryce, who plays Elizabeth's father in POTC) who works in the Department of Information. He winds up in the middle of a very weird conspiracy after accepting a promotion into Information Retrieval. There are at least 10 dream sequences. There are appearances by Robert De Niro, as a terrorist electrician, Bob Hoskins, as an electrician, and Michael Palin, as an interrogator and a friend of Lowry's. Sam also runs into the girl of his dreams who kicks him out of a moving vehicle. This is probably the best after-Python efforts by any Monty Python member, followed closely by A Fish Called Wanda and 12 Monkeys. GIlliam'ss script is the highlight. If you don't like weird movies, this one isn't for you.

Grade: A+

Sticks

Jonny English

Good movie, although some parts were way too predictable. Good acting. Really made me laugh in some parts.

Grade: B+

Shanghai Knights and Shanghai Noon

Very funny movies, Owen Wilson and Jackie Chan make an excellent pair! Excellent movies...

Grade: A

American Wedding

The worst of the three American Pie movies. It was missing some important characters, and the characters in it didnt always fit their part. Stifler really annoyed me for some reason, same with Finster. A few parts were quite funny, and there were some really gross parts that I could have done without. This one was also sappier than the other two.

Grade: C-

Roethlisberger

Shanghai Noon: Blah

Grade: C

Shanghai Knights: That's better!

Grade: B

Princess

Shallow Grave with Ewan MacGregor

This has to be the most f***** up movie that I've ever seen. Disturbing beyond belief yet captivating.

2.5 stars

Radioactive Isotope

Dune mini-series from Sci-Fi:

not a bad adaptation of the book (for a six-hour mini-series, it'd better be good). the politics are excellently done and the battles rock! mmm......carnage. the last fight between Paul Muad'dib Atreides and Feyd Harkonnen is especially well done, and Alia is as creepy and demented as she should be. the actors really portray their characters well, and the special effects team did a good job on the blue-on-blue glowy eyes on the Fremen.

Sticks

Gangs of New York - not that bad for having Leonardo in it...

Grade - B+

Chicago - very good, loved the music!

Grade - A

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - kind of confuzing...boring in parts

Grade - C

Uptown Girls - Too predictable...i'm not into chick flicks either...

Grade - C

Roethlisberger

Chicago:

Insanely overrated. Should never have won BP. Very well made, however.

Grade: B-

--------------

Adaptation:

Hilariously confusing. I bet the book wasn't like this. (My parents know the real Susan Orlean)

--------------------

Monty Python's Meaning of Life:

One of the funniest movies ever made! Offends basically everone. Not for the faint of heart or the easily offended. Definitely the best gross-out comedy ever!

Best Part: Meaning of Life, Part V: Live Organ Transplants

Edited by Sidewinder

Radioactive Isotope

Chicago:

a PG-13 that probably should have been an R. great music and dance numbers, but the storyline was kinda lame. both Catherine Zeta Jones and Rene Zellwager (sp?) did an excellent job with all the dancing involved and are both phenominal actresses.

Grade: B

Roethlisberger

The His Dark Materials triliogy, by Philip Pullman:

Book 1: Northern Lights: A great start! The characters are among the most interesting that I've ver read. A great start.

Book 2: The Subtle Knife: Even better. This is now officially the best sci/fi fantasy book series since LOTR (even better than the SW books, but not the OT)! The series gets better as it goes along.

Book 3: The Amber Spyglass: Still reading it...

Ender

The DragonCrown War Cycle by Michael A. Stackpole

The Dark Glory War- Takes place 25 years before the rest of the series. It introduces Tarrant Hawkins, a main player in the series, and accounts his adventures in his "Moon Month" and beyond. Also introduces Chytrine, the evil Sorceress of the North. Amazing storyline, one of, if not the best, storylines since SW or LotR.

Fortress Draconis- 25 years after Tarrant Hawkins was exiled, Chytrine begins to invade the South once again. New heroes appear, and new villains. This is all because 25 years ago the kings and queens of the South refused to follow a crippled Chytrine into the North and vanquish her. (Remind anyone of Vietnam and Bill Clinton's exploits?) Better than DGW.

When Dragons Rage- The DragonCrown plot begins to come into view, and explains Chytrine's desire to remake it. Introduces the dragons, and their own agendas. Includes some crazy plot twists. Very good for a bridge book.

The Grand Crusade- Three words- Oh. My. God. This is one of the best books I have ever read. Stackpole really outdoes himself with this one. Yes, it leaves even the X-wing books FAR behind. All is finally explained, and everything is at stake for the South. More plot twists. I found myself not wanting it to end.

Grade: A+++

Ender

I just have to say this...

The Golden Globes:

Stupidest thing anybody said: Meryl Streep couldn't resist injecting a little Leftist politics with a jab at George W. Bush for including in his State of the Union message a call for American athletics to clean up its act and get rid of steroids. First, Ms. Streep, only stupid people could think that this was one of the two main points in the State of the Union address. Second, only people with their heads in the sand or their hearts totally involved in their own mirror could ridicule an effort to stop kids from poisoning themselves and wrecking their bodies in order to compete in athletics.

Roethlisberger

She might've said something stupid, but the Globes were relativley politics-free (even Tim Robbins didn't mention anything.) Streep may have said something stupid, but she is the best actress alive so I don't really care.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.