Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

Recommended Posts

Sticks

Haha...

Meme...funny word. I had to look that one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Go say it where you can Sticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

This is what hip flasks are for, Sticks. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

Go say it where you can Sticks

Would, but I've already forgotten what I was gonna type. My brain's fried from speding the two hours doing useless security checks and yelling at privates with messy barracks.

And the night's just starting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Go say it where you can Sticks

Would, but I've already forgotten what I was gonna type. My brain's fried from speding the two hours doing useless security checks and yelling at privates with messy barracks.

Is that some kind of crude STD reference? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

Hahaha, no! I meant every word of that in the literal sense. I'm on staff duty right now, and I stopped by some of my soldiers' barracks to do health and welfare checks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

*brings in a box of doughnuts* :)

*munches*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirax

Hopefully only one week. But I realized last night that I'm a bit scared about going back out in the world.

Completely understandable. I was having the same discussion with a friend last Saturday. But she's been out of the working world for over 3 years because of maternity leave, etc that you get as a single mom in the UK. Anyway... I'm sure you'll do fine. Has your previous employer held your job for you? Can you talk to them about positions if not? Have you looked into what else is out there? If you're going back to the same job, it'll still be exactly the same. It's really scary how crap in the workplace never changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

*brings in a box of doughnuts* :)

*munches*

Hope you're gonna share those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

:shifty:

maybe :p

What would you do if I said No ? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

I dunno. Stab you and take them from you maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Here's a story from Sat...

So, my wife and I were out in the door-to-door ministry with another friend of ours and we were calling back on someone to whom we talk often. We were in the friend's car afterward when we got stuck in the driveway in the snow and ice and we had to go get my wife's car from the mechanic. So, we tried pushing to no avail and I said, "I can get us out of this as long as you don't mind losing your floor mats, Jen." She told me to go for it. Since her tire was off the ground, I packed some snow under it for traction and put the mats as far under the tires as possible and had her go. She did and we got it out. Then Jen stops the car and I put the mats in the trunk...

...we're stuck again. We did the same thing and this time, I pushed her all the way to the road. We got in, and drove off. Good stuff, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

lol, that's awesome.

We drove back from VA yesterday, and about 150 miles from the house, we hit a blizzard. But, I still made it in 8 1/2 hours, with a baby, and through a blizzard. I am the man. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirax

I'm guessing no one decided to stop in front of you to stop your momentum and make it more difficult. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It happened a couple times, but that's why I don't tailgate. ;) :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirax

Neither do I. When they come to a complete halt in front of you on an icy steep incline, it doesn't matter how far back you are. You have to stop too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I just saw the weirdest commercial. It was for a Bible Study thing on the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation tomorrow and the times are at 12:14 1/2 pm and 7:14 1/2 pm. What weird times to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Interesting...

Daniel and Revelation are my two favorite Bible Books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

What's with the halves? I don't get it. :p

*drinks beer*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I don't get it either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

I think they're on crack :p Coming up with start times like that.

I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time :p

Edited by Bad furday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirax

Maybe it's code for a secret society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Or maybe they're trying to do a Daniel Brown thing, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Maybe those are verses, and they have an A and B part, and they translated that to a time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I'm betting on crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.