Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Miscellaneous Games

Ender

*Jaw drops*

chozen

The game sounds too easy.. precise laser lock on missiles.. eh it'll turn into luck not skill. tho tbh the battlefield games don't require a lot of skill, where games such as CoD do.

Bushy

Well think about it. You got an enemy tank in the street of some city, ravaging all your troops. You can't get any antitank soldiers near it. And the city is too cluttered for a precise airstrike. So that's where the laser aiming system would come in useful. A ground soldier with a good vantage point of the target could guide the missile himself. All the pilot's gotta do is launch it.

And don't even get me started on sniping comparisons between CoD and BF :p

Edited by Bushy

chozen

also.. tanks will have the same weapons, then again so would troops.. well.. kind of.. i dunno.. it'll be a good game but possibly too easy.

similarity..... the weapon. :p

difference..... skill

Bushy

Well, you also gotta remember that the Battlefield games focus on the fun factor, while presenting an awesome looking game. They are in no way realistic. The only remotely realistic thing about any of the Battlefield games is the sniping, and that's still lacking.

chozen

yep... totally.

wonder what weapons the engineers would have..

Bushy

I'm willing to bet it's some type of Remmington shotgun. That is, if the classes are even laid out the same way they are in '42...

chozen

yeah.. they might be different.. i'm guessing it will be an m16.. simply because it's used a lot by the US military.

Bushy

Yeah, but you know how BF is. The "Infantry" or "Assault" class gets the classic weapon, in this case an M-16. One would assume that the setup would be similar to that of Desert Combat. I mean, the DC team is working on BF2, aren't they? (I heard that they were hired by Dice to help develop BF2, but that's all I heard).

chozen

possibly... depends on what kind of infantry.. well ... no not really.. but you'd assume if they were crack assault troops they'd have m6/m4 s.. but if they're grunts then.. m16.

one things for sure.. the assault M.E.C assault troops will have AKs.

CorSec

I think I heard the same thing about the DC team there Bushy...dunno where

CorSec

Anyway. Played Spidey-man 2. Reasonably fun. I can see the actual missions becoming repetitive, but I enjoy finding inane amounts of useless doo-hickeys spread across grand maps. And the swinging and running and jumping physics make it all the cooler. I could swing around for hours.

Andy

Got Doom3 ... just played a littlew bit of it... Now I have to go to bed. :(

*checks for monsters*

GI_Admiral

Thief 3 = sweeeet

chozen

indeed..

thief 2 = sweet

CorSec

Curse beeurd and his playing of Doom 3. And his computer. And whatnot

Andy

:twisted:

Ender

Doom 3 is kickass... those flying head things are creepy.

chozen

I can't believe everyones like: can your compy handle it.. look at those heads.. they look like sith.. if my comp can't handle that then i better go upgrade to a gameboy.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.