Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Ana

Celebration V

Radioactive Isotope

I got mine last week.

Ana

Due to budget, I ended up having to wait to order my ticket until after the mail deadline, so I'll have to pick mine up in person once there. :( That'll be one hell of a line.

LOL, anyone see this yet? :pC5 Speed Dating! Sign-ups now closed to guys, but they're begging for girls. I LOLed at that.

Bad furday

Aww..we'll stand outside the line, and watch you in line getting your hard card. :p

I can imagine quite a bit with the C5 Speed Dating...and them practically begging for more girls to sign up. That's definitely webcomic worthy! Or some sort of illustration....hmmmm *plots*

Ana

Actually turns out I'm getting in early enough the day before, that I'm gonna pick it up on Wednesday. So we'll only have to deal with the mondo outside line!

And, okay, is anyone gonna have a car there?

When I told my dad about the speed dating he came up with such ludicrous possible dates that I ended up signing up for it, if just for giggles. Mostly I really hope he's right and some guy will sit down in full Darth Vader getup and say "Who's your daddy?" I wish I had a hidden camera to wear somewhere on me for it.

Edited by Ana

Ana

I am posting this from Orlando under a bunch of palm trees. You know you all wish you were me right now.

Bad furday

*Envious* Oh wait.... :p

Radioactive Isotope

Ha. I'm in Deltona which is about an hour away. Crashing for free at a friend's place. ;)

Ana

Yeah yeah. :p So are we not gonna see you until tomorrow?

Radioactive Isotope

Guess not. I'm going to One Man Star Wars tomorrow. Maybe Rob and I could meet you guys for lunch one day? He doesn't know how crazy this place is, so be gentle with him. ;)

Ana

be gentle with him. ;)

:eek: JM! This is a public forum, not the club!

:p I kid. I promise I'll behave. Can't speak on Furry's behalf though.

Edited by Ana

Radioactive Isotope

Sorry we kinda disappeared on you guys. Rob got his pic of something or other and then we went to get in line for a pannel.

Andy

I want to see pics! Wish I was there! :(

Radioactive Isotope

We wish you were too. I shall be posting pics probably early next week.

Great Celebration story. So, I wandered over to the Del Ray booth and I picked up the new Old Republic book, Fatal Alliance. The guy asked me if I'd played the game, which I haven't. He started telling me how great the book was and that he'd read it on the plane and couldn't put it down. I flipped through it a bit and said I'd have to see if the library had it when I got home. He told me to hang on and when he came back he said, "I've been waiting for someone to be intrigued by this book. Take my copy." I was utterly floored. I can't believe he just handed it to me like that. The first couple chapters are really good and I can't wait to get into it further.

Also, a couple of us had a really interesting discussion with Troy Denning about the Fate series. I got him to sign my badge. Aaron Allston as well. And Christie Golden, but I don't care so much about that one.

Andy

Also, a couple of us had a really interesting discussion with Troy Denning about the Fate series. I got him to sign my badge. Aaron Allston as well.

Can you make me any more jealous? :lol:

Glad you're all having a good time though! Maybe next time I will make it!

In fact, it's a good job I didn't book anything, because I only just got paid for last month, so I'd have been screwed really! :p

Andy

Double post, but:

Just watched the deleted seen from Return of the Jedi, and I have one thing to say...

"Luke Skywalker built this in a cave... from a box of scraps!"

Radioactive Isotope

Pics are up on Facebook.

Bad furday

I shall start putting up pics on Facebook today..but please be patient..there's almost, but not quite, 800 pics for me to look through!

Having some sort of Star Wars Celebration withdrawal right now... *twitches, looking around for a line to stand in, neck feeling naked without the lanyard* :p :shifty:

Edited by Bad furday

Bad furday

My pics are up on Facebook! :D That Facebook exporter in iPhoto made it so easy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033666&id=77500513&l=d5bcaac1b9

Edited by Bad furday

Bad furday

I think the waiter at Red Lobster thought that Ana and I were on a date....he kept looking at us in an odd way....of course, we were both laughing so much from checking what had transpired on GB, other diner patrons were staring. :p

Also, that An Hour With Anthony Daniels show was so great....Ana said she wanted to put him in her pocket, and keep him forever and ever. I wanted to know if he flew in to the con on a private jet or commercial. Could you imagine having Anthony Daniels on your plane, and him grabbing the microphone and telling the stewardess (in the normal 3PO voice) "That simply won't do, now we're going to have to start all over!" Or, "You there, why are you not paying attention to this important bit of safety information?" :p:rofl:

I also said that it would be interesting if Ender had come...and been in the same hotel as me and Ana. I was like, "We'd see Ender come in here with his arm wrapped around a girl in a slave Leia outfit, and then he'd give me a sly wink, before ushering the two of them into his room, and slamming the door. Leaving me in the hallway saying ' What about me?'" And then we deduced that the next night, I'd see him coming down the hall with a slave Leia under each arm, and then he'd be like, "Oh, my furry friend, look what I have for you! You'll love her, she's a sweetheart!" and then tell us kids to have fun, before again taking the other girl to his room, and slamming the door shut, after giving the one girl and me sly looks.

:p:lol: ;)