Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

In Defense of the New Jedi Order

James the Defender

:rofl:

Allston is my absolute favorite!!

CorSec

For me, Traitor was more compelling than anything else I'd read in the EU because the standard dichotomy of good and evil within the the Star Wars mythos was challenged.

I haven't read anything since the NJO ended, but I'm dissapointed the Force philosophy presented by Vergere was later written off as the manipulations of a Sith. I think there was a lot of potential in the neutrality of the Force, especially because it challenged the standard polarized depiction of good and evil in the series.

Vergere wasn't particularly "evil", at least not in the fashion of the standard SW villain. She was written ambiguously at best, which left the reader to fill in the blanks. This is what made the character and the novel more remarkable than most of the EU. At least...for me.

James the Defender

I absolutely agree. That was the strength of traitor. I hated the Dark Nest Trilogy b/c of what it did to the view of the Fore presented in the NJO. After all, isn't that one of the aspects of the New Jedi Order?

Mara

I agree with that part.. It was kind of confusing, just having them recant everything that they had decided a couple years earlier. I mean, why bother? lol

Chickenman

Troy Denning is a decent enough writer, but I hate how he changes things to fit his personal view of the Star Wars universe. Backtracking on Jacen's new understanding of the Force is one example. Also replacing the Jaina/Jag relationship with Jaina/Zekk. I haven't finished reading the Legacy books, but I hear that Allston will write the Jaina/Jag one back into canon and then Denning will change it back and so on.

James the Defender

I saw on Wookiepedia Zekk is scheduled to make an appearance in the FotJ series... I hated that whole love triangle dealy in Dark Nest and LotF... Jaina/Jag...it's over Denning, give it up...we like Jag :p

Mara

I think they're adding him back in Fate of the Jedi 'cause his own novel got axed. :p

James the Defender

prolly

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.