Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

My prediction is a 'Canes/Wings Cup. With the Wings in 7. As horrible as I feel about saying that, I think that's the way it's gonna go down. Though, I think Carolina is the one team that can beat Detroit. As long as they can bring their "A" game, and not give em a chance like they did Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I knew you'd see it my way hon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It's not about seeing it "your" way. ;)

I'm an educated hockey fan. :p

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Damn pittsburgh. I want this series to go back south!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

It will. In game 3. :p

And, really, I'm proud of how they played. Yeah, they lost, but Crosby was held to only 2 shots on goal, one assist, and those were all in the third period.

We just have to figure out how to neutralize Malkin and the rest. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I wanted it to go back after game 1. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

That's not how it works. :p

I just hope we play okay without having Ruutu... or even Cole. Rumor is Cole might play, but both are game-time decisions... and Ruutu didn't practice.

Argh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

DU, YOU DIDN'T CHEER HARD ENOUGH!

:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea it is.

I am so sick of this ewokin league. I do not believe in coincidence. These ewokers want another final with the same two teams, so ewokin crosby can have another chance to get his name on the Cup. What a bunch of s***. Every single penguins game I've watched this year, I've seen refs make calls to help them out, even if it's just a little bit. You can't tell me that just changing coaches has gotten the penguins here. What does that say about the players? They're not going to play under certain people? Please. They have help from the league. ewokin bulls***.

And come on, like Chicago ever had a snowballs chance in hell to beat Detroit. I hope Detroit takes the Cup in 4 and sweeps the ewok outta pittsburgh. Yea. I said it. You know I'm mad when I want my teams arch rival to win, again, for the 2nd year in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

:eek:

*marks this day on the calendar*

Yah that last little comment definitely surprises me...considering how you glared at me whenever I was supporting the Wings in the least :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I live near pittsburgh now, I hate them more. Seeing all these b******s runnin' around in their pens jerseys. Half these fools prolly don't know what number Mario was when he played. Like the Super Bowl isn't enough for this goddamned city. OV is a better hockey player than crosby, get over it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

Seems like the NHL is turning more political like the NFL...saddening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

At least Goodell knows how to run the NFL. gary bettman is a ewokin idiot. Where's Prinny at to back me up?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Amen! You know you get over 87,000 hits when you search for Fire Gary Bettman on Google?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

What's sad is the fact that he could be ousted, but all the owners have to agree. Pretty pathetic when the owners of these teams give more of a s*** about bettman's ability to increase their bottom line than about the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Let the fans start getting disgusted and we'll see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It should be the fans that have controlling majority in a league that exists because of US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

Or maybe if it stayed Canadian without US influence it wouldn't be so hell bent on conforming to bs regulations :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Well and the penalties are just BS. Call a weak hold but don't call the blatant crosschecks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

Gotta love that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Oh yeah. I'm not even sure that Nick Lidstrom had been in the penalty box twice all season before Tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I live near pittsburgh now, I hate them more. Seeing all these b******s runnin' around in their pens jerseys. Half these fools prolly don't know what number Mario was when he played. Like the Super Bowl isn't enough for this goddamned city. OV is a better hockey player than crosby, get over it!!!!

I even know his number. :p

I agree about the penalties, though. I mean, yeah, I'm glad Walker won the series for us, and I didn't actually see the punch, but from what I'm hearing, he should have gotten something.

And Cooke for his hit on Cole in game 1 with the Pens.

Oh, well.

In other news, my dad got me a 'Canes jersey T-shirt. :D With a pretty number 12 on it. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I can't believe that Babcock isn't starting Chelios. Article here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Boo-hoo. :p

I just hope I'm home in time on Sat. to watch the game. And I really hope we don't go down 3-0. :/

This article gave me warm fuzzies, though.

Hey, DU, I've been wondering... what are your thoughts on the rumors of Roy coaching the Avs?

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.