Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

GB's 15th birthday!

Andy

When I was chatting with friends and we came up with the idea to make a new Star Wars fan site, I had no idea that Galactic Basic would still going fifteen years later.

At around the same time I coincidentally bumped into the Psychopathic Jedi on the official Star Wars message boards, and this chance meeting would be influential in shaping GB in those early years.

Fifteen years is a big milestone for any website, but we couldn't have done it without you, the members.

So on this anniversary I just want to say: Here's to you, and thank you for joining us on this journey. :)

• Upvote 1

Mirax

Huge congratulations, Andy! Here's to another 15 years. :alcho:

• Upvote 2

k.a.mara

Happy Birthday!

and thank you Andy for creating and keeping active this site for so long. It is greatly appreciated. :alcho:

• Upvote 2

Ana

Happy birthday GB!

Thank you, B, for creating this marvelous haven of Star Warsy craziness. I literally cannot imagine what my life would have been like without this place in it.

:cheers: :beer:

• Upvote 2

Andy

I was 18 when GB launched, so this place has been with me for my entire adult life.

Although times have occasionally been tough I can't imagine letting GB go any time soon, and even though people come and go I like to think that this place is always on standby, just in case. Assuming the internet is still a thing in another 15 years time, I will do my best to keep it here. :p

Uncle Du

Cannot believe that it's been 15 years.  Seems like a life time ago! 

I gotta say, it's actually really cool that no matter what happens, or how many years go by, GB has been here, no matter what.  Thanks for giving us such an amazing spot on the web Andy!  :D

Mara

Wahoo!!

I know I haven't been here since the beginning, but for most of that time... and I have to say, I've always appreciated this place. Other sites have come and gone (including my own) but GB has always been here if I wanted to chat or talk about Star Wars or anything else. With a great group of people I consider my friends. :)

*parties*

/ late 'cause my 'internet was being stupid

Edited by Mara

Wyld_Knight

Stang! My last post on GB was on 20 December 2003 :eek:

Happy birthday/wedding day/new baby/new house/new job/whatever else happened to you all in the past 13 years....

• Upvote 1

Andy
On 15/02/2017 at 10:05 AM, Wyld_Knight said:

Stang! My last post on GB was on 20 December 2003 :eek:

I'm sorry, who are you?

Bwaha just kidding, nice to see you, hope you've been keeping well! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.