Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Zeb from Star Wars: Rebels revealed!

Andy

Zeb is the latest Rebels character to be revealed for Disney's upcoming animated series.Zeb Orrelios has been described as "the muscle" of the crew of the Ghost, and will be voiced by veteran anime and video game voice actor Steve Blum.

Blum spoke to IGN about his reaction to being cast in Star Wars: Rebels.

"I think I actually screamed when I was booked to play Zeb. It is literally a role of a lifetime. I've been lucky enough to play some major superhero roles in my career, but to be given the chance to play a newcharacter in a Star Wars series? Brain explosion. As if working on a Star Wars series - in any capacity - wasn't enough to cause a grown man to squee, Zeb challenges every acting skill in my arsenal and beyond. His character design is amazing. I get to vocally take on ape-like physical power and abilities, a wicked sense of humor, intelligence and integrity, and so much more that I can't yet reveal. The attention to detail from the entire production team is inspiring. Every bit of minutia is carefully crafted to satisfy the most discerning fan of the franchise. I'm humbled and honored to be a part of the Rebels crew. I promise I will dig as deep as I'm allowed to give you guys the performance I would hope for as a fan. Get ready, guys. You're in for one helluva ride."

Blum adds Rebels to his extensive list of voice credits, which includes everything from Cowboy Bebop to Wolverine and the X-Men, and even several other Star Wars titles including Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and The Force Unleashed.

Zeb's species is so far unknown, but is based on the original Ralph McQuarrie concept art for Chewbacca.

Click here to view the article

Bad furday

It's interesting to see that he's based on an old McQuarrie concept for Chewbacca.  Some folks online had wondered if he was really a Wookiee that had shaved off everything except his goatee  and mutton chops. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.