Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Roethlisberger

The Police - Every Breath You Take

(written by: Sting)

Every breath you take and every move you make

Every bond you break, every step you take

I'll be watchin' you

Every single day and every word you say

Every game you play, every night you stay

I'll be watchin' you

Oh, can't you see

You belong to me

How my poor heart aches

With every step you take

Every move you make and every vow you break

Every smile you fake, every claim you stake

I'll be watchin' you

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace

I dream at night, I can only see your face

I look around but it's you I can't replace

I feel so cold and I long for your embrace

I keep cryin', baby, baby, please

Oh, can't you see

You belong to me

How my poor heart aches

With every step you take

Every move you make and every vow you break

Every smile you fake, every claim you stake

I'll be watchin' you

Every move you make, every step you take

I'll be watchin' you

I'll be watchin' you

(every breath you take, every move you make,

every bond you break, every step you take)

I'll be watchin' you

(every single day, every word you say,

every game you play, every night you stay)

I'll be watchin' you

(every move you make, every vow you break,

every smile you fake, every claim you stake)

I'll be watchin' you

(every single day, every word you say,

every game you play, every night you stay)

I'll be watchin' you

(every breath you take, every move you make,

every bond you break, every step you take)

I'll be watchin' you

(every single day, every word you say,

every game you play, every night you stay)

I'll be watchin' you

(every move you make, every vow you break,

every smile you fake, every claim you stake)

I'll be watchin' you

(every single day, every word you say,

every game you play, every night you stay)

I'll be watchin' you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Ender, just to let you know, Entertainment Weekly gave your Incubus CD a C-.

I'm sure you may want to purge the critic who wrote that review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

One of the best Incubus songs ever... off their new album, A Crow Left of the Murder.

Most definately their best song ever...and my current favorite song...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Fett, you know that that song was written about a stalker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drake

Linkin Park - And One

(from the Hybrid Theory EP album)

Where should I start

Disjointed heart

I?ve got no commitment

To my own flesh and blood

Left all alone

Far from my home

No one to hear me, to heal my ill heart, I

Keep it locked up inside

Cannot express

To the point I?ve regressed

If anger?s a gift, then I guess I?ve been blessed, I

Keep it locked up inside

Keep my distance from your lies

It's too late to love me ma

You helped me to show me

It's to late to love me ma

You don't even know me

Breaking a part of my heart to find release

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Breaking a part of my heart to find release

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Break)

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace (Me)

Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Too)

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Keep it locked up inside

Keep my distance from your lies

Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Break)

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace (Me)

Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Too)

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Breaking a part of my heart to find release

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Breaking a part of my heart to find release

Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace

Keep my distance

Keep my distance

Keep my distance

Keep my distance

[slows to rap solo]

Spit drips from the jaw of the witless witness

Cryptic colloquialism shifts your midrift

Dark all I do embark the shadows

Involved with my thought catalog, analogue, rap catalog

Keep my distance, and fear resistance, hurt by persistence

The twisted web of tangled lies

Strangles my hope to waste and numbs the taste

And I'm forced to face these hate crimes

Against the state of being

Feeling the weight-less-ness pressed between the ceiling

Reeling around room

Riding a bubble of sound proof

It's the frequency making you

Sha-Shake with every boom

Involuntary muscle contraction

Ignoring and drinking musical gas field euphoria

The sound pounds to make the dead flush

To have you a head rush with red thoughts and said stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drake

Linkin Park - Step Up

(an amazing song from the Hybrid Theory EP album)

Yeah

Watch as the room rocks

Mentally moonwalk

Mixed media slang

Banging in your boom box verbal violence

Lyrical stylist

In a time when rock hip hop rhymes are childish

You can?t tempt me with rhymes that are empty

Rapping to a beat doesn?t make you an emcee

With your lack of skill and facility

You?re killing me

And a DJ in the group just for credibility

I heard that some of you are getting help with your rhymes

You?re not an emcee if someone else writes your lines

And rapping over rock doesn?t make you a pioneer

Cause rock and hip hop have collaborated for years

But now they?re getting randomly mixed and matched up

All after a fast buck and all the tracks suck

So how does it stack up? None of it?s real

You want to be an emcee you?ve got to study the skill

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Bring it to you every time like this?

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Step, step up, step, step up

So you pick up a pen and write yourself a new identity

But mentally you don?t have the hip hop energy

With a tendency to make up stories

Sounding like the only hip hop you?ve heard is top 40

And your record company is completely missing it

All the kids are dissing it for not being legitimate

So in a battle you can't hack it

React with whack sith

And get smacked with verbal back flips

Get your ass kicked by fabulous battle catalysts

It's taken decades for emcees to establish this

You?re new to hip hop and welcome if your serious

But not on the mic

Leave that to the experienced

(Using the waves of sound the true master paralyzes his opponents, leaving him vulnerable to attack)

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Bring it to you every time like this?

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Step, step up, step, step up

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Bring it to you every time like this?

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Step, step up, step, step up

(After years of pain staking research by the world's leading sound scientists, we here at the sound institute have invented a reliable audio weapons system. Actual movement of musical sound in space used to carefully attack and neutralize the cellular structure of the human body, and the question must be asked.)

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Bring it to you every time like this?

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Step, step up, step, step up

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Bring it to you every time like this?

Who can rock a rhyme like this?

Step, step up, step, step up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Fett- Exactly... it's EW. One of the crappiest magazines ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

I wouldn't quite say that. What about Variety?

I like EW because they, more often than not, agree with me.

Prin, yes I know that song is about a stalker. It's definitely the best stalker song ever written. ;)

----------------------------------------------

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

From the album "Who's Next"

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the fold, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

Though I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Are now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Everlong by Foo Fighters

Hello

I've waited here for you

Everlong

Tonight

I throw myself into

And out of the red out of her head she sang

Come down and waste away with me

Down with me

Slow out you wanted it to be

Over my head, out of my head she sang

And I wonder

When I sing along with you

If everything could ever feel this real forever

If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you

You've got to promise not to stop when I say when

She said

Breathe out

So I can breathe you in

Hold you in

And now

I know you've always been

Out of your head out of my head i sang

And I wonder

When I sing along with you

If everything could ever feel this real forever

If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you

You've got to promise not to stop when I say when

She said

And I wonder

If everything could ever feel this real forever

If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you

You've got to promise not to stop when I say when

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Randy Newman - Short People

Short People got no reason

Short People got no reason

Short People got no reason

To live

They got little hands

And little eyes

And they walk around

Tellin' great big lies

They got little noses

And tiny little teeth

They wear platform shoes

On their nasty little fett

Well, I don't want no Short People

Don't want no Short People

Don't want no Short People

Round here

Short People are just the same

As you and I

(A Fool Such As I)

All men are brothers

Until the day they die

(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody

Short People got nobody

Short People got nobody

To love

They got little baby legs

And they stand so low

You got to pick 'em up

Just to say hello

They got little cars

That got beep, beep, beep

They got little voices

Goin' peep, peep, peep

They got grubby little fingers

And dirty little minds

They're gonna get you every time

Well, I don't want no Short People

Don't want no Short People

Don't want no Short People

'Round here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Only Fools and Horses (Closing Theme)

We've got some half price cracked ice and miles and miles of carpet tiles,

T.V.s, deep freeze and David Bowie L.P.s,

Ball games, gold chains, whassa-names, and at a push,

Some Trevor Francis track suits from a mush in Shepherds Bush,

Bush, bush, bush, bush, bush, bush, bush ...

No income tax, no V.A.T.,

No money back, no guarantee,

Black or white, rich or poor,

We'll cut prices at a stroke......

God bless Hooky Street,

Viva Hooky Street,

Long live Hooky Street,

C'est magnifique, Hooky Street,

Magnifique, Hooky Street,

Hooky Street

Hooky Street

Hooky Street... (fade)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Forty years ago today, the Beatles made an appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show and changed music forever. They sang these songs:

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand

-Words and Music by John Lennon and Paul McCartney

Oh yeah I tell you somethin'

I think you'll understand

When I say that somethin'

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

Oh please say to me

You'll let me be your man

And please say to me

You'll let me hold your hand

Now, let me hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

And when I touch you

I feel happy inside

It's such a feelin' that my love

I can't hide

I can't hide

I can't hide

Yeah, you got that somethin'

I think you'll understand

When I say that somethin'

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

And when I touch you

I feel happy inside

It's such a feelin' that my love

I can't hide

I can't hide

I can't hide

Yeah, you got that somethin'

I think you'll understand

When I feel that somethin'

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

I want to hold your hand

-------------------------------------------

She Loves You

The Beatles

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah,

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

You think you've lost your love,

Well I saw her yesterday.

It's you she's thinking of

And she told me what to say.

She says she loves you,

And you know that can't be bad.

Yes, she loves you,

And you know you should be glad.

She said you hurt her so,

She almost lost her mind.

But now she says she knows

You're not the hurting kind.

She says she love you,

And you know that can't be bad.

Yes, she loves you,

And you know you should be glad, oooh.

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah,

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.

And with a love like that

You know you should be glad.

You know it's up to you,

I think it's only fair.

Pride can hurt you too,

Apologise to her.

Because she loves you

And you know that can't be bad.

Yes, she loves you,

And you know you should be glad, oooh.

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah,

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah.

With a love like that

You know you should be glad.

With a love like that

You know you should be glad.

With a love like that

You know you should be glad.

Yeh, yeah, yeah.

Yeh, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

YAR!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Forty years ago today, the Beatles made an appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show and changed music forever.

Pfft. How so you figure that one out?

They were already mega-popular back in Britain, the changes to music had already been done by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

No one cared what was popular in Britain, until the Beatles came on the Ed Sullivan show. Not until they came on the show did the influence really start and their popularity build even bigger.

So, stop being such a killjoy. They changed music February 9, 1964, on the Ed Sullivan show, where they had the most witness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Fine. Believe what you will. Do you come pre-programmed to only accept what you have been told by your country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Beeurd, if the Beatles hadn't come to the Ed Sullivan show and hugely increased the popularity of their music and other British music, then popular music would've been very different. It was their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show that gave the new type of Rock its real popularity and influence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

If it wasn't popular they wouldn't have gone to the USA in the first place.

I don't know who Ed Sullivan is, so I don't really care about his show, okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

I only care because of that one episode which had The Beatles and made them extremely popular (Ed SUllivan is the host of the Ed Sullivan show)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Ed SUllivan is the host of the Ed Sullivan show

Really? Now, I'd never have guessed that. :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Beatles - Yesterday

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.

Now it looks as though they're here to stay.

Oh, I believe in yesterday.

There's a shadow hanging over me.

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be.

Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go, I don't know,

She wouldn't say.

I said something wrong,

Now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play.

Now I need a place to hide away.

Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Why she had to go, I don't know,

She wouldn't say.

I said something wrong,

Now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday love was such an easy game to play.

Now I need a place to hide away.

Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Don't need it. I have all the albums and I know most of the lyrics.

Thanks though :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

The only Beatles album I have is Sgt Peppers.... Original vinyl record though! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

This is one of my favorite songs in the world...

That Was a Crazy Game of Poker by O.A.R.

Ohh myyyy

20 throw down in my best bridge

and the man to my left has folded down

well johnny doubled up with a royal flush

i had three jacks and a pair of nines

my mind is turning - just two shots more

there's not much left to play

well then dude walks in, black hat on top

what am i, if i'm lucky

wasn't a county cop

cause i'm just runnin out of time

Who's up for game two

what to do

my wallet's gettin thin

and i just lost my watch last night

well i gotta problem

just one answer

gotta throw it all down

and kiss it goodbye

Yeah!

That was a crazy game of poker

(That was a crazy game of poker)

I lost it all

(I lost it all)

but someday i'll be back again

And I, never to fold.

(never to fold)

Who's up for game three

i can barely see the bourbon drowning next to me

And i just lost it all

well there's a man sittin next to me

Red, was smiling

cause its funny

i don't have no money tonight

yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

That was a crazy game of poker

(That was a crazy game of poker)

I lost it all

(I lost it all)

but someday i'll be back again

And I, never to fold.

(never to fold)

Bop bop bop...

I say now skittleedat dat,

Well how bout that?

I'm coming out the front never coming out the back

And I walked into the bar yesterday

Cause I had something to do, something to say

And Johnny walked in right behind me and I didn't turn around

Til I heard the sound of his feet falling on the ground

I looked over my shoulder and I saw a clown

And I said what'cha doin' in the bar tonight.

So I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight?

He looked at me with a face full of fright

And I said, how bout a revolution?

And he said right.

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah jah jah

Jahova!

And I said, what'cha looking at?

He hit me across the face with a bat

I grabbed my .45 and I said let's get out and go

So he opened the door and said do what you're here for

I said I'm wandering round the road four to four

And I said I been walking for about a thousand years.

And my feet are growing tired

My eyes a little wired

Don't know what to do unless I retire

And he just said let's play some crazy poker

So I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight?

He looked at me with a face full of fright

And I said, how bout a revolution?

And he said right.

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say die

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say die dah dah

Day day oh!

I said that, was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw

I said that, was the craziest game of poker that I ever saw

But I'm not gonna quit and I'm not gonna stop

Don't give a sith cause I got the drop

Johnny just got two eyes just like mine

And I'm feeling kinda funky, kinda fine

And I drank a bottle of whiskey, 'fore I came

Came to the bar to see what's the same

I saw my man named Johnny sittin' across the table from me

And to my left was a man, he had no chin

Didn't really think about starting a scene

The man to my right wasn't feeling kinda nice

He looked kinda mad and I felt bad

Beacuse I took his money last night it's kinda funny

But now I'm just struggling--

I need a honey-bunny.

I don't know what to say anymore

So I'm just gonna go out, anywho...

So I said Johnny whatcha doing tonight?

He looked at me with a face full of fright

And I said, how bout a revolution?

And he said right.

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah

I say of, you say a

I say revolution, and you say jah jah jah jahova

javhova, is watching over me...

Day day oh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.