Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Jon-Michael

What do you do?

Radioactive Isotope

I didn't think there was such thing as "too evil" when it comes to test questions.

Pandora

I mean, this class already has a 50% fail rate, historically.

Princess

We just took a test as a class and we all got 97s except one person who disagreed on one question and she got a 99

Andy

So part of my TA job is picking exam questions from the textbook test bank. I might be too evil for this job.

What does TA stand for? All I can think of is Territorial Army. :p

Pandora

Teaching Assistant

Andy

Oh, that works too. :p

Pandora

Yup.

I felt like a Jedi yesterday... I caught a kid on facebook in class. I was sitting several rows behind him, he had his laptop out, and he's normally very studious (except that one day he fell asleep), but the ONE TIME he can't resist the urge to check facebook, I seemingly appeared from nowhere in front of him and told him sternly to shut the computer and put it away and don't bring it back (as stated in the class rules). I fade back to my seat, looking around to see if anyone else wants some wrath. I'm sitting there, vaguely proud of myself, and see Mr. Facebook's friend ask him what happened (it was THAT fast) :D and the offender replies (with a sheepish, rather contrite nervous smile) "I was on facebook." I actually laughed maniacally to myself.

Tsl

Yup.

I felt like a Jedi yesterday... I caught a kid on facebook in class. I was sitting several rows behind him, he had his laptop out, and he's normally very studious (except that one day he fell asleep), but the ONE TIME he can't resist the urge to check facebook, I seemingly appeared from nowhere in front of him and told him sternly to shut the computer and put it away and don't bring it back (as stated in the class rules). I fade back to my seat, looking around to see if anyone else wants some wrath. I'm sitting there, vaguely proud of myself, and see Mr. Facebook's friend ask him what happened (it was THAT fast) :D and the offender replies (with a sheepish, rather contrite nervous smile) "I was on facebook." I actually laughed maniacally to myself.

I thought that was the point of bringing a laptop to class....that's why I bring mine! Listening to evil Dr. Soandso drivel on about APN practice when she hasn't touched a patient in 40 years...gimme a break!

Pandora

Yes, but these are undergrads. They have no freedom.

Tsl

Yes, but these are undergrads. They have no freedom.

Oh. Well, in that case. Crush them! Crush them with the shiny, iron fist of grad student superiority! Bwahahahaha!! :evil:

Pandora

Oh. I do. :evil:

Princess

Half her days she's telling me how she wants to keel them all

Radioactive Isotope

And the other half she's asking if you have room in your yard for the bodies? :p

Pandora

No. I know where there is a crematorium. And my car has a large trunk.

Just ran off their next exams... environmentalists will die: (2 test forms X 120 tests per form X 4 pages-front and back-per test) + 16 pages of the two originals + 8 pages for the sample copies to proofread = 984 pieces of paper.

The Amazon weeps for this class.

Edited by Pandora

Tsl

I miss paper tests. This newfangled computerized testing is for the birds. :(

Pandora

I would love it. I am an insanely good at monitoring people's computer screens.

Andy

I'm thinking of going to university... I've been out of work for 9 months already, so I can't think of any worse ideas than getting horribly in debt right now! :p

Not 100% sure what I'd do, mind you. Maybe marketing or something, but I've been told it's horrendously boring.

Edited by beeurd

Ayingel

You could do some web design or programming. My friend just graduated and has had several job offers.

Pandora

Yeah, get paid to do what you do for fun.

Sticks

Army Intel Staff Officer...aka a glorified fortune teller :p

Princess

Wait? Sticks in Intelligence? And she gets to carry a weapon?

God help us!

Bad furday

So it'll be more F Troop and less Hogan's Heros :p

TheUnknown

Whoa, whoa! Sticks has been given access to a gun. Pod is teaching psychology. My cynical ass is teaching government. What's next? Furday being head of security at a brothel? Chicken becoming a motivational speaker? JM becoming an abstinence-only educator?

TheUnknown

I should clarify that I don't mean we're necessarily the blind leading the blind, but we're leading the blind into a closed door and laughing our asses off about it.

Radioactive Isotope

JM becoming an abstinence-only educator?

Well, I am teaching the 8-9 year old Sunday School class. I'm sure there's a lesson about that somewhere in my manual. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.