• Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ana

Quite possibly the best fantasy writer since Tolkien.

I love love love his work. Also, his style, with each chapter being in the point of view of a different person. The storylines and family ties are difficult to keep straight sometimes but it's so worth it because the tale that unfolds is so rich and multidimensional. He's not afraid to kill off your favorite characters; luckily, you probably end up having about seven favorites, so if he kills off three you've still got some left.

I desperately want the next book now Now NOW.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags; Merged with Newer Topic

Chris/Tauntaun13

It's epic. It's gargantuan. It's exhilarating. It's dazzling. It's...

*Foams at the mouth and falls over backwards*

Ummm, what was I saying? Oh, yes. Whatever way you put it, it's a classic.

Ana

Who are your favorite characters?

Chris/Tauntaun13

Hm, well Tyrion (cliche, but he does provide the majority of comic relief that is needed in such a heavy book) and Brienne (I like her stubborness) from the POVs and probably Sandor from the secondary characters. But I try to not get attached to anyone in particular, since as you know they might be dead on the next page :p Oh and I also "love to hate" Cersei.

Ana

I like Tyrion, Brienne, Daenerys, Bran, Sansa, and Jon for the main characters, and Mance Rayder and Podrick Payne from the small guys.

Princess

Discuss the epic series in here. Please use spoiler tags for discussion of A Dance with Dragons since that is still in hardcover.

I love this series. I think that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of who's alive and dead though.

I was very disappointed in Jon Snow's "death" at the end of A Dance with Dragons though

:(

Andy

Anybody know when the next book is due out? I'll have forgotten everything by the time I get to it at this rate!

Princess

I don't know.  I know there's a meme out there that every time someone asks Martin when the next book is out that he kills another Stark

Princess

Nah.  He'll just have a nerfherder pop up from somewhere, get us all to love the character and hten kill the person in the most grisly and surprising way possible

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Miltos Yerolemou Joins Episode VII Cast

The BBC is reporting that Miltos Yerolemou has joined the cast for Episode VII in what appears to be a relatively minor role. One of Yerolemou's better known, recent roles is of the Braavosi swordsman Syrio Forel on Game of Thrones. Yerolemou's swordfighting abilities has led to speculation that he will have some sort of involvement with lightsabers, though nothing has been confirmed Yerolemou is actually the second Game of Thrones cast member to join the cast of Episode VII. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) has previously been announced.

Click here to view the article
    • Miltos Yerolemou Joins Episode VII Cast

The BBC is reporting that Miltos Yerolemou has joined the cast for Episode VII in what appears to be a relatively minor role. One of Yerolemou's better known, recent roles is of the Braavosi swordsman Syrio Forel on Game of Thrones. Yerolemou's swordfighting abilities has led to speculation that he will have some sort of involvement with lightsabers, though nothing has been confirmed Yerolemou is actually the second Game of Thrones cast member to join the cast of Episode VII. Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) has previously been announced.
    • Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge

<span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>Times are desperate for the Rebel Alliance. Harassment by the Empire and a shortage of vital supplies are hindering completion of a new secret base on the ice planet Hoth. So when Mid Rim merchants offer much-needed materials for sale, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo lead an Alliance delegation to negotiate a deal.</span></span></span></span><span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>But when treachery forces the rebel ship to flee into territory controlled by pirates, Leia makes a shocking discovery: the fierce marauders come from Leia’s homeworld of Alderaan, recently destroyed by the Death Star. These refugees have turned to pillaging and plundering to survive—and they are in debt to a pirate armada, which will gladly ransom the princess to the vengeful Empire . . . if they find out her true identity.</span></span></span></span><span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>Struggling with intense feelings of guilt, loyalty, and betrayal, Leia is determined to help her wayward kinspeople, even as Imperial forces are closing in on her own crippled ship. Trapped between lethal cutthroats and brutal oppressors, Leia and Han, along with Luke, Chewbacca, and a battle-ready crew, must defy death—or embrace it—to keep the rebellion alive.</span></span></span></span>
    • News: Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge

New novel set to be released September 24<span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>Times are desperate for the Rebel Alliance. Harassment by the Empire and a shortage of vital supplies are hindering completion of a new secret base on the ice planet Hoth. So when Mid Rim merchants offer much-needed materials for sale, Princess Leia Organa and Han Solo lead an Alliance delegation to negotiate a deal.</span></span></span></span><span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>But when treachery forces the rebel ship to flee into territory controlled by pirates, Leia makes a shocking discovery: the fierce marauders come from Leia’s homeworld of Alderaan, recently destroyed by the Death Star. These refugees have turned to pillaging and plundering to survive—and they are in debt to a pirate armada, which will gladly ransom the princess to the vengeful Empire . . . if they find out her true identity.</span></span></span></span><span style='color: rgb(0,0,0)'><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='font-size: 12px;'><br /><span style='font-size: 14px;'>Struggling with intense feelings of guilt, loyalty, and betrayal, Leia is determined to help her wayward kinspeople, even as Imperial forces are closing in on her own crippled ship. Trapped between lethal cutthroats and brutal oppressors, Leia and Han, along with Luke, Chewbacca, and a battle-ready crew, must defy death—or embrace it—to keep the rebellion alive.</span></span></span></span>

Click here to view the article
    • Star Wars Reads Day 2013

“Reading and Star Wars have gone hand-in-hand since 1976, when the novelization of the original Star Wars movie was released. Over the years, many fans have discovered the joy in reading through Star Wars books, and we hope to continue encouraging more people to read.”
      - Lucasfilm director of publishing Carol Roeder

Today was the second annual Star Wars Reads Day across the US and book stores and libraries across the world were celebrating. Costumed volunteers and members of the 501st Legion were out in force at different book stores and libraries adding to the experiences of visitors of all ages. Along with bookstores like Barnes and Noble and Books-A-Million, publishing partners like Abrams, Chronicle Books, Dark Horse, Del Rey, DK, Quirk Books, Random House Audio, Scholastic, Titan Magazines, and Workman also participated by providing materials.

Activities at many locations included artists, costume contests, trivia, giveaways, and book sales. As a rule, Star Wars Reads Day must be a free and public event, since Lucasfilm has had a strong connection with books from the time of the first Star Wars novelization in 1976. Along with the donated time, many of the locations hosting Star Wars Reads Day donate to different charities.

In its second year, the event has grown more than 67%, and doesn't look like it's going to be slowing down anytime soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.