Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi is the final episode of the original Star Wars trilogy. Early trailers and promotion material refer to the original title of Revenge of the Jedi.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the JediTimeline: 4 ABY Official Canon Movie Rating:
- Director: Richard Marquand
- Screenplay: George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan
- Soundtrack: John Williams
- Producer: Howard Kazanjian
- Release date: 05/25/1983
- Runtime: 131 minutes
- MPAA rating: PG-13
- BBFC rating: U
- Part of: The Skywalker Saga
- Preceeded by: Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
- Followed by: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Luke Skywalker has returned to his home planet of Tatooine in an attempt to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt.
Little does Luke know that the GALACTIC EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded Death Star.
When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of rebels struggling to restore freedom to the galaxy...
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo
- Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
- Anthony Daniels as C-3P0
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
- Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine
- Frank Oz as Yoda
- James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vader
- David Prowse as Darth Vader
- Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Sebastian Shaw as Anakin Skywalker