• Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Boba: a Star Wars Story

Mara

So it's been confirmed, per THR:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-boba-fett-movie-is-happening-james-mangold-direct-1113273

And a million fanboys lost their minds.

Now I suppose it's speculation time... Time period? Casting Boba?  And will this be one of the other films Alden has signed on to play  Han in?

Do you want to see what he was up to pre-ANH? Or perhaps, have Disney rescue him from the sarlacc ala the Legends/EU and do something post-ROTJ?

Bring Temuera back?

Dun dun dun...

Andy

Hmm, I know it's been widely rumoured that a Boba Fett film would be coming but I'll take this with a pinch of salt I think.

Now, if they wanted to do a Solo sequel with Boba Fett in, I'm up for that! 👍

Mara
Posted (edited)

Welll.....   while trolling the internet for Solo Easter Eggs vids/articles, I came across one theory that the Solo, Boba, and Obi-Wan films are going to be some kind of loose trilogy leading up to something else.

Farfetched? Maybe.

I do think it would be cool of the Boba film focused on a few of the bounty hunters and not just Boba. Bring in Dengar, Bossk, IG-88. 

Edited by Mara

Andy

They did mention Bossk in Solo, so that'd be interesting.

Mara

I suppose it all depends on what time period it's set in.

Andy

Ugh, this is all due to the poor performance of Solo, which I believe we just down to the timing of the release and the other big releases it was competing against.

Mara

That and supposed Last Jedi haters/boycotters.

But I'm honestly not bothered by the cancellation.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Untitled Cassian Andor live-action series

So it looks like the new Disney streaming service (creatively named Disney+) will be adding a second live-action Star Wars show to its lineup.
      Joining the in-production The Mandalorian will be a series focusing on Rogue One's Cassian Andor. (So obviously this is a prequel).
      https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

Having sort of a SW spy thriller sounds like it could have good potential.  Plus there is the possibility of more K-2/Alan Tudyk. So I'M IN.
    • Star Wars - Resistance

Just wondering if anyone watched (the premiere was Monday night on the Disney Channel; I haven't had a chance to see it yet myself) or is planning on watching?
      I know it's getting a lot of negative fan feedback because it's a "kids' show".  (Though it is strange it's on at 10 pm.) But come on, it's not like the rest of SW is all mature adult stuff.
      Or for the anime style. But I think it's kind of refreshing, to be honest, sets it apart from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Anyway, here is the link to the StarWars.com page.
      And a couple trailers.

I admit, when it was first announced, I was on the fence about it. Being a different animation style I'm used to. (Which is silly).
      But then I realized, heck, it's Star Wars, I know I'm gonna watch it anyways.
    • The Mandolorian live action TV show revealed

The Mandalorian has been revealed as the first live-action Star Wars television series, and is now currently in production by Lucasfilm. It will be released exclusivley via Disney's own streaming service.
      The Mandalorian is set three years after the events of Return of the Jedi and the apparent death of the infamous Mandalorian bounty hunter, Boba Fett. Through the series we will follow the exploits of a lone gunfighter in the outer rim of the galaxy, far from the centre of power of the fledgling New Republic.
      The series will be written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 Marvel movies. He is no stranger to Star Wars, having lent his voice to characters in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Solo: A Star Wars Story.
      Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) will be directing the first episode, with other announced episode direcots including Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). 
      Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson join Jon Favreau as executive producers, and Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer.

• The Weird and Wonderful names of Star Wars

A promotional tie-in for Solo: A Star Wars Story has introduced us to some great new characters we can expect to see, including the fantastically monickered Therm Scissorpunch, a crustacean-like alien with huge lobster claws for hands.
      But despite being derided as the dumbest name in Star Wars, Therm Scissorpunch is actually quite in-keeping with tradition if you only look a little.

First up is everybody's favourite death stick dealer: Elan Sleazebaggano frequented the clubs of Coruscant before he left to rethink his life in Attack of the Clones. Although later retconned to Sel’Sabagno, Sleazebaggano is typical of the tongue-in-cheek naming convention we often see with background characters in Star Wars.
      Did you ever hear the tragedy of Notluwiski Papanoida? This background character appears in Revenge of the Sith in the corridors of the theatre. The name Notluwiski isn't too bad until you realise who the actor is: it's a cameo by George Lucas.
      Sith names also seem to be chosen for their thinly veiled meanings. Darth Maul was trained to be a weapon, and was named after one. Sidious has an unavoidable similarity to the word “insidious”, which means to act in a subtle but harmful way; much like how Palpatine chips away at the old Republic. Even Plagueis has connotations of ill intent.

In The Clone Wars animated series, Count Dooku takes a secret apprentice with the not too subtle name of Savage Opress. There are no prizes for guessing what his endgame is.
      It would be easy to see these seemingly ridiculous names as a feature of modern Star Wars movies, but they are present in the classic Star Wars trilogy too.

Return of the Jedi is full of interesting characters, like the elephant-like Ephant Mon, Droopy McCool of the Max Reebo band, and let's not forget Jabba the Hutt’s jester Salacious B Crumb. And if individual characters aren't enough for you you could always speak to Admiral Akbar, a member of the aquatic Mon Calamari species.
      Perhaps Starkiller was a bit too on-the-nose for the boy who destroys the Death Star, but these other names do make you wonder why they bothered to change it to Skywalker!

We eagerly await the release of Therm Scissorpunch: A Star Wars Story.

In the meantime, Solo: A Star Wars Story debuts on 25 May 2018 in the US and 24 May in the UK.

• Star Wars Movie Release Schedule

Lucasfilm and Disney have big plans to continue the saga across all forms of media, but for many of us it is these blockbuster hits that are the most anticipated.
      This list will be updated regularly to show details of the upcoming instalments of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.
      Last update: March 2018.

25 May 2018 - Solo: A Star Wars Story
      Directors: Ron Howard
      Starring: Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Joonas Suotamo, Michael K Williams, Ian Kenny.
      Summary: The story will focus on the early career of Han Solo, with Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca also appearing. Woody Harrelson appears in a mentoring role. Filming began in January 2017 at Pinewood Studios, UK.
      Watch the official trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story.

20 Dec 2019 - Star Wars: Episode IX
      Director: JJ Abrams
      Starring: To be confirmed
      Summary: Episode IX will continue the main saga from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and will likely conclude the story arc of the sequel trilogy. It is expected that there will be a period of time that has passed since the end of the previous film.

2020 - A Star Wars Story
      Director: To be confirmed
      Synopsis: This project was once rumoured to be based on the story of fan-favourite bounty hunter Boba Fett, and was previously assigned to Josh Trank to direct. More recent rumours favour an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off, which Ewan McGregor has stated he would be happy to reprise his role for.

Unknown - New Star Wars Trilogy
      Director: Rian Johnson
      Synopsis: Shortly before the release of The Last Jedi it was announced that director Rian Johnson would be working on a new trilogy of Star Wars films that were separate from the main episodic saga. It is speculated that this will pick up on some of the themes introduced in The Last Jedi and follow a new group of young Force users.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.