Dragon's Fury 0 Posted November 6, 2002 here's one from one of the christian rock/pop bands i listen to called the Newsboys : Breakfast: Hold the milk, put back the sugar They are powerless to console We?ve gathered here to sprinkle ashes From our late friend?s cereal bowl. Breakfast Clubbers, say the motto That he taught us to repeat: ?You will lose it in your gym class if you wait til noon to eat?. Back when the Chess Club, said our eggs were soft Every Monday he?d say grace and hold our juice aloft Oh, none of us knew his checkout time would come so soon But before his brain stopped waving, he composed this tune: Chorus: WHEN THE TOAST IS BURNIED AND ALL THE MILK HAS TURNED AND CAPTAIN CRUNCH IS WAVING FAREWELL WHEN THE BIG ONE FINDS YOU MAY THIS SONG REMIND YOU THAT THEY DON?T SERVE BREAKFAST IN HELL Breakfast clubbers, drop the hankies Though to some our friend was odd, that day he bought those pine pyjamas His check was good with God Those here without the lord, How do you cope? For this morning we don?t mourn Like those who have no hope Oh rise up, Fruit Loop lovers- Sing out sweet and low With spoons held high We bid our brother ?Cheerio!" chorus (repeat til fade) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 6, 2002 Awesome! The Newsboys rock. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 6, 2002 What's that? A breakfast cereal advert? ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted November 6, 2002 All My Life I will never find another lover sweeter than you, sweeter than you I will never find another lover more precious than you, more precious than you Girl You are Close to me you're like my mother, Close to me you're like my father, Close to me you're like my sister, Close to me you're like my brother You are the only one my everything and for you this song I sing (CHORUS) All my life I pray for someone like you I thank God that I, that I finally found you All my life I pray for someone like you I hope that you feel the same way too Yes, I pray that you do, love me too Said I promised to never fall in love with a stranger, You're all I'm thinking of I praise the Lord above, For sending me your love, I cherish every hug, I REALLY LOVE YOU!!! (Oh so much,.. baby baby!) All my life, I pray for someone like you, I thank God (thank god I found you)that I, that I finally found you (Oh!) All my life(life!) I pray for someone like you I hope that you feel the same way too Yes, I pray that you do, love me You're all that I've ever known, your smile on your face, all I see is a glow, You turned my life around, You picked me up when I was down, You're all that I've ever known, when you smile your face glows, You picked me up when I was down You're all that I've ever known, when you smile your face glows, You picked me up when I was down & I hope that you feel the same way too, Yes I pray that you do love me too All my life, I pray for someone like you, I thank God that I, that I finally found you All my life I pray for someone like you I hope that you feel the same way too Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 7, 2002 *Claps* I love that song girl! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 7, 2002 *claps* That was great Link! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 7, 2002 *walks up on the stage and picks up an electric guitar and then plugs it into the amp* *steps up to the microphone* This is Don't believe it all by treble charger. *starts playing and singing* Half way from midnight to dawn, let's just forget and move on. Everything you say, it never seem to change a thing inside Things you never did were even worst concidering what's right [All this time I] Been the one to string along tie me up to bring along never want getting in your way! What you say, is unbelievable I can't stand to hear it once more What you do, I don't believe it all What's worst, you can't even say Why. Half of my life flashes by, just look me straight in the eye Words you gonna cheat the company you keep is more to blame Things you always did, they never seem to mean you'd be as tame [All this time I] Tried to leave but never could Wonder if i ever would Knowing you'd be standing me my way! SO! What you say, is unbelievable I can't stand to hear it once more What you do, I don't believe it all What's worst, you can't even say Why. I can't watch ten years ago What's forgotten down below somethings that you'll never know what you say...you can believe. I wanna know what's right. What you say, is unbelievable I can't stand to hear it once more What you do, I don't believe it all What's worst, you can't even say Why. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 7, 2002 *Applauds* That was great Drake! It's hard to play and sing at the same time sometimes... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted November 7, 2002 Especially if you play the trumpet or something No, I don't play any instruments, before you ask. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 7, 2002 *gets up on stage* "Love Song For No One" John Mayer Staying home alone on a Friday Flat on the floor looking back On old love Or lack thereof After all the crushes are faded And all my wishful thinking was wrong I'm jaded I hate it I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here Searching all my days just to find you I'm not sure who I'm looking for I'll know it When I see you Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom Staying up all night just to write A love song for no one I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here I could have met you in a sandbox I could have passed you on the sidewalk Could I have missed my chance And watched you walk away? I could have met you in a sandbox I could have passed you on the sidewalk Could I have missed my chance And watched you walk away? I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here You'll be so good You'll be so good for me Staying home alone on a Friday Flat on the floor looking back On old love Or lack thereof After all the crushes are faded And all my wishful thinking was wrong I'm jaded I hate it I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here Searching all my days just to find you I'm not sure who I'm looking for I'll know it When I see you Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom Staying up all night just to write A love song for no one I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here I could have met you in a sandbox I could have passed you on the sidewalk Could I have missed my chance And watched you walk away? I could have met you in a sandbox I could have passed you on the sidewalk Could I have missed my chance And watched you walk away? I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here I'm tired of being alone So hurry up and get here So tired of being alone So hurry up and get here You'll be so good You'll be so good for me Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 7, 2002 That was great Ana! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted November 7, 2002 *starts singing Vanessa Carlton's songs* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master MJade 0 Posted November 7, 2002 *claps* now my turn! One, One,One,One- Two,Two,Two,Two- Three,Three,Three,Three- Four,Four,Four,Four- Pardon me, your epidermis is showing, sir I couldn't help but note your shade of melanin I tip my hat to the colorful arrangement Cause I see the beauty in the tones of our skin We gotta come together, and thank the maker of us all Chorus: We're colored people, and we live in a tainted place We're colored people, and they call us the human race We've got a history so full of mistakes And we are colored people who depend on a Holy Grace A piece of canvas is only the beginning, for It takes on character with every loving stroke This thing of beauty is the passion of an artist's heart By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope We gotta come together, aren't we all human after all? **(Repeat Chorus)** Ignorance has wronged some races And vengeance is the Lord's If we aspire to share this space Repentance is the cure Well, just a day in the shoes of a color blind man Should make it easy for you to see That these diverse tones do more than cover our bones As a part of our anatomy **(Repeat Chorus x2)** Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 7, 2002 *claps and whistles* Awesome! Good job. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master MJade 0 Posted November 7, 2002 do you know who its by? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 8, 2002 *Applauds* I've never heard that song before, but I like it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 8, 2002 Actually I don't know who it's by... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 8, 2002 Here's one you might be able to guess MJade... Check the method when I constantly flow, no joke like the pronto, loud so, John Doe up in his condo in Toronto, can hear the way foot comes down, just to give you the run down, Krutch be droppin' it, daybreak to sundown, when the smoke clears, who you think'll be standin' there? grippin' four mics, swingin' the cords up in the air, like cowboys, we be rockin' the territory in this rap game, 'n' Christ blessed us with the octane, the same name, who created the world in seven days, will change ya life, you'd be amazed, man, don't trip, we gon' carry on with the function, Krutch preparin' the power punch 'n' The things, you say, your word will never push me away, the things, you say,... You're unbelivable,... you're so unbelievable I just wanna make jams, to pack the clubs 'n' stadiums, with people of all types, while makin' the crowd hype, I got Christ in me, for the life of me, stand truly thankful for the sites I see, 'n' sparks be ignitin', the minute we start writin', God placed me in this fightin', to speak 'n' to enlighten, and I'm just that type-a, lyrical rhyme sniper, never a street fighter, but down for gettin' hyper, I'm a beat junkie brother, known by the emcee's, for rippin' thru tracks like epidemic disease, and shout to J.C. cuz' he reigns supreme, 'n' party people out there know what I mean. The things, you say, your word will never push me away, the things, you say,... You're unbelivable,... you're so unbelievable Check this out, check this out, stepped on the scene, at the age of thirteen, crystal-clean, kick it like ya never seen, big expansion, that mmm bopped hanson, 'n' thru off Marylin Manson up in his mansion, out to rock the globe, while its still here to rock, with things that'll make ya drop ya jaw, run along 'n' lock ya door, it's the Krutch coalition crowd, on a mission now, original, givin' emcee's beat downs, we bust, with the extreme thrust, of ten warriors, the notorious, one triple zero, no joke, we let it flow, man for real though, steppin' on sneakers with steel toes. The things, you say, your word will never push me away, the things, you say,... You're unbelivable,... you're so unbelievable Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 8, 2002 *Applauds* That's great Drake! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted November 11, 2002 *plugs in his electric guitar into the amp* This is Drowning by Crazy Town... Everything is so complex Every day's like a test for the obstacles that seem the most impossible... [And I'm thinking Just another breath Not a minute left How long have I been drifting?] Pass the glass pipe Hit the flashlight Now break it People say I'm a star but I still think I'll never make it... [And I'm thinking Just another prayer Not a second left I feel there's something missing!] Sometimes I hate that chaos surrounds me When all the answers that I seek all around me Am I drowning? Am I fading away? Or am I living up to all your dreams that made me this way? Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning? I've been to hell and back Looking for the answers to life Looking at myself, trying to get things right [And I'm feeling Just another breath Not a minute left I feel the darkness lifting] There was a time that I questioned if I've ever be alright Running, getting high, staying trapped by sleepless nights [And I'm thinking Just another breath Not a minute left I feel there's something missing] I'm running from myself and all the things I don't like Living every night like it's the last night [And I'm thinking Just another prayer Not a second left I need to stop resisting!] [Drowning in the drama Lost in the life Trapped by the current of life Caught in the rip-tide...] (x4) Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning? Sometimes I hate that chaos surrounds me When all the answers that I seek all around me Am I drowning? Am I fading away? Or am I living up to all your dreams that made me this way? Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning... Am I drowning? Drowning in the drama Lost in the life Trapped by the current of life Caught in the rip-tide... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 11, 2002 *Applauds* Bravo Drake! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ana 15 Posted November 12, 2002 *sings* "Being Alive" Music and Lryics by Stephen Sondheim Someone to hold you too close Someone to hurt you too deep Someone to sit in your chair And ruin your sleep And make you aware of being alive Someone to need you too much Someone to know you too well Someone to pull you up short And put you through hell And give you support for being alive - being alive Make me alive, make me confused Mock me with praise, let me be used Vary my days, but alone is alone, not alive. Somebody hold me too close Somebody force me to care Somebody make me come through I'll always be there As frightened as you of being alive Being alive, being alive Someone you have to let in Someone whose feelings you spare Someone who, like it or not Will want you to share a little, a lot of being alive Make me alive, make me confused Mock me with praise, let me be used Vary my days, but alone is alone, not alive Somebody crowd me with love Somebody force me to care Somebody make me come through I'll always be there As frightened as you to help us survive Being alive, being alive, Being alive, being alive. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twi'lekgal 0 Posted November 12, 2002 Ok... um this is an original piece by me I hope u like cuz i spent an hour writing it out. I wish I had someone else sing it for me but I guess this is a job I hav to do.... I worte this song after wondering about ... a song named Damn and figured if there were such a song i would go like this. I hope u like. *ahem* Tittle: Damn ( I am me) Damn those who never believed in me Damn those who thought they were better then me Damn those who just couldn't see What I could be Life is full of struggles All you do is try To keep your head above the water The mess you made inside But you gotta keep on trying Stand on your own two feet One day you will finally Be what you're meant to be Life is hard and gets harder still All the work you do you'll loose I have slaved over others until I had nothing to loose So I told myself, All I have is myself Damn anyone else, I'll be on my own Damn those who never believed in me Damn those who thought they were better then me Damn those who just couldn't see What I could be Damn 'em all, I have all I need So glad I'm on my own finally Damn you who simply doubted me There's more to me Damn them all, all I need is me All I need is what what I can sing I'm on my own and damn it feels so good Doing what I love and having everything SO I tell myself, I have myself Don't need no one else I'm finally on my own Damn those who never believed in me Damn em for not seeing me Damn those who just couldn't see What I could be Damn em all, their opinions I don't need I am on my own finally So let me sing all I can sing I am me I'm what I'm meant to be uh that's it... thank you and uh... hope ur eardrums r still intact. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites