Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Part I - Dawn of Legends

Mara

She moved her hands away and gave a small smile. "Warmer than out here? I cannot imagine." Reaching up, she retied her small bandanna so that it kept her hair off the back of her neck a bit more successfully. "Perhaps I'll stay in the breeze."

Going towards the house, she stopped at his added words. "Yes, thank you. Much appreciated. You're very kind." She smiled at him again before moving on. After sitting carefully on the top step leading to the porch, Avee wiped the back of a hand across her forehead.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

When she finished speaking with the bartender/innkeeper, Morgan slung her belongings across her back once more and walked upstairs to the inn above the bar. She had negotiated herself a room for ten silver coins a night, leaving her plenty more after her sale to the local, and quite interesting blacksmith. That money would be well spent on food, drink, and supplies, in precisely that order because so long as she had her daggers, Morgan was confident in her ability to earn herself anything she should need.

She set her things down on the bed, quickly doing a sweep of the room. It was habitual, a search for traps and deceptions, and of course, quick exits and hiding spots. When you were in a buisness like she was in, being good at your job meant that for each loyal customer you earned you made at least one enemy. You could never be too careful.

Caution asside though, she loved the thrill, the adventure, and the beautiful shiny payday at the end of the journey.

"Payday. I could really use a nice, big, glittering payday sometime soon. All that way for seventeen gold..." She thought aloud as she brushed herself off.

She was a Treasure Hunter, a thief by nature. Money was her first love.

That asside, she headed downstairs again to buy herself a decent meal and a drink.

Drake

Lars shrugged and went back to work. It was a fairly nice fall day out. One of those days where some people thought it warm while others thought it was cold. His sister was one of those who found it cold. That's why he asked the woman traveller. Guess she be made a'tougher stuff, he thought.

Axe finally removed the crucible from the forge and poured some of the metal mixture into a mold. He returned the rest to the heat to keep it from cooling then began the arduous process of shaping the blade.

"This'll take me a bit," he said to Tanalyn. "You'd probably be better off taking a wander around town. Not to mention it might be a little too loud to talk." To emphasize the point, he took his heavy hammer and struck the heated metal then again and again, slowly working it into shape.

Vergere

Beka finally got away from the shop without incident, and headed on over to the Drunken Leech for some breakfast, having realized - as her stomach growled - how hungry she really was. She headed in without a care in the world, and didn't even bother to look around.

-----

Tanalyn nodded graciously, "Very well." When she realized he can't hear her, she just smiled and waved, and pulling her cloak's hood down over her face so her features were all in shadow again.

Edited by Marking Twain

Rogue

Morgan was walking down the stairs towards the bar when she saw a glimpse of red out of the corner of her eye. Not red, persay, but the pin straight flaming mane of a woman far too familiar to her. Tall and lean, with freckles and too baggy clothes. She bet the knave had them stuffed full of stolen goods. And hanging around her neck, a large purple stone, cut perfectly and cast in sparkling gold. She supposed half the people who saw the woman with it thought it was valued at half of what it was. With the war over, not many people took the time to truly recognize the beauty of a magic charm when the saw one.

Beka Chase! And what else is she wearing around her neck but my Pendant of Eirovan!

"You lousy pirate!" Morgan exclaimed, and without prelude, charged at the knave.

Vergere

Beka immediately had her own knife out of the folds of her outfit as soon as she heard the woman's voice, but she jumped over the counter to put it between her and the pissed off treasure hunter. Sweetly and mockingly, "Well, hullo, Morgan. Long time no fight." She glanced behind her as she backed away from the other woman, making sure her way was pretty clear of obstacles.

Rogue

Morgan's favorite dagger was in hand as she placed one hand on the counter, her blue eyes dancing at the prospect of getting back her stolen treasure. "Way too long." She agreed, pressing one hand on the counter as she propelled herself horizontally over it, landing on her feet on the other side. "How about you hand over my amulet, and maybe I'll let you live. This time."

All the trouble she had gone through to find it, only to have this damn conniving woman tail her to the cave and steal it from beneath her nose. It was infuriating, to say the least.

Vergere

"How about.... I keep the amulet, and I live, and you go off on another one of of your damn land-based hunts. I'll even stay here for a while."

Rogue

"Sorry, as truly tempting as that sounds, I'm taking back what's mine." That said, Morgan thrust forward with her dagger.

Ender

Talson flicked his dagger out from its hidden sheath and deflected Morgan's thrust. He responded to her outraged glare with an impassive stare.

"If you ladies wouldn't mind..." He caught Beka by the wrist as she tried a run at Morgan, forcing her to drop her knife. "Much as I love a nice vendetta, I'm more interested in a little peace and quiet, and I'm sure Baros would too," he nodded in the direction of the bartender, who was now curled up in a corner of the bar, whimpering. "So, please, take it outside. Better yet, drop it entirely. Makes my life easier for when the guards start asking questions."

W4rBe4st

Angar?to simply could not take it anymore, he had to go to town and pick up something, which meant interacting with people other than the Butcher. He didn?t like the idea because though he had been in living near the town for quite some time now he still didn?t have any ideas as to how the people in it would react to his being an elf if anyone ever found out. But having to use dagger to do everything from skinning and cutting animals for food, to whittling furniture out of excess lumber really was becoming a nuisance. He did what he could to explain to Amras, where he was going and that he?d probably be gone a few days this time. Then he put on his cloak and other clothes that he used to blend in, took the skinned Stag that he had killed most recently and carried it on his shoulders. He walked to the edge of the forest and took of towards Midholme at a speed that a human would have needed a steed to attain. He slowed his pace to a quick jog when the first of the guards came into view, and passed into the city without so much as an acknowledgment that he existed from the guards.

He made a quick stop by the Butcher?s place to collect a handsome reward for the large animal he brought in, and then asked the Butcher where he may find a place to buy knives. The Butcher suggested the town?s Blacksmith. The Butcher told him where to go and he departed immediately, wishing only to stay in town as long as he had to. He arrived to find the Blacksmith working on an item already. A well made piece though it was, Angar?to found himself looking at the various weapons hung around the store. One piece caught his eye, if only for a second. It was an ax that bore a certain familiarity to him. His haste overwhelmed his curiosity though and he approached the blacksmith, who only nodded at him due to the work currently occupying him. ?::Ahem:: My apologies for interrupting your work my good sir. But I would like to ask if you could possibly provide me with a good set of knives. I am in somewhat of a pickle and require them for things such as skinning the beasts I kill for food. I was unsure of where to go but the Butcher down the street a ways directed me here.? The Blacksmith only nodded again and gave a muffled response saying that he would do his best once his last order was complete. Angar?to continued ?I will leave this here, keep the change.? He said placing a pouch filled with gold on the counter. ?I will return in a couple of days for the knives. Thanks for your time.? And he walked out the door. Angar?to then went to an inn he had spotted once while in town and rented a room, before leaving to explore the town a little bit more.

Edited by W4rBe4st

Rogue

"I would be more than happy to oblige," Morgan said, flicking her gaze over to the man and back to the pirate, holding her dagger to the side to keep his back. She reached forward with her other hand, grabbing the amulet from the pirate's neck and yanking, the thin chain that held it breaking with the small exertion. "Now that I have what's rightfully mine."

Vergere

"Not like you stole it or anything to begin with." Beka rolled her eyes.

Mara

Wanting to be more comfortable, Avee unstrapped the sword from her back and laid it beside her. She stretched our her legs and leaned back a bit, letting the soft breeze pass over her. So soothing, she let her eyes close, just for a moment.

Down in the streets, Devlin slowed Whiskey to a trot. The stallion shook his head, wanting to be let out more, but Dev held steady on the reins. It was late morning, and he didn't want to run over anyone going about their various chores. If something happened, he knew he wouldn't hear the end of it from his parents. His mother already thought he was too headstrong to become a knight, and Dev didn't want to give her any more excuses to try to remove him from his training.

Kirbz1337

Lucien sat up in his cot, swinging his feet over to his the floor as he yawned and rubbed his eyes to clear his blurry vision. As he through his covers to off him they landed on his dog, who let a small grumbled yawn, wanting stay asleep.

"Oh hush An, you slept long enough" said Lucien.

Lucien walked slowly down the stairs combing his hair with his fingers with his dog Anderel sleepily at his heels. Lucien grabbed some cooked meat and mixed it with some water and ground wheat for Anderel. Then jogged back up the stairs to change his clothes. He pulled out some clean pants, a shirt and a decent cloak. He threw some water on his face, and ran some through his hair, and tied it back. He threw his clothes on and walked down to find Anderel done eating.

He grabbed a sack of coins then walked out the door with Anderel at his heels. He began to walk to pick up some metal arrow heads he ordered a week ago. "Hopefully these things will be ready today Anderel. It's been boring with no arrows." Lucien said getting no response. As he arrived at the blacksmith he saw an odd looking man walking away. He saw short white hair and thought he saw off colored skin, but he moved so fast Lucien didn't get to take a double take. Then he turned around and walked up to the counter.

Edited by Rogue
Great first post! Changed "through" to "threw" when it was required grammatically. Also edited out the nickname explanation in parenthesis that was within Lucien's quotations as it seemed as if he was explaining the nickname to

Mara

Lost in his thoughts, Devlin had to quickly rein in his horse, almost making Whiskey rear up on his hind legs to miss running over a cloaked man. He thought he saw a whisk of short hair and swore softly to himself, thinking he had almost collided with an elderly man.

Whiskey shook his head and clamped on his bit, eager to get going again. Dev nudged him over to the figure. "I'm sorry about that, sir..."

Drake

Axe shrugged as the Elvish man, he was clearly a rare breed of Elf due to the colour of his skin, entered and then left. Another man walked in and stood patiently at the counter.

He finished shaping the first dagger by plunging it into a basin of water to let it cool and harden.

"Can I help you?" Axe asked the newcomer.

W4rBe4st

Angar?to was so startled by the horse that his cloak almost fell off. He quickly regained his composure, hoping that no one had noticed him and addrssed the human in front of him, "Oh... think nothing of it. I should have watched where I was going anyway. It's my first time spending more than a few minutes in town and I've been marveling at the-" he searched for a word that wouldn't offend the man in front of him "-uniqueness of this place. I simply got too caught up in my own thought to realize what was around me, and for that I am the one that is sorry."

Kirbz1337

"Hello, I ordered some metal arrow heads last week. My names Lucien, I hoped they'd e ready for me."

Anderel made circles around Luciens feet in impatience, it had been a week and a half since they has last gone hunting. Lucien stomped his foot to tell Anderel to sit quietly as he talked with the blacksmith.

Ender

Talson eyed the amulet dangling from Morgan's fist. "I always wondered who had finally found that thing," he said. "I heard there was quite the maze of nasties between it and any treasure hunter."

Rogue

"Yes." Morgan said, taking a step back. She tucked the amulet safely away, keeping her dagger in her hand in case the pirate dared try to get it back. "I am not, however, any Treasure Hunter."

She gave Beka a warning glance, keeping her eyes on the pirate and the ranger as she moved over to take residence at one of the tables in the back.

Mara

Dev smiled, "I suppose that makes two of us, lost our thoughts."

In the short burst of time when the Elf's--seeing that he was not an elderly man, after all--cloak had almost come off, Devlin had studied the face quickly. He didn't know all too many elves, and this was not someone he recognized. Though, since the end of the war years ago, Midholme had been known to have a lot more variety in its population.

Whiskey cocked his head and snuffed at the stranger, trying to figure out his scent. Devlin patted his neck to calm him down, since he was still side-stepping around in place underneath him.

"Shh... Whiskey.." He turned back to the figure before him. "I'm sorry about him. He's a bit inquisitive."

Suddenly, Dev realized what a sight he must look to this stranger with all his gear and armor he was wearing, along with the sword and helmet strapped behind him on his stallion's saddle. Until this realization, he had though the Elf was merely startled with the encounter itself for what it was, or because he was new to Midholme.

He quickly leaned over and held out his hand and smiled widely. "Devlin Tiernan. Grandson of Baron Hightower of Winteroak and knight-in-training."

Edited by Mara

Ender

Talson shrugged and moved back to his table. "Well, go on being not-a-treasure-hunter quiet-like, then. And you," he pointed at Beka, "it's worthless. There's a lot more, better, even shinier treasure out there than that bauble."

Vergere

Beka grinned wickedly, her own dagger already put away back in the folds of her outfit, "Oh, it's not worthless. It's priceless. Because I stole it out from under her nose." She smiled wickedly over at Morgan, "Funny how a sea wolf could outwit a landlubber for a land treasure."

W4rBe4st

Angar?to had not ever thought about what to say if he ever had to formally introduce himself. He had a slight suspicion that the man in front of him knew what he was and was trying to get him to slip up and reveal his identity out in the open, but he also didn't want to appear rude. So he replied simply "Pleasure to meet you, I am Hunter, son of no one and a newcomer to this area." It was slight lie on his part because due to the fact that he had been a rider, his family was treated like royalty in the elvish community. But there was no sense in bringing that up unless he had to.

Edited by W4rBe4st

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.