Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

To War or Not to War?

Should the world go to war against Iraq?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Andy

I doubt ALL of it is... although I would not be the least bit surprised if the election was rigged someway.

Pandora

You are right, not ALL of it is...

His highest officers are given an option... support and be praised (and live), or don't and be convicted of treason. *shrugs* Let's not go into what traitors get.

Bad furday

It's really a pity that we have to launch a full scale war just to eliminate one man.

I think it would have been more effective to sneak in real quiet like and assassinate him, and then escape, leaving the Iraqis shocked to find their tyrannical tyrant dead.

But maybe that's against our constitution....

Pandora

Not only is it against our constitution, Furday, but it's impossible. When (not if) that ONE man fails, what then? Do we send another to his death? And then another? At least with a military strike, there is a much greater chance of success. Don't forget most ground strikes will be preceded by air strikes. The E bomb is going to see some action soon, methinks.

Bad furday

Ah yes...i forgot about bombs.... well ok then!

GI_Admiral

Very bad news...And since pod said i was out of my mind...i think shes out of her mind if shes supports these...

Pandora

I'm all for weapons. You break international law, you pay the price.

Master MJade

He might be the enemy, yet the Iraqi people elected him.

they elected him b4 ne of us were born....

and at the time he prolly sounded like a good leader....but willl so did Palpatine

Wyld_Knight

Notice how those of us with either parents in the military or near a military base, or grew up with uncles that fought in the Gulf War *raises a hand* are all for the war.

Hmm, well, my home (not where I live now but thats not the point) is a nice 10 miles or so from Helensborough, where the UK and US stores some of those lovely nuclear subs they're so fond of. *Doesn't raise her hand* This whole situation disgusts me, although I may joke about it.

I'm all for weapons. You break international law, you pay the price.

What is international law? And what are the sanctions? The western powers are making it all up as they go along, to fit in with their own politics and interests. International law is inefficient, and a poor justification for the current antics of the west.

Andy

I think it's pretty ironic that the democratic world is trying to force democracy onto nations who use a different governmental system.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of democracy?

Link

depends on your definition of democrat really