Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

In case you somehow missed hearing about it, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Then is the new film set in the Harry Potter universe, focusing on the exploits of magizoologist Newt Scamander in 1926 New York.

We went the other day and thought it was pretty neat.

I loved the aesthetic of the US-based magical community, and it was cool to see little hints of how it ties in to the Harry Potter series set some 70 years later.

It's planned as a series so I am sure we are going to be hearing much more about it.

Anybody else seen it?

Edited by Andy

k.a.mara

Just saw this last Monday, loved it.

Thought the U.S. based community was a bit quick to pass harsh judgements, but my son brought up the fact about the Salem witch hunts and realized that's probably why.

Loved the fact that it had a few surprises when you least expected them. (wasn't always predictable)

Can't wait for the next film in the series!  :)

Andy

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had gone in without seeing any real spoilers (which is rare for me!) and really enjoyed watching the story unfold without knowing how it would turn up.

With the amount of focus they put on Grindlewald, I imagine that more famous names such as Dumbledore will make an appearance in future films. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.