Princess 35 Posted February 14, 2004 That's a good song. I liked it Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted February 14, 2004 One of my all time favorites. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
chozen 1 Posted February 14, 2004 Fine. Believe what you will. Do you come pre-programmed to only accept what you have been told by your country? Yeah! Down with the pre-programmed history! *kicks britney spears and eats uncle sam* Actually.. Why the hell would the beatles even get on the Ed Sulivan if they went already big enough to get onto the American music scene? If it wasn't this show it would ahve been somebody elses. The beatles didn't get big because of this guy or that show, it was to do witht the changing moral climate and the boosting of the economy/ and the baby boom after the second world war. people needed a change and the beatles were it. Prin, yes I know that song is about a stalker. It's definitely the best stalker song ever written. umm... have you ever heard any of the songs by Wham? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted February 14, 2004 You see, kids. This is why you listen to the whole album. Otherwise, you miss incredibly entertaining (although incredibly weird) songs like this: "Where the Wild Things Are" - Metallica So wake up, sleepy one It's time to save your world Steal dreams and give to you Shoplift a thought or two All children touch the sun Burn fingers one by one, by one Will this earth be good to you? Keep you clean or stain through? So wake up, sleepy one It's time to save your world You're where the wild things are Toy soldiers off to war Big eyes to open soon Believing all under sun and moon But does heaven know you're here? And did they give you smiles or tears? No, no tears Will this earth be good to you? Keep you clean or stain through? So wake up, sleepy one It's time to save your world You're where the wild things are Toy soldiers off to war You swing your rattle down Call to arms, the trumpets sound Toy horses start the charge Robot chessmen standing guard Hand puppets storm the beach Fire trucks trapped out of reach Hand puppets storm the beach Fire trucks trapped out of reach All clowns reinforce the rear Slingshots fire into the air All clowns reinforce the rear Slingshots fire into the air Stuffed bears hold the hill till death Crossfire from the marionettes Stuffed bears hold the hill till death Crossfire from the marionettes We shall never surrender All you children touch the sun Burn your fingers one by one Will this earth be good to you? Keep you clean or stain through? So wake up, sleepy one It's time to save your world You're where the wild things are Toy soldiers off to war Off to war Off to war So close your little eyes Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted February 15, 2004 Here On In by South It's a sold life Sun rise on the back of an old life Borrowed the style if the time's right Cut all the ties in your foresight You're only slaving in your own mind But still life makes your heart It's a cold life Died in the back of a landslide Caught in the web swallowed your pride If your not certain then don't dive The corner your eyes the sunrise I've lost more inside than the spirit that's died In my state of mind what I've got to decide (rely on) Here on in Controlled types Types that lay back and pay no mind Constantly burning their own kind It means more to me than to stay and fight I've lost more like that than I care to right I've lost more inside than the spirit that's died In my state of mind what I've got to decide (rely on) Here on in Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted February 15, 2004 Also! Life's Gonna Suck by Denis Leary Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up Life's gonna suck when you grow up, it sucks pretty bad right now Hey, if you know the words, sing along You're gonna have to mow the lawn, do the dishes, make your bed You're gonna have to go to school until you're seventeen It's gonna seem about tree times as long as that You might have to go to war, shoot a gun, kill a nun You might have to go to war when you get out of school Hey cheer up kids, it gets a lot worse You're gonna have to deal with stress, deal with stress, deal with stress You're gonna be a giant mess when you get back from the war Santa Claus does not exist, and there is no Easter Bunny You'll find out when you grow up that Big Bird isn't funny Life's gonna suck when you grow up, when you grow up, when you grow up Life's gonna suck when you grow up, it sucks pretty bad right now You're gonna end up smoking crack, on you're back, face the fact You're gonna end up hooked on smack and then you're gonna die And then you're gonna die Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted February 15, 2004 One of the saddest but most beautiful songs I've ever heard. It's also a great theme for Anakin Skywalker Alice in Chains - "Down in a Hole" Bury me softly in this womb I give this part of me for you Sand rains down and here I sit Holding rare flowers In a tomb...in bloom Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved See my heart I decorate it like a grave You don't understand who they Thought I was supposed to be Look at me now a man Who won't let himself be Down in a hole, feelin' so small Down in a hole, losin' my soul I'd like to fly, But my wings have been so denied Down in a hole and they've put all The stones in their place I've eaten the sun so my tongue Has been burned of the taste I have been guilty Of kicking myself in the teeth I will speak no more of my feelings beneath Down in a hole, feelin' so small Down in a hole, losin' my soul I'd like to fly but my Wings have been so denied Bury me softly in this womb (Oh I want to be inside of you) I give this part of me for you (Oh I want to be inside of you) Sand rains down and here I sit Holding rare flowers (Oh I want to be inside of you) In a tomb...in bloom Oh I want to be inside... Down in a hole, feelin' so small Down in a hole, losin' my soul Down in a hole, feelin' so small Down in a hole, outta control I'd like to fly but my Wings have been so denied Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted February 16, 2004 Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps Cake ((what kind of name is that?!)) you won't admit you love me. and so how am i ever to know? you only tell me perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. a million times i ask you, and then i ask you over again. you only answer perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. if you can't make your mind up, we'll never get started. and i don't wanna wind up being parted, broken-hearted. so if you really love me, say yes. but if you don't, dear, confess. and please don't tell me perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. if you can't make your mind up, we'll never get started. and i don't wanna wind up being parted, broken-hearted. so if you really love me, say yes. but if you don't, dear, confess. and please don't tell me perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
chozen 1 Posted February 16, 2004 Heh.. I just heard that song on coupling.. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted February 18, 2004 "Mayonnaise" - The Smashing Pumpkins (Yep another song about my existence) Fool enough to almost be it Cool enough to not quite see it Doomed Pick your pockets full of sorrow And run away with me tomorrow June We'll try and ease the pain But somehow we'll feel the same Well, no one knows Where our secrets go I send a heart to all my dearies When your life is so, so dreary Dream I'm rumored to the straight and narrow While the harlots of my perils Scream And I fail But when I can, I will Try to understand That when I can, I will Mother weep the years I'm missing All our time can't be given Back Shut my mouth and strike the demons That cursed you and your reasons Out of hand and out of season Out of love and out of feeling So bad When I can, I will Words defy the plan When I can, I will Fool enough to almost be it And cool enough to not quite see it And old enough to always feel this Always old, I'll always feel this No more promise no more sorrow No longer will I follow Can anybody hear me I just want to be me When I can, I will Try to understand That when I can, I will Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted February 18, 2004 So...this means that Unknown should have a packet or jar of mayonaise as his avatar? :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JainaSolo;)* 0 Posted February 18, 2004 (edited) http://www.american-trading.com/ food/condiments.asp (being bored) here's some mayo if you want. here's alot of mayo. in fact, I am wondering why I even went and found this. *shrugs* I'm bored, so shoot me. (don't please ) Edited February 18, 2004 by JainaSolo;)* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted February 19, 2004 Please excuse me.. Nostalic moment: Thundercats are on the move, Thundercats are loose, Feel the magic, hear the Roar, Thundercats are loose, Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats! Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats! Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats! Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats! Thundercats! Ah, memories... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
chozen 1 Posted February 19, 2004 OMG! Tygra, Pantho, Cheetra, Liono and the rest. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted February 21, 2004 High and Dry by Radiohead Two jumps in a week, I bet you think that?s pretty clever don?t you boy. Flying on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drop. You?d kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never ever stop. You broke another mirror, you?re turning into something you are not. Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry Drying up in conversaton, you will be the one you cannot talk. All your insides fall to pieces, you just sit there wishing you could still make love They?re the ones who?ll hate you when you think you?ve got the world all sussed out They?re the ones who?ll spit at you. you will be the one screaming out. Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry It?s the best thing that you?ve ever had, the best thing that you?ve ever, ever had. It?s the best thing that you?ve ever, the best thing you have ever had has gone away. Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry Don?t leave me high, don?t leave me dry Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted February 21, 2004 The Waltz of Roosevelt and the Fat Lady Virginia Coalition Roosevelt we've been betrayed Said someone over there I think it was me Here's a little place for you And here's a little house where you can die There's a lady in the corner Who'd really love to sing for you Feel free to sing along Well I hear she sings a pretty song, I do But Roosevelt I might be wrong And every time he thinks of her Something kind of wonderful comes right into mind It ain't over till it's over It ain't over till she sings her song But Roosevelt I might be wrong We can try and make sense out of you Maybe in a minute or two Cause my heart's getting tired and my toes getting cold I hope we don't ever get old Ain't it funny how we're all getting old Ain't it funny how we're all getting old And the fat lady doesn't get old Ain't it funny how we're all getting old And the fat lady sings with the grace of an angel As Roosevelt devises his plan As her voice becomes music, the music the waltz Which was over before it began But it was already done But it was already done Singing Obi Wan we've been betrayed Said someone over there I think it was you Here's a little place for you And here's a little house where you can die Cause there's a lady in the corner Who'd really love to sing for you Feel free to sing along Well I hear she sings a pretty song, I do Roosevelt I might be wrong And every time he thinks of her Nothing short of wonderful comes right into mind It ain't over till it's over It ain't over till she sings her song But Roosevelt I might be wrong We can try and make sense out of you Maybe in a minute or two Cause my heart's getting tired and my toes getting cold I hope we don't ever get old (tell me the story....tell me, tell...) Ain't it funny how we're all getting old Ain't it funny how we're all getting old (tell me the story) And the fat lady doesn't get old (tell me the tale) Ain't it funny how we're all getting old (tell me the story) And the fat lady sings with the grace of an angel Roosevelt devises his plan As her voice becomes music, the music the waltz Which was over before it began Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted February 22, 2004 Warren Zevon - Werewolves Of London I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein Aahhh-ooooo Werewolves of London If you hear him howling around your kitchen door Better not let him in Little old lady got mutilated late last night Aaaahh-ooooooooo Werewolves of London again AAhhh-ooooooo Werewolves of London He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair Better stay away from him He'll rip your lungs out, Jim I'd like to meet his tailor Aaaaaaahh-ooooo Werewolves of London Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen Doing the Werewolves of London I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen Doing the Werewolves of London I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's His hair was perfect AAAAAHHH-OOOOO Werewolves of London Draw blood ----------------------------------------------------- Warren Zevon - Keep Me In Your Heart For Awhile From the album "The Wind" Shadows are fallin' and I'm runnin' out of breath keep me in your heart for awhile If I leave you it doesn't mean I love you any less keep me in your heart for a while When you get up in the mornin' and you see that crazy sun keep me in your heart for awhile There's a train leavin' nightly called when all is said and done keep me in your heart for awhile Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lo Keep me in your heart for awhile Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lo Keep me in your heart for awhile Sometimes when you're doin' simple things around the house maybe you'll think of me and smile you know I'm tied to you like the buttons on your blouse keep me in your heart for awhile Hold me in your thoughts take me to your dreams touch me as I fall into view and when the winter comes keep the fires lit and I'll be right next to you Engine driver's headed north to Pleasant Street keep me in your heart for awhile these wheels keep turnin but they're runnin out of steam keep me in your heart for awhile Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lo Keep me in your heart for awhile Sha-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lo Keep me in your heart for awhile Keep me in your heart for awhile... ------------------------------------------- Zevon wrote the above song knowing that he had cancer and was going to die. That makes the above song even more heartbreaking. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted February 22, 2004 (edited) Outkast- Ms. Jackson From the album "Stankonia" [Andre 3000] Yeah this one right here goes out to all the baby's mamas, mamas... Mamas, mamas, baby mamas, mamas Yeah, go like this [Andre 3000] I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times [big Boi] A baby drama mama, don't like me She doing things like havin her boys come from her neighborhood To the studio tryin to fight me She need to get a, piece of the american pie and take her bite out That's my house, I disconnect the cable and turn the lights out And let her know her grandchild is a baby, and not a paycheck Private schools, daycare, s***, medical bills, I'll pay that I love your mom and everything, see I aint the one who laid down She wanna rip you up start a custody war, my lawyer stay down She never got a chance to hear my side of the story we was divided She had fifths out, cookouts, on my child's birthday I aint invited Despite it, show her the utmost respect when I fall through All you, do is defend that lady when I call you, yeah I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times [Andre 3000] Me and your daughter Got a special thang goin on You say it's puppy love We say it's full grown Hope that we feel this Feel this way forever You could plan a pretty picnic But you can't predict the weather, Ms. Jackson Ten times out of nine, now if I'm blind fine The quickest muzzle throw it on my mouth and I'll decline King meets queen, then the puppy love thing, together dream Bout that crib with the goodyear swing On the oak tree, I hope we feel like this forever Forever, forever, ever, forever, ever? Forever never seems that long until you're grown And notice that the day by day rule can't be too long Ms. Jackson my intentions were good I wish I could Become a magician to abacadabra off to Sata Thoughts of me, thoughts of she, thoughts of he Askin what happened to the feelin that her and me Had, I pray so much about it need some knee, pads It happened for a reason one can't be, mad So know just know that everything is cool Yes I will be present on the first day of school, and graduation I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times [big Boi] Uh, uh, yeah "Look at the way he treats me", s***, look at the way you treat me See your lil nose ass homegirls got they ass up in the creek G Without a pad on, you left the straddlin, ride this thing on out And the union girl aint speakin no more cuz my **** all in her mouth Know what I'm talkin about, jealousy, and fidelity, envy Cheating, beating, and to the G's they be the same thing So who you placin the blame on, you keep on singin the same song Let bygones be bygones, you can go on and get the hell on You and your mama I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times I'm sorry Ms. Jackson (OOOH) I am for real Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times Edited February 22, 2004 by Smeagol/Fett Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted February 24, 2004 Sweet Southern Comfort Buddy Jewell A misty sunrise in my hometown, Rows of cotton 'bout knee high. Mrs. Baker down the dirt road, Still got clothes out on the line. Irwin Nichols, there with Judsley, Playin' Chequers at the gin. When I dream about the Southland, This is where it all begins. From Carolina down to Georgia, Smell the Jasmine and Magnolia. Sleepy sweet home, Alabama, Roll Tide Roll. Muddy water, Mississippi, Blessed Graceland whispers to me. Carry on, carry on: Sweet southern comfort, carry on. Catchin' catfish on the river; Chasin' fireflies by the creek. Kissin' Gary Williams' sister, On the porch, homecoming week. With rusted cars and weepin' willows, Keepin' watch out in the yard. Just a snapshot of downhome Dixie, Could be anywhere you are, In Carolina or in Georgia, Open arms are waitin' for you. Louisiana, Yellow Rose of, San Antone. Arkansas, Mississippi, Old man river whispers to me: Carry on, carry on: Sweet southern comfort, carry on. As I sit here I'm surrounded, By these priceless memories. I don't have to think about it: Theres no place I'd rather be. Than Carolina or in Georgia, Smell the Jasmine and Magnolia. Sleepy sweet home, Alabama, Roll Tide Roll. Muddy water, Mississippi, Blessed Graceland whispers to me. Carry on, carry on: Sweet southern comfort, Carry on, carry on: Sweet southern comfort, carry on. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted February 27, 2004 Stupify by Disturbed Yeah, bringing you another disturbing creation From the mind of one sick animal who can?t tell the difference And gets stupified I?ve been waiting my whole life for just one ewok And all I needed was just one ewok How can you say that you don?t give a ewok I find myself stupified, coming back again All I wanted was just one ewok One tiny little innocent ewok And when I feel like I?m sith out of luck I find my stupified, coming back again Why, do you like playing around with My, narrow scope of reality I, can feel it all start slipping I think I?m breaking down See but I don?t get it Don?t you think maybe we could put it on credit Don?t you think it can take control when I don?t let it I get stupified It?s all the same you say Live with it All the people in the left wing ewok And all the people in the right wing ewok And all the people in the underground ewok I find myself stupified, coming back again All the people in the high rise ewok And all the people in the projects ewok And all la hente in the bario ewok I and myself stupified, coming back again (if all fails) And don?t deny me No baby now, don?t deny me And darlin? don?t be afraid Look in my face, slip in my soul I begin to stupify Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted February 28, 2004 (edited) Outkast - Roses From the album "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" *cool piano intro* [Andre 3000] Caroline! Caroline! See, Caroline, All the guys would say she's mighty fine, mighty fine! But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time And the other half either got you cussed out, or coming up short Yeah, now dig this, even though You'd need a golden calculator to divide, to divide! The time it took to look inside and realize that Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah! I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo -boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo [Andre 3000] Caroline! See she's the reason for the word "bith" I hope she's speeding on the way to the club Trying to hurry up to get to some Baller or singer or somebody like that And try to put on her makeup in the mirror And crash, crash, crash.. into a ditch! (Just Playing!) She needs a golden calculator to divide, to divide! The time it took to look inside and realize that Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah! I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo [big Boi] Well she's got a hotty's body, but her attitude is potty When I met her at a party she was hardly acting naughty I said "Would you call me?" She said "Pardon me, are you ballin'?" I said "Darling, you sound like a prostitute pausing" Oh so you're one them freaks, get geeked at the sight of an ATM receipt But game been peeped, dropping names she's weak Trickin' off this bith is lost Must take me for a geek a quick way to eat A neat place sleep, a rent-a-car for a week, a trick for a treat Now go on the raw sex, my AIDS test is flawless Regardless, we don't want to get involved without our lawyers And judges just to hold grudges in a courtroom I wanna see ya support bra not support you! I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo I, Yeah, I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo I, Yeah, I know you'd like to thank your s***don't stank But lean a little bit closer See that roses really smell like boo-boo-boo Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo-boo booo [Andre 3000] Better come back down to Mars Girl, quit chasin' cars What happens when the dough get so low bith, you ain't that fine No way.. no way.. no way Better come back down to Mars Girl, quit chasin' cars What happens when the dough get so low bith, you ain't that fine No way.. no way.. no way [Andre 3000 and Big Boi] Crazy bith, Crazy bith, Crazy bith, Crazy bith, Crazy bith, Crazy bith, Crazy bith, stupid ass bith, Crazy bith Old punk ass bith, Crazy bith, old dumbass bith, Crazy bith A bith's bith, Crazy bith, just a bith, Crazy bith . bith, stupid ass bith, Crazy bith Old punk ass bith, Crazy bith, old dumbass bith, Crazy bith A bith's bith, just a bith ---------------------------- (I guess OutKast was trying to set a record for the most time someone's said "bith" in a song.) Edited February 29, 2004 by Smeagol/Fett Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted February 29, 2004 Echo by Trapt Close my eyes Let the whole thing pass me by There is no time to waste Asking why? I'll run away with you, by my side I'll run away with you, by my side I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride (Asking why?) I think about your face And how I fall into your eyes The out moment I trace around the one that I call mine Time to count more space And beware that your drew the line I don't need you solve this case And I don't need to look behind Close my eyes Let the whole thing pass me by There is no time to waste Asking why? I'll run away with you, By my side I'll run away with you, By my side I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride (Asking why?) Do I except you change, the past I hold inside? With all the words I say Repeating over in my mind Some things you cant erase No matter how hard you try An exit to escape Is all there is left to find Close my eyes Let the whole thing pass me by There is no time to waste Asking why?(Asking why) I'll run away with you, by my side I'll run away with you, by my side I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride Until this echo, echo, echo, echo in my mind Until this echo, echo, echo, echo can subside So I, Close my eyes Let the whole thing pass me by There is no time to waste Asking why? I'll run away with you, by my side I'll run away with you, by my side I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride Until this echo, echo, echo, echo in my mind Until this echo, echo, echo, echo can subside Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted March 9, 2004 I'd sing my unfinished parody of "Numb" right here but I don't want to ruin my chances at marketing... :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted March 9, 2004 hey, numb's a cool song :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted March 9, 2004 (edited) I know, I'm just parodying it. No harm done. It's about a hunter who gets caught shooting a deer out of season though...so maybe a little harm done. Edited March 20, 2004 by Chickenman Share this post Link to post Share on other sites