Princess 35 Posted May 19, 2009 http://deadspin.com/5259123/adam-burish-su...itation-attempt Shouldn't they have neck guards or something? Players hate them. Youth players are required to wear them and they're only about an inch wide. Not that much protection really Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 19, 2009 My prediction is a 'Canes/Wings Cup. With the Wings in 7. As horrible as I feel about saying that, I think that's the way it's gonna go down. Though, I think Carolina is the one team that can beat Detroit. As long as they can bring their "A" game, and not give em a chance like they did Boston. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 19, 2009 I knew you'd see it my way hon Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 19, 2009 (edited) It's not about seeing it "your" way. I'm an educated hockey fan. :p Edited May 19, 2009 by Du Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 19, 2009 Damn pittsburgh. I want this series to go back south!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 19, 2009 It will. In game 3. And, really, I'm proud of how they played. Yeah, they lost, but Crosby was held to only 2 shots on goal, one assist, and those were all in the third period. We just have to figure out how to neutralize Malkin and the rest. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 21, 2009 I wanted it to go back after game 1. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 21, 2009 That's not how it works. I just hope we play okay without having Ruutu... or even Cole. Rumor is Cole might play, but both are game-time decisions... and Ruutu didn't practice. Argh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 22, 2009 DU, YOU DIDN'T CHEER HARD ENOUGH! :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 Yea it is. I am so sick of this ewokin league. I do not believe in coincidence. These ewokers want another final with the same two teams, so ewokin crosby can have another chance to get his name on the Cup. What a bunch of s***. Every single penguins game I've watched this year, I've seen refs make calls to help them out, even if it's just a little bit. You can't tell me that just changing coaches has gotten the penguins here. What does that say about the players? They're not going to play under certain people? Please. They have help from the league. ewokin bulls***. And come on, like Chicago ever had a snowballs chance in hell to beat Detroit. I hope Detroit takes the Cup in 4 and sweeps the ewok outta pittsburgh. Yea. I said it. You know I'm mad when I want my teams arch rival to win, again, for the 2nd year in a row. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Brumak 2 Posted May 22, 2009 :eek: *marks this day on the calendar* Yah that last little comment definitely surprises me...considering how you glared at me whenever I was supporting the Wings in the least :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 I live near pittsburgh now, I hate them more. Seeing all these b******s runnin' around in their pens jerseys. Half these fools prolly don't know what number Mario was when he played. Like the Super Bowl isn't enough for this goddamned city. OV is a better hockey player than crosby, get over it!!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Brumak 2 Posted May 22, 2009 Seems like the NHL is turning more political like the NFL...saddening. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 At least Goodell knows how to run the NFL. gary bettman is a ewokin idiot. Where's Prinny at to back me up?! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 22, 2009 Amen! You know you get over 87,000 hits when you search for Fire Gary Bettman on Google? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 What's sad is the fact that he could be ousted, but all the owners have to agree. Pretty pathetic when the owners of these teams give more of a s*** about bettman's ability to increase their bottom line than about the game. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 22, 2009 Let the fans start getting disgusted and we'll see what happens Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 It should be the fans that have controlling majority in a league that exists because of US. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Brumak 2 Posted May 22, 2009 Or maybe if it stayed Canadian without US influence it wouldn't be so hell bent on conforming to bs regulations :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 22, 2009 Well and the penalties are just BS. Call a weak hold but don't call the blatant crosschecks? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 22, 2009 Oh yeah. I'm not even sure that Nick Lidstrom had been in the penalty box twice all season before Tuesday Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 22, 2009 I live near pittsburgh now, I hate them more. Seeing all these b******s runnin' around in their pens jerseys. Half these fools prolly don't know what number Mario was when he played. Like the Super Bowl isn't enough for this goddamned city. OV is a better hockey player than crosby, get over it!!!! I even know his number. I agree about the penalties, though. I mean, yeah, I'm glad Walker won the series for us, and I didn't actually see the punch, but from what I'm hearing, he should have gotten something. And Cooke for his hit on Cole in game 1 with the Pens. Oh, well. In other news, my dad got me a 'Canes jersey T-shirt. With a pretty number 12 on it. :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 22, 2009 I can't believe that Babcock isn't starting Chelios. Article here. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 22, 2009 (edited) Boo-hoo. I just hope I'm home in time on Sat. to watch the game. And I really hope we don't go down 3-0. :/ This article gave me warm fuzzies, though. Hey, DU, I've been wondering... what are your thoughts on the rumors of Roy coaching the Avs? Edited May 22, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites