Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ayingel

The Inebriation Station

James the Defender

I spent 5 years in college (3 in a University). I have my Associates and Bachelors. I graduated last year...and I work at a convenience store. The bottom dropped out in the teaching market in NJ. I now have 3 years of college debt--since my County College was paid for--and nothing to show for it but a piece of paper that says I worked my butt off for three years with no discernible future. I can just read my headstone: "He worked for 3 years in a University to attain a piece of paper...but he took some really cool classes :p"

Yes, my headstone would have a tongue face :p

But I'm sure your degree is in something more marketable than mine, so you'll be alright.

Edited by James the Defender

Ladysade

so where is vader ?

Pandora

I've got an associates in business, and all I learned is that I don't ever want to run a business. I'm a psych major at one of the top institutions in the country, suprisingly enough. Not a whole lot for bachelor's is really available, but once I finish my doctorate in about 7 years and get signed on at a good research university, I'll be golden.

Princess

Pod as a psych major? THat's a scary thought

Tsl

Not a whole lot for bachelor's is really available, but once I finish my doctorate in about 7 years and get signed on at a good research university, I'll be golden.

Dude, that's exactly why I switched from psych to nursing....and yet here I am doing another 4 years (PT) of grad school anyway *cries*

Pandora

Princess: you knew that.

TSL: Tenured Psy Ds can make six figures at a good research school, not to mention what you can make with a practice on the side.

Mara

I spent 5 years in college (3 in a University). I have my Associates and Bachelors. I graduated last year...and I work at a convenience store. The bottom dropped out in the teaching market in NJ. I now have 3 years of college debt--since my County College was paid for--and nothing to show for it but a piece of paper that says I worked my butt off for three years with no discernible future. I can just read my headstone: "He worked for 3 years in a University to attain a piece of paper...but he took some really cool classes :p"

But I'm sure your degree is in something more marketable than mine, so you'll be alright.

Sounds vaguely like my degree. :p

But at least all my debt is gone. :D

James the Defender

Sounds vaguely like my degree. :p

But at least all my debt is gone. :D

:p

Bad furday

An Office Space moment at work yesterday!

Matt was seen not "Smiling and saying 'Hi'" to a customer....and was then taken back into the office for a chat. He said it was like the scene in Office Space where Peter meets with the Bobs. :p

Pandora

I hate Office Space moments at work. Especially the part where I've got six obnoxious female version of Lumberg coming up to me going, "Whaaaaat's happening." As if they ever had anything new to tell me. :roll:

Some day... some day I'll get to smash the proverbial copy machine.

Ladysade

*slides in on a sleeping bag* Allo, Folks

James the Defender

*sits at the bar, drinking Terrible, a beer from UniBroue, based in Chambly, Quebec Canada*

Off for 3 days. Vacation starts in 6 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes. :D

Ladysade

*sits at bar , drinking mandlorian ale straight up *

Mara

*sits at the bar, drinking Terrible, a beer from UniBroue, based in Chambly, Quebec Canada*

Off for 3 days. Vacation starts in 6 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes. :D

Ugh. I don't have vacation till beg. of August. (And that's not counting the Monday after the 4th I get off).

Radioactive Isotope

*crawls into booth*

Back from camp. 'Scuse me while a crash for a bit.

James the Defender

*sits at bar , drinking mandlorian ale straight up *

I've never heard of beer being drank straight up :p

Ladysade

eh...i am odd..

*cooks a burger ..placing it on the bun then smothering it in chocolate and my onion rings aswell and sits down at the bar with my rootbeer*

mmhm chocolate

Princess

I was at my cousin's 1st birthday party and baptism all weekend. He is the world's cutest baby!

Mara

I joined the modern age and bought my first digital camera this past weekend. :p

James the Defender

I went to the Phils ganme on Friday, but that was the extent of my excitement for the weekend.

Oh, went to my sis-in-law's HS grad party

Bad furday

*roars into the cantina in a Reliant Robin, and promptly flips it over with a crash*

:p

*clambers out and draws a mustache on the sleeping Jm* :p :D

Pandora

Mmhmm, Furry's had his Froot Loops today...

Ender

Ha, nice try Furday! *Throws a smashed-but-for-the-nose Chevrolet Lacetti at his pitiful Robin*

Ladysade

*has disappeared ..when a booth near the door explodes...without fire*

Pandora

*Reads a hardback novel and takes a swig from a beer, oblivious to everything else*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.